Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1718347102872.png

Barney Dancing GIF

Go on then

We're about to get an understanding of where Freo currently sits coming off the bye in this upcoming Bulldogs game at Marvel. The Dogs should test them and possibly even beat them. I doubt we're going to see anything close to the demolition job we saw them serve the Dees in Alice Springs two weeks ago.

We're about to get an understanding of where Freo currently sits coming off the bye in this upcoming Bulldogs game at Marvel. The Dogs should test them and possibly even beat them. I doubt we're going to see anything close to the demolition job we saw them serve the Dees in Alice Springs two weeks ago.
Freo are the best clearance midfield in the comp, by some margin. Considering how bad we are at the contest in away games, could be a problem.

Even that up and it will go a long way to nullifying their main strength and bumping up ours.

Out king in Rosas
Rosas should come in either way.

Maybe Farrar (medium) or Day (tall) as the King replacement. Possibly Casboult to get to his milestone number. Or Swallow as a full time forward, as he has been pretty good in front of goals.

Might be a bit nuffie cos he’s the best player in the game, but I’d love to see Noah sneak forward for a couple of minutes a quarter the way Bont does. Already kicked 2 goals today and is just so hard to play 1v1 with his size and skill, and doesn’t take away from his impact in the middle at all. Feel like Noah could have similar success with his one handed skills, size, and goal sense.

Hopefully something we see if King is out for any length of time to get Bear more involved in the guts.

Might be a bit nuffie cos he’s the best player in the game, but I’d love to see Noah sneak forward for a couple of minutes a quarter the way Bont does. Already kicked 2 goals today and is just so hard to play 1v1 with his size and skill, and doesn’t take away from his impact in the middle at all. Feel like Noah could have similar success with his one handed skills, size, and goal sense.

Hopefully something we see if King is out for any length of time to get Bear more involved in the guts.
Have to agree. Not on the same level of forward craft as bont but Anderson did play forward in juniors so not completely foreign to him. On another note can we find $2mil a season and get bontempelli across, wow that guy can play.

Freo are the best clearance midfield in the comp, by some margin. Considering how bad we are at the contest in away games, could be a problem.

Even that up and it will go a long way to nullifying their main strength and bumping up ours.
Bulldogs are belting Freo right now. Smashing them through the midfield.

Sonny Walters will be an out for freo- hamstring
That's a good outcome for us. He's caused us issues in the past and I remember he kicked 4 or 5 on us last year in that tight Gather Round game we lost by less than two goals. Sunny Walters essentially won the game for them that day so it's a relief to know he won't be lining up next Sunday.

That's a good outcome for us. He's caused us issues in the past and I remember he kicked 4 or 5 on us last year in that tight Gather Round game we lost by less than two goals. Sunny Walters essentially won the game for them that day so it's a relief to know he won't be lining up next Sunday.
And d mac won't be standing him😆

Kind of like how Dogs smashed us?

As I said, Freo are the best clearance differential team in the comp by quite a way. One bad game doesn’t change that, but does expose how beating them there is the way to win the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freo are 0-6 or something close of their byes

Both excited and nervous for this game. Unless I screwed up, I should be in the Gold Coast cheer squad for this. I'm bringing my friend who doesn't watch much football, logic and social norms dictate that I should be calm and composed, but I'm going full nuff. ¯\(ツ)
I ordered a costume from Polish Etsy, hopefully it arrives in time for the game. I'll also print off and hand out my custom chants to the cheer squad, prob 7% chance anyone adopts them.

Does anyone know if there is a post-game function? The club has done this in the past in Perth, but I don't know if it's standard.

Both excited and nervous for this game. Unless I screwed up, I should be in the Gold Coast cheer squad for this. I'm bringing my friend who doesn't watch much football, logic and social norms dictate that I should be calm and composed, but I'm going full nuff. ¯\(ツ)
I ordered a costume from Polish Etsy, hopefully it arrives in time for the game. I'll also print off and hand out my custom chants to the cheer squad, prob 7% chance anyone adopts them.

Does anyone know if there is a post-game function? The club has done this in the past in Perth, but I don't know if it's standard.

Haven’t had one since Jarryd Lyons was at the club

Wittsy is expected to play and King will play if he gets through Thurday's main training session. I'd say we'll bring Powell straight back in as well.
Can't risk bringing Powell straight back in after such a long lay-off without some Reserves time. Jeffrey has been perfectly cromulent as his backup, so I wouldn't risk anything. Very worried about how King can handle full contact after his injury scare, but there's no real way to know at this stage.

Mini GF? Surely!
Sadly the St Kilda game fulfilled all the criteria for a Mini-GF, and the team failed the challenge. Going to be really hard to break the Away game hoodoo against Fremantle, who do everything the Saints try to do but better.

Can't risk bringing Powell straight back in after such a long lay-off without some Reserves time. Jeffrey has been perfectly cromulent as his backup, so I wouldn't risk anything. Very worried about how King can handle full contact after his injury scare, but there's no real way to know at this stage.
For me Powell straight in like he did early in the season after pretty bad hammy. He missed pre-season games plus Opening round. I believe, last year he also missed pre-season games plus first 3 rounds and he went straight in.

I agree Jeffrey played well. Sexton out for me. Or even I would move Flanders out of defence. For example, to play Humphrey's role who was shocking and could use some confidence buildup in VFL. Flanders constant no dare, side chips drove me crazy (tough not helped by teammates lack of work rate/movement). But Dimma will not do it.

It will be interesting if Dimma changes his mind about tagging (both ways) and adjusts. Again, I doubt.

I am worried about this game. Suns play usually bad after bye and Freo has to respond at home after embarrassing performance last week.

For me Powell straight in like he did early in the season after pretty bad hammy. He missed pre-season games plus Opening round. I believe, last year he also missed pre-season games plus first 3 rounds and he went straight in.

I agree Jeffrey played well. Sexton out for me. Or even I would move Flanders out of defence. For example, to play Humphrey's role who was shocking and could use some confidence buildup in VFL. Flanders constant no dare, side chips drove me crazy (tough not helped by teammates lack of work rate/movement). But Dimma will not do it.

It will be interesting if Dimma changes his mind about tagging (both ways) and adjusts. Again, I doubt.

I am worried about this game. Suns play usually bad after bye and Freo has to respond at home after embarrassing performance last week.

Yep Powell 100% in for me too. Not like he is coming off an injury he’s still been fully training

I would probably make Humphrey sub move Flanders into his role and bring swallow in for Holman

Still have Rosas to come in at some point also
Carrying players who are having no impact is continuing to hurt the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back