Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sharp is named (giving me 18 players), I think I'll trade Steele to Anderson.

If Sharp isn't name, I think I'll do Sharp to Fyfe and Steele to Jezza Cameron.

Both options leave me with enough cash to turn Briggs into DCameron next week.

If Sharp is named (giving me 18 players), I think I'll trade Steele to Anderson.

I get that Briggs is on his bye and is a rookie, but unless Flynn comes back, how much do you see DCam and Briggs averaging for the rest of the year. Last 3 rounds (ignoring DCam's first back of 61) he's averaging 92 and Briggs 116.

Other than R15, I'm just not sure spending cash to go from a 3 round average of 92 over a 3 round average of 116 makes sense...

I get that Briggs is on his bye and is a rookie, but unless Flynn comes back, how much do you see DCam and Briggs averaging for the rest of the year. Last 3 rounds (ignoring DCam's first back of 61) he's averaging 92 and Briggs 116.

Other than R15, I'm just not sure spending cash to go from a 3 round average of 92 over a 3 round average of 116 makes sense...

I'd guess Briggs is R3 and his points not counting to his score while D Cameron is DP and can be swung from the forward line into the ruck via a Madden etc if R1 or R2 are injured. That would give stevebbb some versatility when he eventually runs out of trades which could be pretty soon as I believe he is a student at the Judd_Magic college of trading-your-ass-off.

I'd guess Briggs is R3 and his points not counting to his score while D Cameron is DP and can be swung from the forward line into the ruck via a Madden etc if R1 or R2 are injured. That would give stevebbb some versatility when he eventually runs out of trades which could be pretty soon as I believe he is a student at the Judd_Magic college of trading your ass off.

Of course! I forget that some people have a decent ruck line, unlike me!

Steele is a big problem. If the bye didn't fix his knee issue, playing won't fix it. With 7 trades left and just $77k in the bank, I don't think I can fix him. Also because I'm currently looking at 17 scores this week, so if I did drop a trade, it would be to get 18 scores. No clue what to do. I'll either hold and cop a donut (2 if Steele is out/late out) or go ham and trade like crazy.
Same problem for me, Steele is a massive headache. Could derail my whole season.

I got lots of trades, lots of options and lots of problems. If Sicily's suspension sticks, I might blow up my team and try to rescue Round 15 where I'm all kinds of ****ed with something bold like:

Sicily -> L Ryan
Sheezel -> Melican
Callaghan -> Neale
Weddle -> Jezza

Should give three extra bodies for Round 15.

1686708823767.png

Next week grab DCameron and a rook (Maric or Harrison).

I like the look of Tarryn Thomas but Rnd 15 bye is in such disarray I can't justify it, so maybe will hope Ford stays somewhere near him in price and re-look in Round 16.

Briggs is at R3. Extra scores in round 15 will sky rocket teams.

Totally get where you're coming from though.

Of course! I forget that some people have a decent ruck line, unlike me!
I actually have Gawn (not English). So keeping Briggs makes sense. But that damn round 15 bye. Also if Flynn was to return, even in a ruck duo role, Briggs would suffer, and I won't have trades to fix it down the track. Gawn has been scoring consistently again. I think he and Grundy have their combo sorted now and playing well.

Maybe we ll get lucky on Sharp

Screenshot_20230614-123346.png

Maybe we ll get lucky on Sharp

View attachment 1712389
Zorko returns for sure. So that's a simple in for Luggage.

Then there's Rich, Prior and Coleman with question marks. Rich subbed out, is he sore (not mentioned on their injury report)? Does Prior survive after getting 6 touches in a loss? Does Coleman come back in the 22?

I'm not confident...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’m flicking the team around to get it back close to how I want it but it’s can’t be done completely as players get stuck.

For example it has put my 3 mid/def all in backline.

It has moved SMitch from backline to forward line and I don’t even have another def/fwd 😂

It must have moved fwd/mids into the mids to create those spaces.

Trade out a mid - any mid.

Hit the S button on a def/mid to put them in the mids, and create a space in the backs.

Hit the S button next to Seamus, it'll move him into the backs, and create a space in the forwards.

Hit the S button on Roberts or Davey or whoever you have on your mid bench with fwd DPP.

