Game Day Round 16, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proper crap half. Bathwater consumed to massive magnitudes and could be the season done outside of a 7th/8th position which is arguably not even worth it.

Putting the spotlight on the leaders who looked lost. Seriously poor performance and should be ashamed. Will be hard to come back into this game, Dees probably playing Top 4 finals footy at the moment and we're at sea.

I don't think our effort isn't there, but demons gambling hard against Neale and Big O getting dominated by Gawn is allowing it.

Looked like we tried to mix it up with Neale starting more behind the ball but we just getting shredded in the middle. Need big lifts from everyone in there besides Dunkley who has been solid.

How's the big mouths from Andrews and Rayner going for them now ?
Rayner - 2 disposal quarter. Back to his down hill skier best with 5 disposals for the half.

McKenna gave away four goals that quarter by not manning up. Midfield atrocious.

For all the talk about our defenders (which are valid), it's the midfield that needs to collectively get their head out of their backsides.
A couple of efforts from McKenna on Pickett were really bad but I agree, the mids are getting spanked and Melbourne are giving good service to their forwards.

Rayner - 2 disposal quarter. Back to his down hill skier best with 5 disposals for the half.

McKenna gave away four goals that quarter by not manning up. Midfield atrocious.

Don’t want to stir anything up but hard for a forward to have a heap of impact when the balm never gets past the centre circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Gawn has been quoted as saying Oscar is his most difficult opponent or the one who gives him most trouble. What’s difficult about this?
He towels O up every time we play them. I was surprised he said this but most difficult opponent could also mean the guy who’s all elbows and knees and you leave the ground knowing that you’ve had a physical contest.

A couple of efforts from McKenna on Pickett were really bad but I agree, the mids are getting spanked and Melbourne are giving good service to their forwards.

McKenna should never be isolated on Pickett. Bad coaching and structure though obviously sometimes switches have to happen in-game so he can end up on him but it has to be minimised.

Balance is out with both zork and McKenna in the back 6 given they are huge defensive liabilities - kiddie can intercept which neither can.

I think Gawn has been quoted as saying Oscar is his most difficult opponent or the one who gives him most trouble. What’s difficult about this?
I think he said most enjoyable. I can see why.

Think he rated Stef Martin as the toughest back then.

Zac Bailey 1 effective disposal, 600 fumbles

Another thing is, Payne can have his moments in game, but by God if we have to rely on Joyce to have any meaningful impact for the rest of the season we’re in trouble. Made JVR look AA worthy tonight. I know his midfield hasn’t helped but he’s gotta be better in contested situations.

Another thing is, Payne can have his moments in game, but by God if we have to rely on Joyce to have any meaningful impact for the rest of the season we’re in trouble. Made JVR look AA worthy tonight. I know his midfield hasn’t helped but he’s gotta be better in contested situations.

Surely they just tell Joyce to play 1v1. He can’t be zoning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back