Unofficial Preview Round 14 vs. North Melbourne, Marvel, 1:00pm Sunday 16/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will this game be Brayden Maynard’s 200th?

Interesting. I thought he was okay today, may have missed a few things based on this?
Absolute butcher of the highest order.
In the 3rd, Freddy gave him beautiful lead. Absolute corridor. Markov was tearing through the centre. Simply had to steady and give him a dinky little 20 m kick. He, dead set, kicked it 2 metres over Fred’s head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute butcher of the highest order.
In the 3rd, Freddy gave him beautiful lead. Absolute corridor. Markov was tearing through the centre. Simply had to steady and give him a dinky little 20 m kick. He, dead set, kicked it 2 metres over Fred’s head.
It was a poor turnover. One. Noble had six last week and was in contention for the BOG cup today one week later. Are you seriously focusing on one error? How about DC's turnover at the start of the third which led directly to Van Rooyen's third goal? Shooter turned it over in the middle after winning a free from a magnificent tackle and cost us a goal I believe. Quaynor must have turned it over three or four times today. Macrae missed a leading Frampton which also would've been a shot on goal minutes after DC's turnover.

I'm sure there were many more.

I’d like to see Allan play again, against North.

Markov was terrible until coming to life late in the game. Sullivan was solid but might need a refresh. Fin had 13 disposals in H1 but only 3 in H2, continuing his pattern of fade-outs. Noble was again an equal mix of brilliant and awful.

I’d be happy enough of any of that quartet, or Bytel, to come out to give Allan another go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What is this fixation with experimentation when every game is crucial, and no win guaranteed? North will not be easy beats. We will have to win the game and not just turn up!

When will people understand that the Noble package comes with turnovers and mistakes? If a player is going to have the role of being an aggressive, attacking defender with a license to run and rampage then mistakes will be made. You cannot have your cake and eat it. If you want a Mayne style defender who stops, props and chips twenty metres sideways and has a 100% effective disposal rate then you are living in the wrong era.

I thought Noble was sensational today. How anyone can bag that bloke is a mystery to me. He leaves his heart and soul out on that ground every week. How about focusing on the countless attacking moves he set up with his run and carry and gut busting fitness levels?

Sullivan needs a refresh? And who pray tell will step into the breech to replace him? He has been a very good support to Dacios and Crisp when he goes into the middle and rarely wastes a possession. He is going along very nicely.

Allan can have another go when he earns it by playing with a little more passion and grit. That is our DNA and the reason AJ is not a part of our team going forward. It seems having a red hot dip is a non-negotiable at Collingwood. Ed seems to be in cruise mode most of the time when I watch him.

I don't think we'll make any changes unless someone pulls up sore. Could be a discussion around Bytel's spot as sub(Allan, Parker maybe?) but that's about it. Oleg wasn't amazing, but was better in the 2nd half.

Would not debut Demattia just yet, let him build his form a bit more, another month in the VFL at least.

It was a poor turnover. One. Noble had six last week and was in contention for the BOG cup today one week later. Are you seriously focusing on one error? How about DC's turnover at the start of the third which led directly to Van Rooyen's third goal? Shooter turned it over in the middle after winning a free from a magnificent tackle and cost us a goal I believe. Quaynor must have turned it over three or four times today. Macrae missed a leading Frampton which also would've been a shot on goal minutes after DC's turnover.

I'm sure there were many more.
It was his worst error. He had others. When players become available, Ollie can’t be relying on that type of junk.
Noble’s game last week was an aberration for this year. Noble has been far better than Markov this year.
Next game against the Roos is huge. Roos will be keen to go and fringe players like Sullivan, McCrae, Markov, Bytel will be under huge pressure to perform.

No need to rest any players next week. That's what the bye the week after is for.

Keep the same team, don't take North too lightly, go hard for the win, and then put the feet up and reassess with whoever is available after the bye.

It was his worst error. He had others. When players become available, Ollie can’t be relying on that type of junk.
Noble’s game last week was an aberration for this year. Noble has been far better than Markov this year.
Next game against the Roos is huge. Roos will be keen to go and fringe players like Sullivan, McCrae, Markov, Bytel will be under huge pressure to perform.
I can't recall any other mistakes that were memorable. I know there were many turnovers by hand and foot. When we are (if) at full strength he may well be out but his run and energy is a valuable asset.

Naicos will play and insist on it I reckon.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unless he's injured, they're not going to rest him a week before the bye when our midfield is already so depleted. Particularly when we need to boost our percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back