Trade in any random mid. Complete the trade.

Now, with another trade, trade the guy you just traded in, to the mid you traded out at the start of the process.

You'll get the trades back, but the players will stay rearranged as you desire.

Hope this helps

Steele is a big problem. If the bye didn't fix his knee issue, playing won't fix it. With 7 trades left and just $77k in the bank, I don't think I can fix him. Also because I'm currently looking at 17 scores this week, so if I did drop a trade, it would be to get 18 scores. No clue what to do. I'll either hold and cop a donut (2 if Steele is out/late out) or go ham and trade like crazy.

Same problem for me, Steele is a massive headache. Could derail my whole season.

Same here, i think im going to hold him through byes and then move him onto Mills

Should hopefully be roughly the same price with the 4 in Mills' rotation for the next 2 weeks once his back (could drop close to $400k). He could be back as early as this week

Don't have the luxury to trade him this week unfortunately

Midprice madness

View attachment 1712408

My team looks almost complete with these trades: Yeo at D6, Keays at F6, and TT as a floating M9-F7.

What could possibly go wrong?
eric cartman nothing GIF by South Park

Only need 1 forward upgrade to complete my team next week....(and have been super aggressive with only 5 trades left).

Problem is, all the good forward targets have a bye. Current forwards are Dunkley, Taranto, Coniglio, Ziebell and Sheezel..so not sure who to target given I reckon the best options are:

1. Butters
2. Macrae
3. Daniel
4. Rozee

I could wait an extra week and get Butters but I am mostly aiming for overall and I only have 16 next week so getting a premo a week early will make about 100 points of difference. Would Butters outscore said premo by 100 points over the remaining 9 weeks (11 point average)?

Feels like the best alternatives are Gulden, S.Bolton, J.Cameron, D.Cameron

What would you do?

Also, final mid upgrade...

would people wait for Laird next week or go Serong this week?

Overall is the main focus - no donuts this week regardless.

In short, is Laird better than Serong enough to get 1 extra rookie score instead of a premo score?
Serong off at training today with a niggle.

Laird more proven than Serong. Probably wait if you can.

Also, final mid upgrade...

would people wait for Laird next week or go Serong this week?

Overall is the main focus - no donuts this week regardless.

In short, is Laird better than Serong enough to get 1 extra rookie score instead of a premo score?
Laird without question.

Hitting his straps at the right time and underpriced for what he is capable of.

Only need 1 forward upgrade to complete my team next week....(and have been super aggressive with only 5 trades left).

Problem is, all the good forward targets have a bye. Current forwards are Dunkley, Taranto, Coniglio, Ziebell and Sheezel..so not sure who to target given I reckon the best options are:

1. Butters
2. Macrae
3. Daniel
4. Rozee

I could wait an extra week and get Butters but I am mostly aiming for overall and I only have 16 next week so getting a premo a week early will make about 100 points of difference. Would Butters outscore said premo by 100 points over the remaining 9 weeks (11 point average)?

Feels like the best alternatives are Gulden, S.Bolton, J.Cameron, D.Cameron

What would you do?
Nick Martin M/F 531K

Great call. 3 round average of 130 now playing in the midfield.

We have a number of mids to return in coming weeks but cannot see any of them displacing Martin. No one in our team uses the footy like him.

Parish / Sheil may push him back out to the wing. I can't see Martin sustaining a 130 average.

I got trade happy early in the season and now I'm paying for it.

8 trades left before this week.

Going to go
Van Rooyen to Himmelberg (F6)
Davey to Sinn as I need the cash

Then next week Sicily to Oliver, Himmelberg going back, Dunkley going forward.

Will leave me with:
Def: Dawson, Daicos, Stewart, Doch, Sinclair and Himmelberg
Mid: Oliver, Bont, Laird, Serong, Neale, Green, Steele, Wardlaw
Ruck: Marshall, Briggs
Fwd: Dunkey, Macrae, Rozee, Gulden, Cogs, DCam

Will need two further trades eventually to cut Ford (F7) and upgrade Wardlaw to a fallen premo.

I'm banking on keeping briggs and hope for no LTI's with 3 trades.

No point in my saving my trades, my season is shot already and need to win to make finals in my cash leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back