Game Day Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even getting an even performance from them is an advantage. Last week we were trying to do more damage to ourselves than the umpires could. We beat them in the end but they had a crack.
I didn’t notice. I was at a 60th with mainly swans supporters. A person I’ve known for 55 years and they were giving me the shits. The moment the siren rang I acted like a 5 year old sook and stormed out. Very embarrassing when I saw her the next day.

We're talking the blues up like they're some type of juggernaut. Yes they have a couple of good mids and forwards. But like us they are very capable of wucking things up. We've been playing terrible, but player for player it should be close

We're talking the blues up like they're some type of juggernaut. Yes they have a couple of good mids and forwards. But like us they are very capable of wucking things up. We've been playing terrible, but player for player it should be close
They are pretty bloody good though especially considering the injuries to their backs.

They are crazy rankings though. I know it’s not opinion but I think they need to do some work on the stats they use to rate players.
Oh it means absolutely nothing but it gives me weight to argue with mates that D-Mac is an AA wingman.

I love that guy.

Oh it means absolutely nothing but it gives me weight to argue with mates that D-Mac is an AA wingman.

I love that guy.
I saw him many times at sandy and thought he would get dropped from there about 3 years ago. A real credit he has come good. Whatever the club did for him it’s time to do it to another 40 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At risk of flogging the shit of the dead horse here I cant see how we win it unless we do a total personality flip and show up. Our 15 minute bursts wouldnt be enough to beat them so weve sort of seen nothing this whole year to suggest we should beat them.

We need to be 100% better than the last two weeks (and probably Geelong form) and we need them to be 30-40% off their last 3ish weeks (they werent bad against the tigers).

I suppose Brisbane went from a 10 goal loss to a 7 goal win against last years Grand Finallists in back to back weeks so who knows. Picking winners is a mugs game.

It's important we can either win or be close to it in Quarter 1 & 2 just for self belief, re load at 1/2 time & hopefully finish the job.

Our rucks need to be the starting point of a victory as their M/F is strong so control of where that ball ends up in congested situation is crucial to us clearing it.

If we can bring our form from the Richmond, Hawthorn, and Geelong games we are a good chance.

It's just disappointing we have dropped off to where we are now. Not sure if it's coaching or what it is but we played well below our best the last few weeks.

I look at a team like Geelong who seems to be able to turn up every week and play to a standard that's going to beat most teams despite their best football probably being below our best.

Last edited:
Up to the bye we were going good after the bye we haven't fired a shot hopefully it turns on tonight & a game under Steeles belt will have him primed, Ro looked a lot better also.

They are crazy rankings though. I know it’s not opinion but I think they need to do some work on the stats they use to rate players.

It's the weight they place on certain stats. Defensive stuff tends to get higher numbers than uncontested touches. Guys like Dmac get a lot of hard won ball and he's a strong tackler for a wing type. Stats don't show the full story.

It's the weight they place on certain stats. Defensive stuff tends to get higher numbers than uncontested touches. Guys like Dmac get a lot of hard won ball and he's a strong tackler for a wing type. Stats don't show the full story.
Hes a proper defensive wingman. Its an underrated position to externals but hed be close to first picked for us each week.

No but that’s all they use. There is no opinion at all. McKenzie isn’t elite whatever standard you use apart their standard. The eye test is the best test and sinclair is elite. I’m actually confused by McKenzie being in it. If you look on the internet sinclair is the only saint mentioned. I reckon a mate just added him.

Hes a proper defensive wingman. Its an underrated position to externals but hed be close to first picked for us each week.
We do it alphabetically My under 11’s coach once told me I was first picked every week. I thought how good am I. He then said we pick it alphabetically. My surname starts with double A. Hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back