Review Round 17, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Rankin thing I don't think he meant to do it . It was just one of those things that happen in footy and if you want to look at it in a certain way it can look bad.

He might get a couple.

As for after the game I'm not reading anything into that either. Unless you're a mind reader.

With the Rankin thing I don't think he meant to do it . It was just one of those things that happen in footy and if you want to look at it in a certain way it can look bad.

He might get a couple.

As for after the game I'm not reading anything into that either. Unless you're a mind reader.

No way he meant to hurt Starce. Besides the point.

He elected to bump a guy who was unsuspecting and not only winded him, but accidentally headbut him, causing a concussion. Was off the ball. Absolutely suspended.

Found Rayner's best position - forward half loose cannon.

Starces concussion saves discussion about McKenna - can't replace both back flankers.

Kudos to the crows. Benny Keays has made himself into a good footballer. Again, kudos.

F**k, we have some selfish players up forward. Logan Morris's attitude stands out,

Loved, after a quiet start, how Washcroft took control in the 3rd when we needed him.

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

No way he meant to hurt Starce. Besides the point.

He elected to bump a guy who was unsuspecting and not only winded him, but accidentally headbut him, causing a concussion. Was off the ball. Absolutely suspended.
Well I agree with that .But there didn't seem much in it . Just fluked a bad outcome from something you see many times every week.

Won the game with those first 3 goals in under 8 minutes.
Crows spent the rest of the game pegging back that lead only for us to extend it out to around that margin a few times.
Not an impressive win but we still get the 4 points and retain out %.
Neale was massive in the 1st half. Dunkley good over 4 quarters.
Oscar came good after being beaten early on.
Payne had a solid return and hope he pulled up well.
Jo had an off game and we still won.

Will they leave Fletcher at HB or bring in Brain next week.

Rankine saw Starce after the match but wouldn’t go over and shake his hand.

Even I’m not that much of a coward. Dumb grub.
Hope he gets weeks the little p .

Winning meh at this stage of our season is okay. Interesting round. Top 4 still possible and has to the aim. Failing that 5th as minimum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunkley, Neale, and Harris were outstanding. I thought we were second best for large patches and their kicking for goal was infinitely better than ours. But an ugly win is a win - you get four points just the same.

Last edited:
Genuine chance a win next Sunday gets us in the top four.

If we, along with the favourites win next week, we're up to 5th.

However that includes Freo having to beat Hawthorn in Tasmania (who are very hard to beat down there) and Essendon beating Melbourne at the MCG. Either of those two teams lose and we're in the top 4.

If Lachie had've been around for the 3 peat he would've been equal if not better to those guys.

His consistency over his entre career plus his durability is up there with all the best players from any team.
I’m happy to have Lachie as equal to the fab four, and celebrate them all as champions of the game. Trying to compare players from different eras is folly. Different gamestyles, different teams, different rules.

Mike Whiting wrote today that Lachie should be in the discussion for the brownlow this year. Spot on… he’s been in the best of the Lions wins so many times. As always, he doesn’t get spoken about as much as Cripps or Bont… but he’s every bit as good as those guys.

He might get a couple.

Intentional bump + head clash resulting in concussion = weeks.
Head clash aside, it’s a pretty awful look to see a player get put down like that, off the ball, when he’s completely unaware. I think that kind of thing should go into the “unduly rough play” bucket. We want the best players playing, not being dropped off the ball.

The spluttering stopped post-bye. No surprises against the Eagles next week should confirm that!
I thought the wins post bye against the Crows,Saints and Dees weren’t entirely unspluttery

I’m happy to have Lachie as equal to the fab four, and celebrate them all as champions of the game. Trying to compare players from different eras is folly. Different gamestyles, different teams, different rules.

Mike Whiting wrote today that Lachie should be in the discussion for the brownlow this year. Spot on… he’s been in the best of the Lions wins so many times. As always, he doesn’t get spoken about as much as Cripps or Bont… but he’s every bit as good as those guys.
They still won’t pick him for the AA when they have so many Victorian darlings to select; Bont, Daicos, Cripps, Walsh, Merrett etc. the Swans boys such as Heeney, Warner and Gulden should be selected but they still won’t find room Lachie even if he wins back to back Brownlow.

Intentional bump + head clash resulting in concussion = weeks.
Head clash aside, it’s a pretty awful look to see a player get put down like that, off the ball, when he’s completely unaware. I think that kind of thing should go into the “unduly rough play” bucket. We want the best players playing, not being dropped off the ball.
Agree, there should be no excuses for concussing a player 20 m off the ball. Chose to illegally bump and needs to face the consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Back