Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta pull the trigger tonight due to Hannan

Hannan > Merrett ( via Yeo to forwards )
Stewart > Witherden ( via Lloyd to defense )

Leaves me 156k in the bank, 8 trades, and a team looking like this :

team.JPG

Waiting for final teams, but tempted to cop a double-downgrade and pray for a league win.

Stewart > Cox (if named)
Barrett > Beech

Leave me with 750k

Next week:
Beams > Rocky
Hannan > Neale

Should leave me with 500k and 9 trades with just Greenwood and Newman to upgrade.

Hmmmm, what premo mid to get with $568.2k out of JPK, Neale, Yeo, Bont & Cripps

You'd be selecting Yeo as a fwd, not a mid.
Good pick if you plan to move him to fwd line.

JPK loves the back half of seasons, is still cheap and potential to go huge, looks to be regaining his good form.
Bont been well down until last week, hopefully a sign of things to come.
Neale has one of the best records of 120+ games as mentioned earlier, so when he scores he goes big (although not 150+)
Cripps has been hot and cold all year, huge ceiling and at a great price, but with Gibbs, Docherty and Murphy scoring so well it's hard to share the points around as much.

I don't think it'd matter too much but if I had to choose:

Neale > JPK > Bont > Cripps > Yeo

Lachie Neale - 7 games of 120+ (cheapest priced and BE of 111)

Tom Mitchell - 3 games of 120+ (but only 1 game under 100)

Zach Merrett - 6 games of 120+ (probably in the best form)
but will he be able to score 120+ again anytime soon? has played bad lately only scored decent lately against brisbane and collingwood

I've waited this long for Fyfe to come back, am I crazy to trade Fyfe > Zerrett and Lynch > Cameron?

Seems sideways, but could pay dividends... 7 trades with $180k left

but will he be able to score 120+ again anytime soon? has played bad lately only scored decent lately against brisbane and collingwood
Fyfe back will help him significantly. He copped a heavy tag last week but still scored 94.

but fyfe is apparently playing up forward?
That's what we've been told, but they've just lost Blakely and Hill, so he might be forced back in there. Neale was going okay until 3qt last week. Didn't get a touch in the last quarter. If price was no issue I would probably go Zerrett.

9 trades left. Do I trade out Lynch fwd or Heppell ? Or hold?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's what we've been told, but they've just lost Blakely and Hill, so he might be forced back in there. Neale was going okay until 3qt last week. Didn't get a touch in the last quarter. If price was no issue I would probably go Zerrett.
i have been so set on Zerrett but i have to do 2 trades to get him, only thing is im worried that neale stuggles without sandi this year so far and without fyfe, fyfe and sandi wont play every game to finish off the season imo so i dont know if its worth the risk if you are going for league and not overall result

t
the thing is will zerrett keep up this form and continue to ton up every week? or will he get tired?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

t

the thing is will zerrett keep up this form and continue to ton up every week? or will he get tired?
From the research I've done around 22YO is when players statistically reach their potential scoring wise, and he's approaching that now. 5th year in the system. No way he is going to tire. He averaged 122 in his last 9 games last year, which is pretty much a year ahead. There are examples of players that break out earlier than that age (Fyfe, Bont, Oliver) but for the most part it's around 21-22. He's right in his prime now and has more support than he did last year. Only reason I'm getting Bont this week instead of him is price. If money was no issue I'd take Zerrett for sure. FWIW I already have Neale.

From the research I've done around 22YO is when players statistically reach their potential scoring wise, and he's approaching that now. 5th year in the system. No way he is going to tire. He averaged 122 in his last 9 games last year, which is pretty much a year ahead. There are examples of players that break out earlier than that age (Fyfe, Bont, Oliver) but for the most part it's around 21-22. He's right in his prime now and has more support than he did last year. Only reason I'm getting Bont this week instead of him is price. If money was no issue I'd take Zerrett for sure. FWIW I already have Neale.
well im going to get witherden either way, either this week or next he will play the rest of the season thats why i was going zerrett cause i was also going berry to witherden.
just kept having 2nd thoughts over it, will prob end up getting zerrett tomorrow especially after what you have just said.

thanks mate

t

You are asking a lot of questions that don't have a definite answer, and really have no reasoning to think they'll go down.

