Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to not see the coaches wanting to bring Watson in to play in front of a big crowd and find his feet but no one really deserves to make way.

Nah, he hasn't. Dusty is obviously a legend of the game and his finals performances alone are all the evidence you'd ever need.

You sure love to unfairly hate on some all-time great players, Naicos, Goodes, GAJ, Dusty to name a few. Edit: should add Danger to that list too.

But will go into bat for Nash any time someone here says something negative about him. I like Nash - but weird sacred cow to have when you are hating on players who are absolute guns.

Lynch is a worry, he's always been a bad match up for us.
Unless Balta is forward then Lynch will be operating solo apart from a resting ruckman if the Tigers have one.
A defensive unit should be able to limit his jump at the ball on the majority of occasions.

Just rewatched the highlights of Lynch kicking 8 on us in round 22, 2022, here's a breakdown of who they were against:
Blanck x 3
Jeka x 1
No one within 10 metres x 1
DGB x 2
Sicily x 1

Tigers still had finals to play for and we were clearly in experimentation mode. Lynch didn't play last year against us. Going back further than that there's been enough list turnover and development that I'm not sure it's still super relevant.

Having Lynch will make them much better structurally as any key forward of his ilk does, but it's not like he is some kind of bogeyman we have no answer for...Frosty will be more than enough, especially the 2024 version.

Nah, he hasn't. Dusty is obviously a legend of the game and his finals performances alone are all the evidence you'd ever need.

You sure love to unfairly hate on some all-time great players, Naicos, Goodes, GAJ, Dusty to name a few. Edit: should add Danger to that list too.

The players you’ve named are all just overrated media favourites, except for Naicos, he’s a real star.

The players you’ve named are all just overrated media favourites, except for Naicos, he’s a real star.

Do you have a fetish for logging in here and saying stuff that is just painstakingly incorrect? You do it so frequently it feels like you are deriving some sort of joy from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just rewatched the highlights of Lynch kicking 8 on us in round 22, 2022, here's a breakdown of who they were against:
Blanck x 3
Jeka x 1
No one within 10 metres x 1
DGB x 2
Sicily x 1

Tigers still had finals to play for and we were clearly in experimentation mode. Lynch didn't play last year against us. Going back further than that there's been enough list turnover and development that I'm not sure it's still super relevant.

Having Lynch will make them much better structurally as any key forward of his ilk does, but it's not like he is some kind of bogeyman we have no answer for...Frosty will be more than enough, especially the 2024 version.
I think Sicily played the first 3 quarters in the midfield too, so wasn't even back there to direct or support a very green key defensive line up.

But will go into bat for Nash any time someone here says something negative about him. I like Nash - but weird sacred cow to have when you are hating on players who are absolute guns.
Probably not as weird as “hating on” the club you support and using pet names for opposition players, to be fair.

If we turn up from the start Saturday we should win by 6 goals+.
They are 2-11 for a reason.

Dusty looks like he doesn’t care about 300 at all, it’s a media build up and it’s for the fans.

Take their horrible fan base out of it early and they’ll start to eat their own as only they can.

Think we find a way to get Watson in, stiff for whomever misses.
Meek for Noodle.

Hawks by 52 points Weddle best player on the ground.

Now ALL-TICKET

Members with GA entitlement can now be screwed over for an extra fee.

NO GENERAL ADMISSION ENTRY FOR MEMBERS FOR THIS GAME WITHOUT PAYING A FEE ON TOP OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP.

Disgraceful.

Double-dipping at it's finest.
It’s an away game.

Meh.

I get it. If Dusty jams through a couple of early ones, the joint will be heaving. Will be hard for a young side to cope with that sort of pressure.
It's going to be such a fantastic challenge for them. Finals like atmosphere. I'm backing our team to handle the pressure. I think they are just mature enough.

Should be fascinating.

You mean replacement games?

Members who take the 'Home and Away' option mate.

Gives entry to ALL hawthorn games played in Melbourne.

I bought it to avoid exactly this situation tbh.

I've already paid, I don't see why I should pony up another $14.50 per ticket for me and my partner.

Dusty looks like he doesn’t care about 300 at all, it’s a media build up and it’s for the fans.
Even if that is the case, he is a proven big game performer. We should be concerned that him playing in front of 85k+ could conceivably draw out his best footy. And even if it doesn't do anything for him personally, his teammates should still be pretty pumped up for the occasion and will draw energy from a big Richmond crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back