Preview Round 16: Essendon vs Geelong, Kardinia Park, Friday 02/07/2021 @ 7:50 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

50 - 60 minutes down the highway.
Geelong has not had any Covid cases
What do you think of Geelong having a "home" game against Tigers, Bombers, Demons, Pies at the G? That is travel on the road?
Most teams have their 11 home games at home.
All besides the point now- fwiw, I think Bombers will be too quick and unpredictable for us, even at Geelong.
I agree with the fact if we are good enough we can win. Good sides have won in Geelong. Not sure if we are at that stage yet.
My selfish gripe is only getting access to seats out in the open.

Not a big BZT fan but if there's one game I thought we could've used another tall against - it's Geelong.

Either will be a masterstroke or a **** up. We'll see.

He can't hit a simple handball though.

He can't hit a simple handball though.

He's not the only culprit... I've seen plenty of seemingly straight forward handballs go to grass. Infuriating to watch.

This game will come down to midfield pressure from our boys. If we allow deep, targeted entries, no chance we can stop Hawkins / Cameron etc.

Draper will feel alot more at ease against Stanley after the monumental task of Gawn.

We've managed a few sneaky wins over a much better Geelong in the past, fingers crossed we can do it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BZT played his best game last week. Seems weird to drop him on the back of that.
Agreed that he played his best game last week, there were glimpses of what he can do. In saying that, I thought he looked really nervous with the ball in hands at time. Probably comes from not getting a lot of games, and knowing your spot isn't safe. He needs a decent crack to build confidence. I remember Dodoro talking about him in an interview within the last few years and really rating him. Suspect he just hasn't had the chance to develop properly.

I think our season is going to fizzle out a bit from here on out. The kids are tired… I don’t expect any more scalps. As long as the effort’s there and we’re not getting blown up on the scoreboard I’m happy.
i see where you're coming from but looking at the draw i kind of think we're finals bound with a bit of luck.

Great watching the 2011 win against the cats on the club website. We were big underdogs, cats had won 13 straight wins. A punter backed cats $1 mill to win, $90 k.
Gives hope for tonight.

here it is. And bloody Margetts with the feebie goal for Stevie J with a few mins to go even back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back