Autopsy Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

This reminds me of the Gold Coast game in 2016 that cost us a finals berth.

Just had to win it, didn't, missed by percentage.

Considering our draw from here it's going to be really tough.

The worst part of that game was it took the heat off Richo. Reckon if we lost that one, he would have been gone at the end of the year. DMac really did a number there.

Hows the may thing. 5 mins to go we change the match up.

Seriously pathetic.

After the 1st qtr we couldnt realise the bomb to king wasn't working?

Ratten seriosly needs some hard questions from lethers and rath.

If he can't get this side implementing a short possession game then we are wasting our time.
Exactly,comes season's end all that will have changed from Richo with a $million dollars worth of recruits is our percentage has got better

This reminds me of the Gold Coast game in 2016 that cost us a finals berth.

Just had to win it, didn't, missed by percentage.

Considering our draw from here it's going to be really tough.
It was like the boys were out for a Sunday outing that day. They couldn’t give a fat ****.

05onfire1_xp-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg

Playing the drafting hindsight game from 6 years ago is a bid sad not going to lie. What a thing to get hung up on.

Young inexperienced team, close losses are going to happen. Just hope we learn something from it and continue to improve.
North - Freo - Melbourne young team is no excuse
Geary Billings Membrey to be moved on

Think missing the finals might be a good thing. Coaches have sorted us out.

Let them stew on it for 6 months. Might give our coaching staff a chance to come up with plan B.

We need more quality midfielders.

What has happened to Jack Billings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King not ready. Seriously concerned about his marking. I have not seen concrete hands this bad since Maister. It's a problem.
Which is fine. Just don't play him in the seniors when we have finals to play for. He isn't up to it. Lost count the amount of times he easily gets pushed out of a contest. Was poor against Brisbane and backed it up with an equally shocking performance tonight. Get him out of the side.

Just hopeless all round mate. Been sick of King dropping marks he should take for weeks and many opportunities for him tonight and was absolutely demolished. That's fine, just don't play him if he isn't up to it. Clearly not offering us anything.

honestly, this is pretty pathetic to target a first year KPP.

as if this is the sole reason we lost.

Apalling decision making and pathetic delivery to our forwards. It was obvious St Kilda were going to bomb it to our key position players which made life easy for May. So instead of lowering our eyes we persist in kicking over king's head and to the top of the square where there was only Melbourne players. Too many players were loose on their opponents and a number of players are not doing enough and not just this week. And I am not just talking about our half forwards. Ball movement is too slow, poor kicking skills and handballs that simple don't hit targets. Our players get sucked into the contest while Melbourne's stay on the outside so it negates any spread and our run. Teams have worked out our desire to get shots close to goal. Time for our coaches to get creative and have a plan b and c

North - Freo - Melbourne young team is no excuse
Geary Billings Membrey to be moved on

Can we see if they will take Hill back as well. We'll give them Members and Hill for Goat's used towel.

honestly, this is pretty pathetic to target a first year KPP.

as if this is the sole reason we lost.
Who said it was the sole reason we lost?

Playing the drafting hindsight game from 6 years ago is a bid sad not going to lie. What a thing to get hung up on.

Young inexperienced team, close losses are going to happen. Just hope we learn something from it and continue to improve.

Agree on the draft call, we all need to move past that.

I hear where you’re coming from re young players and the level head you have is impressive although I feel if we are ever to be a long term successful sporting club we can not let losses like that slide and make excuses for them.

If we were playing a top 4 side then fair enough but that match was there for the taking and considering a finals spot was on the line the performance was just not acceptable.

There is a reason why we are the laughing stock of the league, witnesses it first hand tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back