Unofficial Preview Round 14 vs. North Melbourne, Marvel, 1:00pm Sunday 16/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that frampton can ruck is probably more so why they are playing him forward

I'd love to know how many ruck contests he was in against Melbourne because he only won the 1 hitout.

Funnily enough after defence I feel the next best position for Frampton is as a No.1 ruck and a distant 3rd is forward/ruck.

Between rounds 5 to 8 last year he actually put up some decent displays when Cameron and Cox were both absent.

I'd love to know how many ruck contests he was in against Melbourne because he only won the 1 hitout.

Funnily enough after defence I feel the next best position for Frampton is as a No.1 ruck and a distant 3rd is forward/ruck.

Between rounds 5 to 8 last year he actually put up some decent displays when Cameron and Cox were both absent.
I barely saw him in the ruck - reckon Cameron did more of it. Krueger took a few too.

Begs the question, why are we losing him in defence we he plays well, if he's not really servicing us as a ruck or a forward.

I barely saw him in the ruck - reckon Cameron did more of it. Krueger took a few too.

Begs the question, why are we losing him in defence we he plays well, if he's not really servicing us as a ruck or a forward.
Our backline has been incredible over recent weeks. I don't think we're losing too much at the moment. His size and physicality up forward as a down the line target (to replace Cox) is helpful

They (barely) beat the second worst team in the comp when they were absent the player who has been their main shining light this year.

Colour me skeptical. If anything it’s a let-down spot for them.

We haven’t been very good at burying cellar-dwelling sides since our 2010-11 era team. We’ve had some truly horrible losses and numerous unconvincing last-gasp wins against a variety of sides that we should have beaten very easily. It’s as though we turn up just expecting to win, rather than focused on actually making it happen.

I feel much more confident when we are underdogs or at least expected to be challenged. I’m most nervous when we are heavy favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As the season progresses, will we see a Dean, Howe, Moore & Frampton defence?
Don't think so. Three of these, not all 4. I think we like Dean in the Murphy role and if he can show form, I'd not be surprised if he gets the nod ahead of Frampton, already did to start the year.

Frampton is pretty good one on one and intercepting in defence, his weakness though is team defence ie. flexibility and covering for others and this is our game. It's why Murphy was preferred and why I don't think Frampton will be a long term first choice, whether he's replaced by Dean or a new recruit.

I'd like to know what size crowds North has played infront of so far this season.
I'd be surprised if they sold out Marvel Stadium yet. Maybe the Bombers game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frampton credited with 15 ruck contests, Krueger 11.

Just listened to Comben on SEN champ

Larkey said something similar yesterday on triple m

Look, you guys are the reigning premiers and we are games clear last on the ladder, so in theory talk of a win for north sounds silly

BUT - some people like to focus on the the reasons for hope. I am one of those people and strangely go to the game confident of at least a competitive performance

- injuries: you guys have been decimated. If we had your injury list I’d say we’d just forfeit. It’s unbelievable how you have won games considering the players missing
  • de goey always kills us
  • miocheck is the type of player we’ve struggled to contain - though our backline is getting much better week on week
  • Mitchell, Elliot, pendles, etc it’s a shocking list

We, on the other hand have a strangely healthy list apart from long termers

- bye vs no bye

It wasn’t a surprise to me we played well last week. Yes, we only just beat west coast, but the reason it was close was more to do with us not knowing how to win. We were 33 points up 5 mins into the last which reflected the game. The bye was much needed and the results showed.

Despite an easy win against the dees, how also looked like they needed the bye, I think the Collingwood players would be looking forward to a week off particularly given the aforementioned injury run.

- marvel: we play better at marvel, you play worse

- historically good match up: just seems as crap as we’ve been the last 4 years, we’ve played well against the pies most times. LDU and larkey in particular have had good returns, both are getting into good form

All in all, a win is probably too much to ask for given if we do manage to get into a winning position, you’ll be confident of coming back and winning and we’ll be confident of shitting the bed and grasping a loss from the jaws of victory. But a non competitive performance will be a real kick in the guts.

Damn, more injury woes, now Markov I’m guessing won’t play with his back injury. Guessing TJ will play, looking forward to see how he goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back