Autopsy Round 14, 2024 : Hawks skin Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrim on Cumberland

saints and sinners shut up GIF by Bounce

Best ladder position for us after 14 rounds in 6 years. We have basically the same age profile for our list as West Coast and Norf and we are so far ahead of both. Gotta love this club.

Good performance, great win.

Scrimshaw, Sicily, Weddle, Mass, Newcombe and Day were brilliant.

Mitchell needs to have a word with the Wiz and tell him to pull his head in and to settle himself. He has kicked something like 5.16 for the season, and that's not including the complete misses, OOTF's. His defensive efforts are elite, he just needs to settle down.

Few of our smalls need a conversation about set shots. Moore, Ginni, Wiz etc. have all gone snaps when they're 30 out directly in front.

Their work-rate is absolutely elite, and I'm sure the finishing will come.

Great to watch. this is the way, free flowing; fluid, backed up with good pressure around the ground in the first half. (I could only see the first half, but it was a joy seeing the Hawks move with purpose on the MCG!)

Happy to see the Wiz stuck at the task and snagged a goal. (set up a barbwire lane and have him run straight and kick 30 goals before home time on Tuesday night!

Go Hawks! Have a Beer!

Team needs to get an internal fine system towards the bar at end of season if you go for the around the corner kick and don’t make the distance. Does my head in.
If u are that thick to think around the corner is an option when u have a straight kick, something is wrong upstairs

Positives:
  • our midfield was absolute fire today. Our future is set with Day, Weddle, Newcombe and Worpel in the trenches.
  • Chol lifted as the game progressed and love that he got one over his old side.
  • Sicily's skill kicking out of half back was absolute cream. Was a great captain's performance and cleaned up everything in the backline.
  • Scrimshaw. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • Dylan Moore arguably was our most dangerous small, was class everytime he got his hands on the ball.
Negatives:
  • Watson's finishing. His attack on the footy was great but really needs to touch up on his end product.
  • We could have scored more if I'm being really picky so guys like Gunston and Ginnivan need to lift in future games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick perusal of the Tigers game day thread also - the vitriol coming Wiz’s way was amazing. I can’t wait until he and Ginnivan are living rent free in oppo supporter’s heads each and every week.

I'm watching Riewoldt interviewing Dusty and it's gone on so long I'm shouting at the screen "Take it to the Richmond board"

I don't mind the moment, Dusty is a champ and means everything to the Tiges faithful. But far out it was about 3 questions too many, just let the bloke go and enjoy it instead of trying to force him to think of something else to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back