Autopsy Round 16 vs Collingwood at Metricon Stadium, Saturday 2nd July, 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are your other tall defenders?

Moore - Murphy - Maynard

Would imagine you'd want one other true tall defender for the game
Its looking like Ruscoe (193cm) will come in for Howe. Though Dean was suggested, but think he needs more time in VFL
But given the game is gonna be played under water on saturday haha its' not gonna be a game for talls

Good for Tsitas, but if we were bringing in a midfielder, Hollands needs a run at it. he's waited long enough and I don't want him looking for opportunities elsewhere like Brodie because the coaching staff can't figure out how to get him in the side and utilise him.

Good for Tsitas, but if we were bringing in a midfielder, Hollands needs a run at it. he's waited long enough and I don't want him looking for opportunities elsewhere like Brodie because the coaching staff can't figure out how to get him in the side and utilise him.
Elijah needs to focus on giving 100% all game long. I love him and he is going to be a jet but e very much picks and chooses when to apply himself currently. We can't carry that in our 22.

Tsitas a real weird one besides the predicted wet weather. Still would have thought constable would have been ahead of him also

Elijah needs to focus on giving 100% all game long. I love him and he is going to be a jet but e very much picks and chooses when to apply himself currently. We can't carry that in our 22.
We've been carrying Davies for 15 rounds, If we're replacing a 'development' spot in the side, I'd rather it be with a player that will play a huge part in our future rather than a mature age top up.

Which is not to take anything away from Tsitas who has earned his opportunity to play AFL football.

We've been carrying Davies for 15 rounds, If we're replacing a 'development' spot in the side, I'd rather it be with a player that will play a huge part in our future rather than a mature age top up.

Which is not to take anything away from Tsitas who has earned his opportunity to play AFL football.
Oh I agree we have being carrying Davies and he shouldn't have been in the team for weeks, but Elis last month of VFL hasn't been good imo. I just don't see how you reward that.

If anyone deserves to feel stiff for not being able to get a game it’s Sharp IMO.

Didn’t deserve to be dropped in the first place, racked up touches in the VFL as the AFL team won three easy games straight, and we are crying out for more run and speed and someone who can hold their width (or you know, play as a wing).

Hopefully the penny drops for him and he understands he needs to work into the back 50 as hard as he works forward at all times, and then he will be a real weapon.

I can only assume he is replacing Davies, and Dew wanted a more tackling type player, which he excels at. Play as a forward and mid if needed.

Hollands would be my choice for Davies, but he is not a contested player I guess.

This guy is my biggest black hole of knowledge of our list can anybody please fill me in a little is a he a mid replacing Davies ?
Happy for the bloke but no absolutely nothing about him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy is my biggest black hole of knowledge of our list can anybody please fill me in a little is a he a mid replacing Davies ?
Playing fwd/mid in the VFL, but he's 100% a true midfielder. The comparison I like to use is a lesser David Swallow. Not as fast, tall or strong, but similar attack on the football. Okay skills. Had a game-high 10+ tackles last weekend, probably showed the Coaches how much he kept putting in despite the team getting hammered.

I'd love to put Hollands in, but you can't justify giving him a game now when he's struggled to impact over the past two weeks, while Tsitas consistently has. Maybe not to the same ceiling as Hollands, but he finds a way to be involved if it's all going pear shaped. I imagine that's why he was picked.

In-and-under player. Hard worker. Tackles pretty well. Probably not as fast or classy as other players, but gives effort. Kicks the odd goal. Played 100 VFL games as of last week.

Honestly don’t know what to expect of him in this game. Interesting choice. Wet weather probably helped the call.

Think Rory Laird, plays an almost identical style. Have seen almost all his games live when he was dominant for the Eagles in SANFL through 2020/2021. Just lacks the overhead ability of Lairdy but is a strong clearance inside mid and good tackler/workate, won't get tired. Not a big metres gained type nor has any special skills but does the work across the ground.

Would even have hollands before Flanders, just can't see where his place is in the team. The weather must be a factor for the Tsitas call but hollands actually tackles pretty well also. The players with class often rise to the top still in wet conditions ie pendlebury / bont, and i see hollands as a potentially similar player. Like seeing bowes named on the wing but not sure if its possible for him to line up there given only 6 defenders named.

Surprised and happy for Tsitas selection, he's gonna give 110% so the game may suit him.

Oea emergencies, now thats a big surprise? For Rankine?

Stoked for Cheatcode.. That selection should light a fire under Hollands, who hopefully gets his chance soon. Hopefully can lay a few big tackles and get involved.

Think Rory Laird, plays an almost identical style. Have seen almost all his games live when he was dominant for the Eagles in SANFL through 2020/2021. Just lacks the overhead ability of Lairdy but is a strong clearance inside mid and good tackler/workate, won't get tired. Not a big metres gained type nor has any special skills but does the work across the ground.
You had me at “think Rory laid” let’s go

Surprised and happy for Tsitas selection, he's gonna give 110% so the game may suit him.

Oea emergencies, now thats a big surprise? For Rankine?
Oea has played well the last month; great pressure and some goals. I was sure he’d be delisted. Now if he stayed for one more year I could live with it (list size permitting).

H
Playing fwd/mid in the VFL, but he's 100% a true midfielder. The comparison I like to use is a lesser David Swallow. Not as fast, tall or strong, but similar attack on the football. Okay skills. Had a game-high 10+ tackles last weekend, probably showed the Coaches how much he kept putting in despite the team getting hammered.

I'd love to put Hollands in, but you can't justify giving him a game now when he's struggled to impact over the past two weeks, while Tsitas consistently has. Maybe not to the same ceiling as Hollands, but he finds a way to be involved if it's all going pear shaped. I imagine that's why he was picked.
He also won the SANFL Margaret Medal .... so he must be able to play! Hope he kills it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16 vs Collingwood at Metricon Stadium, Saturday 2nd July, 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back