Game Day Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will destroy us. They are playing great football and we are totally out of form.

Carlton by 5 goals.

Can't wait for that to happen then the long awaited announcement of Ratten extension.

All going swimmingly. Back to looking forward to trade week.

Oh yeah, a Friday night prime time Marquee game.
The opposition are in form and we're playing shizenhausen.
What could possibly go wrong!

Sad Its Over GIF

They will destroy us. They are playing great football and we are totally out of form.

Carlton by 5 goals.

Can't wait for that to happen then the long awaited announcement of Ratten extension.

All going swimmingly. Back to looking forward to trade week.
Time to have a week off here if we lose and ratts is appointed next week.

Last chance saloon! On paper our forward line should be able to really worry them seeing as they're basically missing their entire back line but unfortunately every player is desperately out of form. I don't think I've seen an entire forward line out of form like ours is. Wilkie would get Curnow you would think and should give a good account of himself but Curnow seems to be umpired incredibly softly from what I've seen and I can see him getting a few cheap ones. Unfortunately that also leaves Howard on McKay and he will probably give him a bath, 5+ goals. Biggest issue is the midfield though. Cripps is a bit of a cheat code, in career best form and is simply too big and strong, Cerra coming back in doesn't help. There's also a bit of 2017 Richmond about them with their big supporter base waking up, they can really get on a role with the crowd adding to their momentum. Things I want to see:

• Competitive 4 quarter effort.
  • Higgins and King regain some confidence and form (if its gonna happen any week it'll be this one)
  • Windhager get a run in the middle, will be a great learning experience for him.

Will be very interesting to watch this week, if its another capitulation and thrashing then we are in big trouble with the Ratten extension, cause he clearly would have lost the players IMO. I think we'll give a much better account of ourselves but ultimately Carlton will be a bit too strong. Blues by 25 points.

Such is the crossroads nature of this game that if we get a good win we probably start favourites in our next four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such is the crossroads nature of this game that if we get a good win we probably start favourites in our next four.

Win it and we are back in with a sniff, lose and it's tank time. Almost impossible to make finals barring an absolute miracle. Dogs did us a favour flaking it.

I've been waiting for Butler and Jones to get back some of their attacking mojo for a long while, but so far it hasn't happened. Higgins is hit and miss, so who knows how he will go. I hope King is played up the ground at the first bounce, and Mmbrey back in the goal square. If we win this, then it will mean the midfield have improved 200% over the last few weeks- I don't think this will happen. All we can hope for is TEAM effort.

Last chance saloon! On paper our forward line should be able to really worry them seeing as they're basically missing their entire back line but unfortunately every player is desperately out of form. I don't think I've seen an entire forward line out of form like ours is. Wilkie would get Curnow you would think and should give a good account of himself but Curnow seems to be umpired incredibly softly from what I've seen and I can see him getting a few cheap ones. Unfortunately that also leaves Howard on McKay and he will probably give him a bath, 5+ goals. Biggest issue is the midfield though. Cripps is a bit of a cheat code, in career best form and is simply too big and strong, Cerra coming back in doesn't help. There's also a bit of 2017 Richmond about them with their big supporter base waking up, they can really get on a role with the crowd adding to their momentum. Things I want to see:

• Competitive 4 quarter effort.
  • Higgins and King regain some confidence and form (if its gonna happen any week it'll be this one)
  • Windhager get a run in the middle, will be a great learning experience for him.

Will be very interesting to watch this week, if its another capitulation and thrashing then we are in big trouble with the Ratten extension, cause he clearly would have lost the players IMO. I think we'll give a much better account of ourselves but ultimately Carlton will be a bit too strong. Blues by 25 points.

The only benefit of the umpiring being so shit last week is that we'll complain to the umpiring department and get a soft run for a week.

It’s better they are no good when the side was no good. Doesn’t cost you anything

Even getting an even performance from them is an advantage. Last week we were trying to do more damage to ourselves than the umpires could. We beat them in the end but they had a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back