Neale has had one bad game this year and 3 games in 80-90s, the rest have been excellent.
With Sandi and Fyfe back he may even get better not worse.

Zerrett is the best ball-magnet in the AFL outside of Mitchell and has improved his kicking immensely.
Still gets a lot of uncontested ball, but is super consistent with plenty of Etihad games coming up.

Fill up the glass mate and pick a player with confidence.

Was all set to go Roughead -> Greene to complete my forward line this week but with the injury speculation with Greene I'm a bit gun shy now.

Realise GWS have come out and said rolled ankle, still expecting to him to play but do we still think its worth bringing him in?
Im in a similar spot. I think I may pick Heeney instead. I'm worried about Greenes ankle/hammy. The fact GWS may get a game or two clear of 3rd spot concerns me Greene may get rested later on. The swams won't have that luxury with Heeney.
What do you think?

You are asking a lot of questions that don't have a definite answer, and really have no reasoning to think they'll go down.

Neale has had one bad game this year and 3 games in 80-90s, the rest have been excellent.
With Sandi and Fyfe back he may even get better not worse.

Zerrett is the best ball-magnet in the AFL outside of Mitchell and has improved his kicking immensely.
Still gets a lot of uncontested ball, but is super consistent with plenty of Etihad games coming up.

Fill up the glass mate and pick a player with confidence.
well as i said before i was having 2nd thoughts on it, clearly cant pick someone until your confident on your choice so im asking questions.
most people ask for opinions and ask questions on here.

well as i said before i was having 2nd thoughts on it, clearly cant pick someone until your confident on your choice so im asking questions.
most people ask for opinions and ask questions on here.
I'm not having a go, I know trading is stressful.

But you gotta look at the evidence, nothing suggests Zerrett is going to slow down and Neale is likely to get better as players return from injury.

Was all set to go Roughead -> Greene to complete my forward line this week but with the injury speculation with Greene I'm a bit gun shy now.

Realise GWS have come out and said rolled ankle, still expecting to him to play but do we still think its worth bringing him in?
GWS play first. wait for game day before trading

The last season and a half (35 games - plenty of a data sample), Neale and Z.Merrett are in the top 5 overall scorers. Ideally, you want both all things considered.

In 35 games:
Z.Merrett: Average 112.5, Max 141, Min 53, 10x >130, 2x <10
109.7 in losses, 120.6 in wins

L.Neale: Average 112.8, Max 154, Min 51, 7x 130, 3x <80
109.5 in losses, 121 in wins

Absolutely nothing splits them. Sometimes there are times where there is no right/wrong answer (and this is probably one of them) but I'd be going for the one where you think their team will win more or the one you enjoy watching/cheering on more - will make the games more fun.

EDIT: Win/Lose

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing splits them. Sometimes there are times where there is no right/wrong answer (and this is probably one of them) but I'd be going for the one where you think their team will win more or the one you enjoy watching/cheering on more - will make the games more fun.
strange.
looking at those stats wouldnt you pick the one whose team is likely to win less?

The last season and a half (35 games - plenty of a data sample), Neale and Z.Merrett are in the top 5 overall scorers. Ideally, you want both all things considered.

In 35 games:
Z.Merrett: Average 112.5, Max 141, Min 53, 10x >130, 2x <10
109.7 in wins, 120.6 in losses

L.Neale: Average 112.8, Max 154, Min 51, 7x 130, 3x <80
109.5 in wins, 121 in losses

Can't split them IMO.
Neale has more late games.
Better captain.
Depends I suppose if you need a captain or a vice.
That's how I would choose.

Is Nank worth keeping as F6? 78.4 ave past 5 games seems worrying and Tigers are playing two rucks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back