Unofficial Preview Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, PFS, 4:35pm Saturday 29/06

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant one of the few who showed any appetite for the contest when we were getting blown away.
Everyone's favourite in Mcrerry and side b were completely missing.
And granted Sidebottoms class showed out in the end but I no longer have him as automatic for finals.

Oh no, Run n Spread doesn't have him as an automatic selection. That will really influence the coaching staff.

Go watch Sideys impossible 60 metre bomb to win us a GF and then come tell me about one of our best ever finals player being dropped for finals.

I mean, where do we get these supporters from?

Will definitely need troops back, let's hope that includes Pendles.

In: DeGoey, Pendles, Checkers, Markov
Out: Jiath, Macrae, Dean (apologies, like Frampton more against King) and McInnes

With Sullivan moved to sub.

Interesting with this challenge for spots now. Elliott, Mitchell, Richards, Cox and McStay come in for Harrison, Krueger and ....maybe Markov with WHE returning to defence??

I mean it's very unlikely we will get a fit crew back together, but fascinating selection if we do

Fly wasn't sure Pendles would be ready for Gold Coast. Looks like Jordy, Checkers and Leggy are the only ones to certainly be back at this stage. maybe Richards as well.

So, Maybe;
In - Jordy, Checkers and Leggy
Out - Dean, MaCrae and Jiath
Dean's last two games have been his best. I suppose Frampton and Markov moving back makes that a likely move.

Out Jiath… kid looked totally lost in the first half. Worked his way back. Settled. Had his moments. Good boy :D
In Mihocek…..Frampton goes back to defence.

Out. Dean
In. DeGoey… Dean is stiff. Considering Moore was utter garbage and cost us about 5 goals. With Frampton back home and Howe back in defence, Dean is superfluous to needs.

Out. McCrae
In. Pendlebury.

In. McInness. He was very good when he came on.
Out. Sullivan … emergency.

I'd argue Sullivan can't either.

Anyway, it's not Sullivan for Richards as a midfielder anyway. Sullivan and Macrae are both only playing by virtue of us having virtually no available inside midfielders; post bye we are likely to have two come back.
Richards replaces Macrae (who has spent a heap of time on the forward flank), Pendles or JDG (take your pick) replace Sullivan.

Sullivan had 55% ToG today, that's less than Mason Cox plays. He would've been subbed out if only not for the miracle he had a bloke in the senior squad that was actually playing even worse than him in Macrae. 55% ToG for a full game is in genuine 'we prefer to play with 21' territory. Good story, but he ain't up to it.
Yep, this is a good point (the TOG). Noticed that we've been limiting Macrae's and Sullivan's minutes. Also TJ's today. This is an indicator that these are fill in players that we don't think are quite up to the level. In Sullivan's case could also be the lack of a second position.

I'd expect Macrae, Sullivan and TJ are the players to be omitted once we have enough players back.

If JDG and Pendles are both back, then I think Macrae will be out and Sullivan a likely out. Markov to replace TJ.

With Mihocek returning it will be interesting which way we go with Dean/Frampton. There's been a few signs that we prefer Dean and his form continues to build. Plays better team defence than Frampton (the key to our defensive stategy) and is the closest thing we have to a Murphy replacement.

This assumes we keep Kreuger as forward/ruck and do away with Frampton as a forward. Even if Billy does play defence, his rucking might still be a reason to prefer him over Dean. Could be that Kreuger alone is not enough. So next game's selection might not be the definitive answer.

I think it’s going to be a long long break on BF between now and when we play again. Bye couldn’t have come at a worse time for some of the posting were going to have to endure.

Switch off and come back Wednesday week I reckon, we’re not going to learn much discussing amongst ourselves for the next 7-10 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Macrae, McInness, Jiath,

In: Pendlebury, Mihocek, De Goey

Richards for Sullivan perhaps… but a bit of a sideways move

Boys to be better with senior players back, and after a well earned week off

Sullivan had a shocker, the first half every time he touched the ball he turned it over or got caught with it.

Sounded like Pendles may not be ready.
Switch off and come back Wednesday week I reckon, we’re not going to learn much discussing amongst ourselves for the next 7-10 days.
Fly did not sound confident on Pendles being ready.

De Goey and Checkers look likely to return.

It’s going to be a long lead up to this game, considering we have to get through the bye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's good. They can squeeze in an extra ru and practice.

You don't want the veterans coming back and be cold/rusty under game pressure. They need a real solid run around with high intensity practice before a game the week after.

In: Pendlebury, Mihocek, De Goey, Richards, Mrakov and possibly Elliot.

Out: Macrae, Jaith, Sullivan, Kruegs, Reefe, ?
Krueger may still be needed to give Cameron a rest in the ruck, assuming we leave Frampton back full-time.

How I think we will line up. Personally I would keep Howe back and despite playing ok in the last few weeks I would leave out Dean for Sullivan or McInnes.

In: S.Pendlebury, J.DeGoey, B.Mihocek, O.Markov
Out: F.Macrae, L.Sullivan, R.McInnes, T.Jiath

B: B.Maynard - B.Frampton - I.Quaynor
HB: J.Noble - D.Moore - O.Markov
C: J.Daicos - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom
HF: J.Howe - N.Kreuger - B.McCreery
F: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - B.Hill
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: C.Dean - J.Crisp - W.Hoskin-Elliott - P.Lipinski
S: H.Harrison
This.

Remove this Banner Ad