Prediction Round 16, 2024: Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very weak answer from Bell if that’s what he said. Surely you make sure the bloke has had quiet games before you try and claim that.
what's he supposed to say in public, the player is a bog average WAFL player with limited skill, no pace of footy IQ who is depth only in the short term. So motivational!

Did simmo talk about synergy as a soft letdown if we lose this game?
Surely he's not using that as an excuse for for a loss in a game we should absolutely win comfortably.

Surely he's not using that as an excuse for for a loss in a game we should absolutely win comfortably.
Have you seen much of Hawthorn this season? They rightfully go in as favourites.

Do think we're a decent chance though.

Playing a side with 4 more wins and are favourites with the bookies, but yeah, we should win comfortably.

FMD.

People saying we'll win... comfortably.... do you ever learn?

Have you watched Hawthorn the past month or so?

We should hopefully put in a better showing with the team selected but the past 2-3 years whenever we've selected a "decent" side on paper we rock up flat and disinterested.

There's a reason Hawks are $1.50 favs but hopefully we can cause an upset.

It "SHOULD" be a ripper contest, especially in the guts

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The same reason Melbourne/Freo were strong favourites against us too i guess?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going to the game for the first time in years.

Not asking for much.... Just a 10 goal win, Harley to fend off the entire hawks team, and coach, Snake to kick 12, and Chesser to have a 30d and 2g game.

best I can offer you is a brain haemorrhage due to the state of umpiring and a paper cup of beer for half your weekly wage

best I can offer you is a brain haemorrhage due to the state of umpiring and a paper cup of beer for half your weekly wage
Don't be so presumptuous to presume a beer would cost half his weekly wage mate...

He'd need at least a personal loan.

Simpson has already called it by saying something like “doesn’t matter what the team looks like on paper but it’s what they do on the ground that counts.”

His comment is true of course, but has something of a negative, defeatist ring about it to me. It is already giving a commentary as to why we lost before the game has even been played and giving the players an out for losing. I can understand that he doesn’t want to raise expectations given the last three years but surely there must be a more nuanced comment than the one he gives.

Anyway I still see this as a ‘winnable’ game and are approaching it with hope that we possibly can and even should win. Hawthorn certainly don’t look like a team of world beaters on paper although their recent form has been good, and as has been pointed out above they don’t win outside Victoria although they murdered us in Tasmania last year.
Must be nice getting to sell off 3x home games and still play in your home state 14 times a year.

14x matches in Vic and 3x in Tas.

That would be like us playing 17 at Optus due to not needing to sell games. Imagine the uproar if we got that kind of fixture.

Must be nice getting to sell off 3x home games and still play in your home state 14 times a year.

14x matches in Vic and 3x in Tas.

That would be like us playing 17 at Optus due to not needing to sell games. Imagine the uproar if we got that kind of fixture.

We should sell games to Rottnest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen much of Hawthorn this season? They rightfully go in as favourites.

Do think we're a decent chance though.
I have. I'm impressed.

One of the form sides at the moment.

But we are fielding 14+ premiership and experienced players along with Allen back for his 3rd game and playing at home against a young team that hasn't won interstate very much for years.

McGovern and Barrass in ripping form.
Snake top 3 Coleman
Kelly worth 2 first rounders
Reid ..say no more
Yeo
Flyin Ryan

This is our best side in since 2019.
Come on mate, this SHOULD be a 6 goal+ win.

I have. I'm impressed.

One of the form sides at the moment.

But we are fielding 14+ premiership and experienced players along with Allen back for his 3rd game and playing at home against a young team that hasn't won interstate very much for years.

McGovern and Barrass in ripping form.
Snake top 3 Coleman
Kelly worth 2 first rounders
Reid ..say no more
Yeo
Flyin Ryan

This is our best side in since 2019.
Come on mate, this SHOULD be a 6 goal+ win.
Gee, flashbacks to that final round in 2019....

Schrödinger’s premiership player - a stick to beat Simmo with because they’re no good these days and only get games on credits, and at the same time a clear sign that we should be flying because they’re really good players. Also don’t play them and play the kids, but p.s. they’re great and with them available we should be winning games comfortably.

Hawks are the form side of the comp, along with Sydney. Somewhat foolishly I reckon we’re a chance, and availability certainly is no excuse, but if a handful could spare us the ‘we should be confidently winning this’ build up that would be grand.

Schrödinger’s premiership player - a stick to beat Simmo with because they’re no good these days and only get games on credits, and at the same time a clear sign that we should be flying because they’re really good players. Also don’t play them and play the kids, but p.s. they’re great and with them available we should be winning games comfortably.

Hawks are the form side of the comp, along with Sydney. Somewhat foolishly I reckon we’re a chance, and availability certainly is no excuse, but if a handful could spare us the ‘we should be confidently winning this’ build up that would be grand.
I wouldn't say we should be confidently winning this but as someone who has supported Simmo through the hand he's been dealt over the past 2 years this game is the litmus test for me.

Finally got the best possible side we could field. Have a poor showing here and questions need to be asked.

If it's an absolute belter if a game and we lose due to a talent deficiency, then that's ok for me.

Dish up what we did for 3 quarters against North and the future will need to be pondered.

I wouldn't say we should be confidently winning this but as someone who has supported Simmo through the hand he's been dealt over the past 2 years this game is the litmus test for me.

Finally got the best possible side we could field. Have a poor showing here and questions need to be asked.

If it's an absolute belter if a game and we lose due to a talent deficiency, then that's ok for me.

Dish up what we did for 3 quarters against North and the future will need to be pondered.
Agreed 100%

Not our best 22. We are developing - solid kids still not available and some returning yet to find form. I suspect pace and skill will beat us not effort. I still have nightmares of Duggan and others blindly kicking under pressure from as long ago as last week.

Not our best 22. We are developing - solid kids still not available and some returning yet to find form. I suspect pace and skill will beat us not effort. I still have nightmares of Duggan and others blindly kicking under pressure from as long ago as last week.
Come on, it might not be our best 22 but what side ever has their exact best 22 on the field?
This is the strongest side we've put on the park for the last 3 seasons imo, there's no hiding behind the injury excuse today if we don't play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back