Preview Round 15: Essendon Bombers vs West Coast Eagles - Marvel Stadium - Sunday 23rd June - 1:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree, but I am also doubtful we have the capability to do it. We have shown we struggle against shit sides.

"without Reid".

Relax my man, he isn't Chriss Judd rofl. Why you acting like he is carrying the eagles and he is a big out?

Kelly is in doubt for them as well. Which is the biggie for their midfield.

But they’re likely to have Oscar Allen available so their forward line will be pretty potent.

Draper is good to go against WCE. Leave Todd out for an extended rest to get over his blockbuster fatigue.
this raises an interesting question, we've heard through the media about McKay now having played in more wins at Essendon than he did in his 7 yr career at Norf.... The question now is at what point dose Goldy surpass the total attendee figures he played in front of at the Kangas(assuming McKay has already)... you would assume it would be soon considering all he has played in front of for the last 16yrs at the Kanga Kanga Kangas is 4 drunk blokes eating marshmallows!

Is this accidentally mapped to your keyboard

Not at all - I make no bones about not being a Kelly fan - but he has been more than servable in many games this year.
The issue is we have Redman & Duursma to come back in - both clearly ahead of Kelly in positions he plays, and likely a couple of other changes as well so who else do we drop..?? Heppell or Hind maybe..?? not sure - for me it would be Kelly.
Happy if he is 'managed' not omitted as he has been decent this year..

I agree, but I am also doubtful we have the capability to do it. We have shown we struggle against shit sides.

"without Reid".

Relax my man, he isn't Chriss Judd rofl. Why you acting like he is carrying the eagles and he is a big out?
Because he generates a lot of their on-field energy and excitement? And he is impactful both with and without the ball.

West Coast can be decent when they’re motivated, but the gap between their best and their worst is ridiculously big. Without Reid fending off, kicking goals from outside 50 and taking hangers, they’ll fall flat very quickly

We're going to learn so much about our team in the next 10 games, biggest stretch of games the club has had for a long time, if we run out of steam, I'm going to be extremely flat.
But, they paid for themselves to go to Colorado.

Pretty funny everyone dropping Heppell. This was like 2 weeks ago....

Dyson Heppell (Essendon)

“Some love for Dyson Heppell. He was the highest rated player for Essendon on the weekend and didn’t get a vote.

“He is actually in the top 50 players in the competition this year with the impact he’s had.”

“That’s the best return we’ve seen from Dyson for the last 10 years.”

Hoyne found one who actually got maximum coaches votes despite Champion Data not rating his game.

Would like to see come in in order of importance Redman, Draper, Duursma and Caddy.

Possible outs Tsatas, Kelly, Goldy.

Can't see 2mp, Jones and Caddy together so not sure how they work that out.

Should be interesting selection

We're going to learn so much about our team in the next 10 games, biggest stretch of games the club has had for a long time, if we run out of steam, I'm going to be extremely flat.
If we run out of steam then it will be obvious that we are actually 3 or more years away from being a consistent top 4 side and we need 5 to 10 different options in the best 22. I will be a bit disappointed but I will not be overly shocked. There are still a few gaps in a few areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am saying no to Draper. He has to play a VFL game. Can not see him having any impact after not playing for 5 plus weeks. If we go two rucks then play Bryan.

If we run out of steam then it will be obvious that we are actually 3 or more years away from being a consistent top 4 side and we need 5 to 10 different options in the best 22. I will be a bit disappointed but I will not be overly shocked. There are still a few gaps in a few areas.
No excuses, we should be playing good tough football until the finish line, not overly fussed about winning, being competitive is non negotiable for me.

Tim Kelly out is big

Can go after Yeo with Durham, id let Caldwell run free

Even with Reid and Kelly out they will probably still smash us in clearance work. Still expect to comfortably win but only because of the class across the rest of the ground.

Barrass and McGovern must be licking their chops big time ahead of this game. Our forwards really need to get on their bikes and move, and we really need to lower our eyes when delivering inside F50 otherwise those 2 are going to have a field day in the air.

It'll be interesting to see if we've addressed our issues with forward entries over the break (and whether our players can execute it).

If we're smart we'd try to get the ball in Caldwell's hands as often as possible forward of centre so he can hit up the leading targets, he's been very impressive with his delivery inside F50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back