Preview Round 16, 2021: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Sunday 4th July, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 41 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously hope we find a spot for Battle coz when he tackles an oppo player, they know they have been tackled.
He is one tough hombre (not to be mistaken for a gringo 😉) & I personally like how he isn’t afraid to look after his team mates.
Not only that I regard him as a pretty decent footballer as well, so FFS find him a spot.

Why'd you mention him?
You asked why does Max get the time to understand and learn his position but Battle doesnt.

And it is likely because Billings is ready to come back in and will take the wing spot back from Battle while there isnt a key forward an Sandy playing well enough to take Max's spot in the best 22 away from him.

Could it just be the case that we have too many talls in the 22 who are playing better than him and it's a matchup thing?

I'm as confused as the rest by the way, think he should play personally.

Rated our 5th most effective player last week, the 8th most effective on the field. Marshall obviously underdone and our least effective player and obviously still not right. Wood was the 21st most effective player.

Would you take pick 20-22 for battle?

We've played his value down to a 3rd or 4th rounder or delisted free agent IMO. No-one is going to pay a high second rounder for a guy who can't find a spot in an average side. The Hawks should grab him and turn him into a star. We aren't going to help him have a career. If he stays much longer his career will piss away.

Gee less than 50 games and we gave him a game or 2 there and he struggled
Played Him Back, Wing, Forward we have also played him in the ruck and there is the problem

Worst development of any side in the AFL. If you wanted a model for how not to do things you'd look at us. I really think he needs a coach like Clarko, he knows how to get the best out of Battle types. He'd keep him on a simple and consistent path and let him build up and then get creative when he gets stale. Hopefully the new assistants make a difference. Clark and Coffield are not progressing at the ate you'd expect for their levels of talent. King looks like he should be playing freer than he is and should be the second or third tall forward.

Because Billings is fit to come and re-take his position on the wing while we don't have anyone playing well enough to take Max's spot.

The guy with a bung knee and a ****ed foot? What could go wrong? Must be thinking we'll try to drive up his FA value.

I think Battle's problem is that Highmore in the backline and Wood up forward are both showing good form, and squeezing him out.

Wood is a tease. Once he's played a few good games he goes back to bed. I have North friends and the whole of his career he'd play a great game and just as you start to have any expectations of him he drops away. He's 27 or something, he's unlikely to become any more than he is as a big utility that isn't great at any one role.

We've played his value down to a 3rd or 4th rounder or delisted free agent IMO. No-one is going to pay a high second rounder for a guy who can't find a spot in an average side. The Hawks should grab him and turn him into a star. We aren't going to help him have a career. If he stays much longer his career will piss away.
Clarko will turn him into a bloody good player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem dropping players when they are struggling with form should’ve been a lot player’s dropped this year that haven’t been dropped. But a player finally plays well and has the game that you have been looking for to drop him after that game is just poor coaching just DUMB

I have no problem dropping players when they are struggling with form should’ve been a lot player’s dropped this year that haven’t been dropped. But a player finally plays well and has the game that you have been looking for to drop him after that game is just poor coaching just DUMB
Reminds me of the time Billings was struggling for weeks and then he finally plays a good game and Richo drops him the next week. Bizarre stuff.

Battle is the closest player we have to a BJ Goddard. Sh1ts ne no end that we dik talented hard edged players around like this. Won't be at all surprised if he requests a trade.

Love Battle but he’s currently closer to A.Siposs than BJ Goddard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back