Trades Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have English and Preuss as rucks and need to trade Gawn to someone.
I was going to put English forward but thought I might leave him as a ruck now Gawn has gone down.

This is my team..

View attachment 1425961

Thinking

Owens to Bont
Gawn to Strndica
Clark/Hamilton to Teakle
McDonald to Stewart
with all of those trades, you'll have what, 19 or 20 on field this week?

I think you can afford to take Teakle at R3, even though you won't get his score

I just really think Strnadica as a RUCK only, and somebody who is not playing (and probably won't play any time soon), will really hurt you in future

You might want to grab a RUCK premo down the line (Darcy, Witts, Gawn again, etc) and it'll be easier with Teakle at R3/English at F1

You're better off taking a punt on Angwin (DEF/MID), Bazzo (DEF/FWD) or D'Ambrossio (DEF)

1655430764166.png

20 green dots this week

I certainly agree - get these actual premos in and throw away the keys :D

Also, we tend to agree too much - but, viewing excitement is also important to me!
Hence, I've locked in Jezza for Brodie (too early I know, but it's now or never)
It’s funny we both don’t mind a risk and get drawn to the same kind of PODs in recent years!

GL with Jezza. Cats have a heap of home games against teams they’ll thrash. Could be massive POD.

It’s funny we both don’t mind a risk and get drawn to the same kind of PODs in recent years!

GL with Jezza. Cats have a heap of home games against teams they’ll thrash. Could be massive POD.
brothers GIF

BF SC brothers!

Need some advice kenties.

Am bringing in Stewart and Teakle but stuck with my 3rd trade.

Shoiuld I bring in Himmelberg or dare I say it Roughy Preuss or Heeney back in?

Just worried that Himmelberg is going to be playing at CHF due to being named there this week.

$484k to play with.

View attachment 1425813
Tough decision. You can't risk Preuss. Has played 6 matches in 13 rounds. IMO Himmelberg is taking over Cumming's role with Cumming moving further up the ground, but I'm not McVeigh. If you have doubts there are a couple of budget Cats, with defined roles and previous premium scoring, but not this year. Hawkins and Duncan have an easy draw and Cats are going well. Eagles this week and finish round 23 with Eagles at GMHBA.

Tough decision. You can't risk Preuss. Has played 6 matches in 13 rounds. IMO Himmelberg is taking over Cumming's role with Cumming moving further up the ground, but I'm not McVeigh. If you have doubts there are a couple of budget Cats, with defined roles and previous premium scoring, but not this year. Hawkins and Duncan have an easy draw and Cats are going well. Eagles this week and finish round 23 with Eagles at GMHBA.

Is the Preuss risk worth it now though with English and Teakle as cover?

Hope all these people trading in Bont are aware he's playing hurt, basically how Cripps was going last year. He is extremely banged up and has an ankle and shoulder issue.

I'm staying right away from him.
Playing hurt, but still scoring like this:

Screenshot_20220617-125544_SuperCoach.jpg

As long as he's on the field, he's good enough for me

Currently snagged on Stewart vs Sinclair for last defender.

Feel like Sinclair is at the top of his value but he has been so damn reliable this year. Stewart a bit more exxy and slightly more risk reward - but an absolute SC king.

Currently snagged on Stewart vs Sinclair for last defender.

Feel like Sinclair is at the top of his value but he has been so damn reliable this year. Stewart a bit more exxy and slightly more risk reward - but an absolute SC king.
Stewart has the same consistency of Sinclair but has shown a ceiling he hasn’t had in previous years with those 174 and 187 games. I’d pick Stewart

Looking at going Gawn > English, Hayes > Teakle and Rosas > Himmelberg

Don't really want to trade Rosas when he has a breakeven of 1 and has more cash to make but it's either him or McComb to bring in Himmelberg and I need McComb for mid bench cover with Owens out injured and Clark dropped.

Leaves me with just 5 trades but I pretty much have a complete team with decent bench cover so I only need those last 5 trades for long term injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at trading Gawn, Daicos and Petracca to HH, Stewart and Guthrie. Geelongs draw is looking good.
Guthrie doesn’t score as well when danger plays doesn’t he?
Danger back next week

I’m not sure how much better Guthrie scores then trac the rest of the year even with the easy draw

Hey SC family!

I'm freaking out and need help - I'm ranked in the 300s, and never been so high before at this stage... with 13 trades in hand...

I've got 20 playing on field, so don't have to make any move this week - but can't help be feel I should be trying to capitalise? Photos attached.

Himmelberg I'm iffy on - but have the trades to chance him, and worse case he makes fast coin?
Would love to bring Bont into forward line - but at who's expense?
Laird feels essential - and I've got sideways to do it before he goes nuts against GCS...
Maybe go early to Hayes to Teckle give he's playing and to open up money there...

Help guys - I'm freaking out, but in a good way? I have no idea...
Personally I would go Hayes to Teakle for the cash

Then look to upgrade Butters to a Dog. Treloar or Bont.

