Review Round 16, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

On the downside, McKenna is a defender who has next to no defensive game. He was diabolical at times tonight, as was Joyce.

I’d really love to find a way to get Dev Robertson back into this side. Bailey, Morris and Wilmot had games they would rather forget.

We were the better team for longer but managed to find a way to butcher some easy chances. People complain about our forwards being selfish, watch the Melbourne forwards at work.

What a comeback, I thought we were dead and buried, and then Berry, Lohmann and McCluggage resuscitated our season when it was on life support.

Oh, and dlanod , a third tall is not a KPP, they're a different position. I wouldn't dream of playing Doedee on Curnow.

But if Joyce was the other option?

2 clangers according to the AFL app. I distinctly remember him turning it over in horrible positions at least twice as well.

He also got out marked by Van Rooyen 2-3 times in the second which led to goals. Couldn’t keep up with him.

Better second half but that second quarter was painful to watch at the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was definitely an ugly win. Big O must have nightmares coming up against Gawn, and we had no answers for Kozzie. Other than Dunkley no-one could stick a tackle.

Bailey, McKenna and Joyce (I know he's filling in) absolute liabilities. Bailey seems to have no situational awareness!

But somehow we prevailed! Dunkley was easily BOG for us. Him and Zorks were determined to drag us across the line. Not pretty, but I'll take them points.

What a comeback, I thought we were dead and buried, and then Berry, Lohmann and McCluggage resuscitated our season when it was on life support.

Oh, and dlanod , a third tall is not a KPP, they're a different position. I wouldn't dream of playing Doedee on Curnow.

I’d play Doedee/Lester on Curnow over Joyce. Gardiner was out as well and would’ve 100% swung back if healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Review Round 16, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Back