Game Day Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 3:20pm Monday 10/06 (King's Birthday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
petty gives Gawn a chop out, Freddy can handle 5 or 6 mins a quarter against him. Cameron showed last year when we dropped cox, he’s quite capable of rucking with a small break each quarter.
Cox wasn't dropped at any point last year, he was injured.

He hasn't been dropped since that stinker against Brisbane at the Gabba in early 2022.

He usually has a big game against the Dees as well. Despite being down on form, we really miss him right now. It wasn't that long ago he had a ripper game against Port Adelaide.

He hasn't been dropped since that stinker against Brisbane at the Gabba in early 2022.

He usually has a big game against the Dees as well. Despite being down on form, we really miss him right now. It wasn't that long ago he had a ripper game against Port Adelaide.
yes he was, late in the season he was dropped played 2 games in the vfl and was recalled when Cameron strained his back at training

according to the AFL website he was omitted from the round 21 game v Hawthorn.

1717551084451.png

It also helped he had almost 100 hitouts in two weeks at VFL level and played 3/4 of a game. You’re probably going to earn a recall when you’re easily the BOG two weeks in a row.
I wasn’t potting him, the initial comment I made was that Cameron rucked solo while cox was in the vfl last year so he’s shown he can do it as he will need to again this week. But I should know better than mentioning cox in a post.

Exactly C75. When Gawn goes off for a rest, Melbourne has no one of any real substance to replace him. Many Dees' supporters in their board are actually calling for Petty to be dropped, due to his lack of impact as a forward.
So they are no better equipped in the ruck than we are.
This game won't be decided there.
The good news is that Melbourne's midfield group are in horrible form, while our mids are in brilliant form (Crisp, Naicos), and in synergy with Darcy Cameron. Sullivan was great last week in supporting Naicos as well. The only issue I see for us to win this game is running it out in the final quarter. A 10 day break is just what we need.
Petty from Savior to Villain

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions on here. Sorry I don't have time to read and respond - we've got an important game coming up - it's all hands on deck atm - kind regards

View attachment 2010999

actually , thought you needed the advice after going with the Frampton playing forward garbage again

I’m more concerned about Gawn’s contested marking rather than his ruckwork specifically. Cox is the ideal matchup for him however the injury gods have seen to it that that won’t be the reality.

Exactly C75. When Gawn goes off for a rest, Melbourne has no one of any real substance to replace him. Many Dees' supporters in their board are actually calling for Petty to be dropped, due to his lack of impact as a forward.
So they are no better equipped in the ruck than we are.
This game won't be decided there.
The good news is that Melbourne's midfield group are in horrible form, while our mids are in brilliant form (Crisp, Naicos), and in synergy with Darcy Cameron. Sullivan was great last week in supporting Naicos as well. The only issue I see for us to win this game is running it out in the final quarter. A 10 day break is just what we need.

the issue with Melbourne's mids is that they are inside beasts and we are missing ours. if Melbourne wanted a game to get their guys into form this is it. Naicos and co will bust their backsides but like Friday night it's impossible to do it all for 4 quarters.

the issue with Melbourne's mids is that they are inside beasts and we are missing ours. if Melbourne wanted a game to get their guys into form this is it. Naicos and co will bust their backsides but like Friday night it's impossible to do it all for 4 quarters.
The issue with Melbourne, for Melbourne, is that they have been tucking ferrible for the last month or so. We will destroy them!

Yep, I’d do this too and have Josh go into the guts in Pendles absence.

Time for Double Daicos as on ballers.
On sen they were talking about how Doggies weren't even trying to stop Nick getting the clearance out on Friday, but rather the player he passed it on to. And the one after that.

Another Daicos is probably the next best thing to have in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue with Melbourne, for Melbourne, is that they have been tucking ferrible for the last month or so. We will destroy them!
This is exactly why we will be beaten.

We have a unique ability to drop to the level of another side and then get beaten with experience.

Assuming Reef and WHE return, are we sure Freddy will get a game? I'm not sure if we'll go with Freddy as second ruck. Im think we'd prefer Frampton as second ruck. Unless they throw Billy in the ruck from defence. either way, we'll still beat Melbourne
For mine , I'd bring in kreuger and mcinnes. WHE if available.
Frampton to move back and use Johnson as 2nd ruck to get him more involved.
Parker, Dean and Markov out

Can't dismiss the possibility the "beasts" were playing injured given how comprehensively they were beaten by Freo - who have no Beasts.

In my view:
In: Krueger, McInnes and WHE.
Out: Brytel, Johnson and Parker.
Frampton back to the backline.
Krueger to Ruck in the fwd 50 and rare but occasional support for Cameron.
Markov back to 1/2 back

Other options / considerations include Dean instead of Parker being omitted depending on the matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back