Preview Round 16, 2024: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 30 June 2024 (Sun), 4:40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand the fear. As there is no trust yet. This team is still earning our trust as supporters. So I am going to take a leap of faith for the rest of u and say they won't let us down they have got a taste of winning. They won't want to give it up that easily. They have been on the other side and the like where they are now. Onwards and upwards as the Hawks win out to further build that trust with its supporter base

I understand the fear. As there is no trust yet. This team is still earning our trust as supporters. So I am going to take a leap of faith for the rest of u and say they won't let us down they have got a taste of winning. They won't want to give it up that easily. They have been on the other side and the like where they are now. Onwards and upwards as the Hawks win out to further build that trust with its supporter base
I'm with TFP

Agree. I actually reckon it runs deeper than that. They believe they've found a way to consistently win games if they stick to a certain way of playing. You can see the confidence in each other in the way they play.

Agree. I actually reckon it runs deeper than that. They believe they've found a way to consistently win games if they stick to a certain way of playing. You can see the confidence in each other in the way they play.
The most important thing is that they love playing football together. They enjoy each other doing well and they are really getting to know each others game. I am sure they must chomping at the bit to get out there and do it again

Fear the Dear.

why would Chad get a game when he was injured last week and is a test. A few others banging on the door at BH: Mitchell, Ward, Fin, Morrison, Serong, Hustwaite, Bennetts to name a few. The popular narrative is Ryan because he played well on Reid in a junior game.....

I suspect no change TBH.
Great suggestion. Play those that are fit and firing. Not based on previous deeds. Earn your spot peoples.

Fear the Dear.

You can’t drop Dear for Lewis, Dear being dropped is like Lewis for Chol , both as tall forwards offer tacking pressure, both can’t be dropped for him it’s Gunston or BH

Maybe we should bring Ward back also and drop someone to make way for him.

This is the 1st time they’ve been at full strength in nearly 2 years- I wouldn’t be taking them lightly
The boys are always giving it their all but this a game that’s 100% decided by how we play.

We play well we win it’s as simple as that. We aren’t quite right then it opens the door for them to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Makes sense. Sam doesn't see this as a development year, he wants to win - no chance we go into any of the last games without either Lewis or Gunston purely based on the need for someone who knows how we want to play up forward. People forgetting that he was seen as a future leader and will be absolutely necessary for pointing Dear in the right direction.

This is going to be a good test of how we'll fair in the upcoming gauntlet and how hard we'll genuinely challenge for finals.

WCE aren't pushovers. They're going to have basically their best side out there for the first time in two years, and have a habit of demolishing unprepared teams on their home deck (Freo, Melb).

We're a young team coming off a bye which has been tricky for a few sides. Additionally, we haven't won interstate in more than two years (Round 2, 2022 was the last time).

This is the type of game we would have dropped last year. Win it and I would go into the next few weeks confident.

Makes sense. Sam doesn't see this as a development year, he wants to win - no chance we go into any of the last games without either Lewis or Gunston purely based on the need for someone who knows how we want to play up forward. People forgetting that he was seen as a future leader and will be absolutely necessary for pointing Dear in the right direction.
People forget he’s in our leadership group and forward of centre him and Moore are the main leaders, he’s probably even more vocal than the rest and he is a tremendous leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back