Toast Round 14: Carlton 48-72 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win in the end

Was annoyed with our ball use out of defence late when they were going for a final surge, but once we got it past half back we got some nice angles forward of centre.

Stephenson can be frustrating but he had 6 clear shots at goal and kicked 2.

I think we are starting to build a nice half back and back pockets, with Crisp,Maynard,Quaynor and Noble good in that role with Moore as CHB

Still a long way to go and too many passengers overall, but Carlton fan were trying to conjure an 80s arrogance vibe if they won. Complete fake arrogance, but we shut that crap down well.

Will happily eat humble pie with Thomas. A good game, I’ve called for him to be dropped and on form he should have but stuck it up today

Alot of us would be in the same boat. Hopefully it kicks starts his form approaching finals. WHE needs to find the same form ASAP!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas was awesome. 9 score nvolvements... He is a jet with the right space.
I don't think it's a coincidence that Thomas found some form in the same match as Cox returned. Cox draws opponents and creates space; at our best in 2018 were used the smalls that were in that space. Long way to go, but shades of that today. At other times Thomas positioned himself well at Cox's feet.

Have to live the win, but why oh why didn’t Tyler Brown take that clear shot one his left foot in the last few minutes? I nearly choked on my food.
It had me confused and thinking we were inside our defensive 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 14: Carlton 48-72 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back