Is the Preuss risk worth it now though with English and Teakle as cover?
If you had sufficient trades yes, but in your case no. McVeigh's opinion of Preuss is ambiguous so he could be dropped in future, even if fit. You are already sub par with McCartin as F6. Discounting Teakle, if Preuss misses then McCartin is now F5 and Jeffrey F6 for the week(s). Not nice! Hawkins, or HH, could easily get on a roll and help you win H to H's or rise in the ranks.

If you had sufficient trades yes, but in your case no. McVeigh's opinion of Preuss is ambiguous so he could be dropped in future, even if fit. You are already sub par with McCartin as F6. Discounting Teakle, if Preuss misses then McCartin is now F5 and Jeffrey F6 for the week(s). Not nice! Hawkins, or HH, could easily get on a roll and help you win H to H's or rise in the ranks.

Will HH keep playing in defence though?

Being named at CHF with Hayes back and Davis still to come back in scares me!

Hey SC family!

I'm freaking out and need help - I'm ranked in the 300s, and never been so high before at this stage... with 13 trades in hand...

I've got 20 playing on field, so don't have to make any move this week - but can't help be feel I should be trying to capitalise? Photos attached.

Himmelberg I'm iffy on - but have the trades to chance him, and worse case he makes fast coin?
Would love to bring Bont into forward line - but at who's expense?
Laird feels essential - and I've got sideways to do it before he goes nuts against GCS...
Maybe go early to Hayes to Teckle give he's playing and to open up money there...

Help guys - I'm freaking out, but in a good way? I have no idea...
I would go Clark > Teakle by moving Parker into your mids and then next week you can move MRJ there.

Gives you DPP with English and another player on field in case he goes big. Good luck!

I would go Clark > Teakle by moving Parker into your mids and then next week you can move MRJ there.

Gives you DPP with English and another player on field in case he goes big. Good luck!
Oh plus gives you DPP link between forwards and mids. If you need Hayes money I would wait until a good forward rookie comes on the bubble to trade (potentially Judson Clarke next week)

I’ve looked at it. The other trade scenario had me holding Petracca (No Laird or Mills) and going with Himmelberg F6 and Whitfield D6 and a completed side.

As much as I’m tempted by HH, I’m very wary of Haynes and Davis returning down back. Coach pencil neck comments on HH didn’t give much confidence either. He might play a little more in that defense role but I feel he’ll get pushed back forward to suit the side and we know his scores are s**t there. Whitfield isn’t a bad option but again I’m wary in comments he made on his ankle. It’s still bothering him and will have to have surgery at some point. Soon as GWS are out of contention they may shelve him asap for surgery/recovery and ready for next PS. If you’ve got trades up your sleeve HH is absolutely a worthy punt because he’ll make cash and you could flip him if he bombs. I don’t have that luxury so whoever I bring in now, I’m stuck with for the remainder of the year. Gotta make sure they’re A graders at this point. Too many ?? marks on both GWS boys.

At the end of the day it comes down to onfield:

Laird Mills Wehr(D6) v
Petracca HH Whitfield

Getting two gun mids (both PODs) adds a bit of extra viewing excitement for me (which I need) so I’m gonna ride with 21 solid players and a rookie for a while I think. Let’s hope they click!
I have the exact same thinking mate however I got HH last week at 350k for Clark. Have petracca and De Goey, who I want to get rid of so decided this week to trade Gawn to Parker, Petracca to Laird and Carroll to D'Ambrosio early. Next week downgrade JDG to a rookie such as Clarke, or whoever MID or FWD, and then have 400k, 8 trades and a lineup of

Sicily, Hewett, Short, Dawson, Dale, Wehr/D'Ambrosio

Neale, Laird, Mills, Macrae, Touk, Parish, Cripps, Crisp

English, Darcy

Dunks, Parker, Brodie, Cogs, Butters, HH

Then once Wehr maxs out, downgrade Hough or Rioli or someone to a basement, and upgrade Wehr to Oliver. Leaving me with 6 trades and a fully premo team, with the luxury of maybe upgrading Short to a Stewart, and HH/Butters to a Bont/Gawn (once back) if trades left

Bont (mid)/English (fwd) or Bont (fwd)/Laird (mid)?
Will you have DPP links in both scenarios? Could be handy towards the end of the season. Personally I would think that Laird and English average about the same from here but Laird more consistently.

Will HH keep playing in defence though?

Being named at CHF with Hayes back and Davis still to come back in scares me!
he's been named at CHF every single week (the last 3 since he's been moved back)

agree that Haynes back is the scare factor, but Preuss came in (so Flynn plays forward)

Also Idun can play forward (did it for a few matches this year)

Davis is not an issue for Himmelberg, he'll take Keeffe's spot probably

They just seem way too tall in general, up forward and down back, no clue what they're doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back