Autopsy Round 14 2024 - GWS Giants v Port Adelaide, Sunday 16 June, 4.00 pm AEST @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

So we are 5th and nowhere near playing at our best.

That’s one hell of an upside if we can get it right.
Yup! If we were an ASX stock you would buy us. We are not playing well and are now just a win away from 2nd spot.

If Toby gets close to his 2023 All Australian form, the other teams Will certainly be quaking in their boots before the Giants!! 😛

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought with the weather and no track work we would get 10k :-(
Twilight Sunday game and it's not school holidays. :(

Would've liked to have seen the turnout on a Saturday but alas. The weather and trackwork last two games. Admittedly, if this was played yesterday it also would've been cold and rainy like the Bulldogs game.

Perhaps could've been closer to the 10k mark on a Saturday but I'll take this is the raw numbers would skew heavily Giants way.

Means we should hopefully easily crack the low teens for the Carlton game as that'll bring a larger opposition supporter base.

Congrats on the win (and to your socials folks who have set new standards). Loved the banner too**… the game, eh, not so much :( Have fun in September. First time I’ve visited Engie, well designed and a good place for viewing. Surprised the bars shut just after 3QT, long suffering Port supporters need those facilities late in the game ;)

**No idea why Hinkley still gets such a free ride from the AFL media after all this time, but that’s a discussion for a very long running thread over on our board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly was so good in that game, we've really missed him. He just has so much poise. The ability to pause or circle around to find space and relieve pressure in situations where most of our players would go for a risky handball or a dump kick. Simply invaluable.

My other takeaway from that game was the way the umpires did everything they possibly could to try and get Port back into it in that last quarter. Absolutely disgraceful. Couldn't have been more blatant if they tried. Luckily Port were too hopeless to take advantage.

Congrats on the win (and to your socials folks who have set new standards). Loved the banner too**… the game, eh, not so much :( Have fun in September. First time I’ve visited Engie, well designed and a good place for viewing. Surprised the bars shut just after 3QT, long suffering Port supporters need those facilities late in the game ;)

**No idea why Hinkley still gets such a free ride from the AFL media after all this time, but that’s a discussion for a very long running thread over on our board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Family club and families can’t afford $17 cans of mid-strength beer so they close early 🤣🤣

Well finally got back home.

Good second and third quarter energised otherwise dour game. Our kicking boots were missing thankfully, Port were equally inaccurate.

As I posted in another thread, I expected Bedford would play well. He tagged his opponent closely and negated. When Bedford kicked his goal, you could see the appreciation from the boys! Well done!

Callum Brown was immense. It's shame that we can't seem to find him regularly. He needs a breakout game like Amartey last night.

Taylor is elite obviously. The man is too tall, too athletic and skilful. Idun is a tall defender who plays 'short'. He was very good from my vantage points, I moved around.

The boys grinded out a win. Ugly win is still a win.

Negatives: Our inside 50s were horrible in the first half. And when we went in, Hogan and Toby missed sitters. The Swans won't be forgiving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 14 2024 - GWS Giants v Port Adelaide, Sunday 16 June, 4.00 pm AEST @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back