Preview Round 15: Fremantle vs Essendon - Sat 24th June 7.25pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the only positive from weideman was he provided a decoy and created space for 2MP, surely one of the vfl forwards can do that and get AFL experience.

My early guess:
In: Bryan, Parish, Baldwin.
Out: Draper(potentially inj), Merrett(susp), Weidemann(pot inj).
Tex as sub

If we're going the early crow, then thinking Parish for Snelling. Caldwell can do the forward pressure work of Snelling and rotate through the midfield.

That would be the only change. I'd give Weideman another chance, and Phillips fresh of a bye is a definite Best 22 selection over Bryan.

Shiel is competing with Hobbs, and I'd prefer to keep Hobbs in. If he replaces Heppell, Hind, Weideman or Guelfi then it would disrupt our balance. I think he needs an uninterrupted run in the VFL for 1-2 games.

Yeh

Parish for Snelling for me, which is harsh. Phillips and Guelfi the only others to consider

Hobbs/Caldwell to go forward. Maybe Parish a bit more aswell as he returns

Its hard to not see us going with 2 rucks, one of which is sore vs Darcy and L.Jackson

No Sean Darcy is huge for us, add in that we match up fairly well on paper with them should see us go in with a genuine chance.

Our defence needs to be on point as the fleet footed Dockers forwards could cause some troubles. switkowski, Shultz, Frederick and Walters.

If the midfield can be 'UP' for it that is half the battle imho. Brayshawm Jaegar, Serong, Aish (is he in concussion protocols?) will match up against us.

If we can bring in one or both of Parish &/or Shiel will help heaps even if a big road trip West.

Think we can snag this, especially with the outs the Dockers have.

Bombers by 22

No Sean Darcy is huge for us, add in that we match up fairly well on paper with them should see us go in with a genuine chance.

Our defence needs to be on point as the fleet footed Dockers forwards could cause some troubles. switkowski, Shultz, Frederick and Walters.

If the midfield can be 'UP' for it that is half the battle imho. Brayshawm Jaegar, Serong, Aish (is he in concussion protocols?) will match up against us.

If we can bring in one or both of Parish &/or Shiel will help heaps even if a big road trip West.

Think we can snag this, especially with the outs the Dockers have.

Bombers by 22
Think he's due back this week

Could be the strongest side we’ve put on in a long time:
In: Parish
Out: D’Ambrossio
B: Ridley - BZT - McGrath
HB: Redman - Lav - Heppell
C: Durham - Parish - Martin
HF: Guelfi - Weideman - Stringer
F: Langford - Wright - Menzie
R: Draper - Merrett - Caldwell
I/C: Perkins - Hobbs - Hind - Phillips
Sub: Snelling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle are always tough to beat in WA but we will be a genuine chance as we will have one of our strongest lineups for the year in.

Merrett has done lots of heavy lifting over the last month start him off the bench with his mate Parish. Stringer, Caldwell and Hobbs all showed what they can do in the midfield against Carlton..

OUT: Snelling, Hind
IN: Parish, Shiel

Lineup:

Ridley Zerk McGrath
Heppell Lav Redman
Martin Stringer Durham
Perkins Weideman Shiel
Langford 2MP Menzie

Draper Hobbs Caldwell

INT: Parish Merrett Guelfi Phillips
SUB: Hind

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo thrashed out of the park by GWS, means either they are s**t or they will be under the pump next week, meaning we're doomed

Freo just seem a bit off this year. They lost to Saints and then North at the start of the year (which they got massively criticised for).

Had the Eagles not had 4-5 injured on the bench in the 3rd, they may have lost that one too.

Think we’ll make minimal changes.

In - Parish
Out - D’Ambrosio

Not sure on the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back