Autopsy Round 17 2024 – GWS Giants vs Carlton, Saturday July 6, 7.30pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Free kicks 10-5 Carlton.

Hopefully a few even upperers.

Still getting beaten badly in the clearances despite Briggs dominating.

Yet, we're only behind by 2.

How???!!!

Good:

- Fonti. 11 disposals. 4 inside 50’s, demonstrating his running game. Love how hard he’s pushed forward and given an option, it’s actually generated a lot of offence.

- Hogan. 2 goals, 10 disposals, 4 contested marks. Has been huge.

- Smalls. Bedford, Daniels, Jones all looking dangerous and providing so much intensity around the ball. Daniels in particular has been buzzing around.

- Harvey Thomas. Only 5 disposals and apparently only going at 40% but I just love his composure. His body work for a slight 18 y/o is so good.

- Callaghan. Huge half, looks confident, taking the game on. Hopefully he doesn’t fade away.

- Green and Greene. Tom actually looking damaging tonight, and Toby likewise.

Not so good:

- Cadman. He’s just not impacting the game at all. It’s that tricky one, do you persist knowing he’s probably learning despite the poor form, or do you go for the safe option in Keefe? Let’s hope he does something in the second half but he’s looking like the sub option again.

- Defence looks suspect. Aleer had a much better quarter but he makes me nervous, even with ball in hand, he needs to speed up his decision making. Which is a tough thing to do, but more time at this level will help.

(Blue Vic team + Lime green Vic team) > Orange Syd/Cbr team.

We simply can’t get an even break.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Q1 frees = minus 5.
Q2 frees = net zero.

Even Doggie Brad Johnson going off at the umpires on Hogan’s Q2 disallowed mark.

We can win from here with 50/50 frees.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This half will be a battle of attrition - the team with fresh legs or less cramps will win.

I want someone to test Patrick Cripps's shoulder legally. Ditto for Weitering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Autopsy Round 17 2024 – GWS Giants vs Carlton, Saturday July 6, 7.30pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back