Game Day Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 3:20pm Monday 10/06 (King's Birthday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought WHE did a hammy?
Im not so keen on us rushing back these 30+yo.s on soft tissue injury
just give them the extra week and play it safe
It'll be 24 days, which is pretty standard for a minor strain, I think. They'll just roll through the normal hamstring protocol and if he ticks the boxes they'll pick him.

Dean is the first tall out of the team for me
Regardless of optics, hes costing us more onfield than AJ is atm
I don't disagree that he hasn't been great - but I think the persistence will be there for Dean. With Murphy gone and Howe getting older, we are extremely thin on KPD's, and with Dean only being 4 games into his career, at this stage I think coaching committee will back him in to improve.

WHE was basically in full training last week, so I've no doubt he'll be back next week.

With Dean, yes he is improving. But unless you push Frampton forward more often where we know he is better defender or Howe; I dont see how we can play all of frampton. dean. Moore. Howe then you add in IQ. Noble. Sidey. Maynard.

I think that argument is more about the 50 m penalty. Its very often a harsh penalty often compared to the offence. There is no wriggle room fo rthe umps. I think Fiorini was waving downfield and La Verde took that to think it was his free. Its unfortunate but thats been a penalty since I started watching in the 60's. 15m in those days and 50 now. I think its fair to argue in this case its an over the top penalty but it had to be paid, that penalty virtually always is.
Otherwise I could toss it to anyone on the field, and say “I thought he was calling for it.”

WHE was basically in full training last week, so I've no doubt he'll be back next week.

With Dean, yes he is improving. But unless you push Frampton forward more often where we know he is better defender or Howe; I dont see how we can play all of frampton. dean. Moore. Howe then you add in IQ. Noble. Sidey. Maynard.
Maynard to midfield to help Nick and Crisp. Lippa showed last week he is not quite up to a full time mid role

Fritsch is good, mate.
Is he? He is rated ‘below average’ in most metrics except goal accuracy and goals per game (incidentally is only 2.3 goals a game). Fortunately he is an accurate kick for goal otherwise he would probably be rated ‘average’ for goals.

He is their main forward and has never averaged even 2.5 goals a game in any season.

In my opinion, he is nothing more than a solid player.

Is he? He is rated ‘below average’ in most metrics except goal accuracy and goals per game (incidentally is only 2.3 goals a game). Fortunately he is an accurate kick for goal otherwise he would probably be rated ‘average’ for goals.

He is their main forward and has never averaged even 2.5 goals a game in any season.

2.5 (or even 2.3) per game is pretty good! I rate him, personally.

He's probably the most solid Medium forward in the game and 2.3 goals a game is insane for a medium forward

I think they've given up on maynard in the middle.
Best not to have a closed mind or you miss out on moves like Hayden Young or Ed Richards to midfield from defence

We cannot play the same midfield again on Monday - or we will see the same last quarter fade out due to a reliance on too few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best not to have a closed mind or you miss out on moves like Hayden Young or Ed Richards to midfield from defence

We cannot play the same midfield again on Monday - or we will see the same last quarter fade out due to a reliance on too few
Maybe we'll just see more of beau in the middle more than Maynard. But I havent seen anything to suggest about a move for maynard.

Only averages 2.3 goals? Only?

Maybe we'll just see more of beau in the middle more than Maynard. But I havent seen anything to suggest about a move for maynard.
I have no doubt Melb will see how poor we were in clearances in the last QTR fade out against WB.
So we’ll definitely need some reinforcements to ensure a 4 QTR effort at stoppage.

Only Melbourne player to kick multiple goals against us in the final last year, he’s good enough that he demands a good opponent and that they are accountable for him at all times.

Wherever. Shouldn’t have been picked if he can’t play anywhere else. Sub should be more versatile than that.

Might have even been better to start him in the 22 then sub him off if needed

Having him as sub the other option is to make no change at all

Who of the remaining 4 AFL listed players would you have selected?

Not exactly spoilt for choice right now.

Pretty sure I heard Fly in the pregame last start say they had even considered playing frampton as second ruck out of the backline.

This is an option many experts on bigfooty have suggested in the past. Although it’s not the done thing anywhere…. The fact fly even mentioned it I thought was interesting.

Wonder if this could be a possibility this week?

V the Dogs was the time to do it considering Sam Darcy was their second ruck.

Frammers should never step foot inside forward 50 again.

The Dees have look half cooked all season, even before yesterdays debacle.

Their forward line is genuinely horrible, their much lauded defence has holes everywhere and Viney and Oliver couldn't get a kick in a street fight right now.

They're ripe for the picking again on Monday, we just need to maintain our form for 4 quarters.

I also hope we start Bruzzy in the middle to really set the mood early.

The Dees have look half cooked all season, even before yesterdays debacle.

Their forward line is genuinely horrible, their much lauded defence has holes everywhere and Viney and Oliver couldn't get a kick in a street fight right now.

They're ripe for the picking again on Monday, we just need to maintain our form for 4 quarters.

I also hope we start Bruzzy in the middle to really set the mood early.
We do not exactly run out game well atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back