Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs St Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Might not be able to watch tomorrow night. Is there any way to watch the replay without being spoiled by the result?
AFL app? When does the game go up?
If you have Kayo, you can watch it anytime, understand if you don't want to pay for it though $27-$28 per month at the moment I think. I've sometimes come half way through the game - typically I fast forward through things like boundary throw-ins, goal delays etc to try and catch up.

I think AFL app is the next day, not sure.

We're playing a significantly different team to Round 2, mostly positive changes, plus Serong was awful that game as he battled knee soreness, I expect him to be significantly better this week.

Out: Hamling (bet a few forgot he even played this match), Acres, Tucker, Switta, Meek, Chapman, Banfield
In: Hughes, Fyfe, Taberner, Mundy, Wilson, Cox, Walker

So yeah summary of that is I think the changes are good and some guys in much better form also.

In the pictures of the team getting on the plane, Liam Henry was there, probably one of two extras but a good chance he will be the sub.
See I don't get this, they did it with Sturt and they're doing it with Henry, 2 players that need continuity and they're stuffing them around.

Lunacy

So, as normal the game will be mostly won in the middle and stoppages. The ruck battle of Rider and Marshall vs Darcy and Lobb will be critical here. Paddy Rider is an incredible ruckman, so Darcy will have to be at his best to match him - a great challenge for him.

We also need to take care that the Saints don't have end to end from shallow entries into our forward-line - deep fifty entries are the go, otherwise they can burn us on the way out, also trying to get one on ones with Tabs and Lobb - think they can definitely challenge the saints with their current backline troubles, however don't just bomb it in like we did when we met back in Round 2 in the last quarter - that was panic stations stuff tbh.

Hope to see more gradual improvement from Fyfey, Walters to get back up to where he was before his injury, Colyer improving.

Also please can we not let Max King and Jack Higgins off the leash like we did last time.
Definitely need to be wary going into this game despite Saints undermanned backline. Was exactly the same vs Carlton and our fwd 50 entries we're great where we couldn't capitalise on the height of Lobb and Tabs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nat’s going to go boonta this game. He showed a bit of it last week

Having watched the game again, he really did quite well, 21 disposals and a goal for a half forward is a great contribution, not to mention the work he put into helping out Brayshaw.

You could feel him building, he had a couple of nearly moments and his presence was back.
There was still some rust showing occasionally, like getting outbodied by Burton in the D50 and not quite connecting with team mates, but as that starts to tidy up watch out!

Chief is this something to be worried about?
Seems to be malware on Android.

If you can get screen grab and the URL of the ad, please post it in that thread.

If you can get screen grab and the URL of the ad, please post it in that thread.
Popping up on iPhone. Will post some screens when it appears again.

Kinda like finding a secret neopet

iPhone too

Having watched the game again, he really did quite well, 21 disposals and a goal for a half forward is a great contribution, not to mention the work he put into helping out Brayshaw.

You could feel him building, he had a couple of nearly moments and his presence was back.
There was still some rust showing occasionally, like getting outbodied by Burton in the D50 and not quite connecting with team mates, but as that starts to tidy up watch out!

Yeah, if not this game then the next. He’ll at least take another leap this week.

Saints really rattled us last time we played, but it forced us into some decisions that kicked off the run of seven wins in a row or however many it was. Reckon JL had this penciled into his tick-and-flick book as one to plan for.

See I don't get this, they did it with Sturt and they're doing it with Henry, 2 players that need continuity and they're stuffing them around.

Lunacy
Got to take someone though

It has been rotated fairly IMO

Sturt did it for a week, Blakely did it a few weeks back, Crowden did it, Banfield does it basically every week he doesn't play, Henry's turn now

How else would you do it? I feel we have shared it around as much as possible

Got to take someone though

It has been rotated fairly IMO

Sturt did it for a week, Blakely did it a few weeks back, Crowden did it, Banfield does it basically every week he doesn't play, Henry's turn now

How else would you do it? I feel we have shared it around as much as possible
We also need a player who is going to contribute if there is a late out, so we do need a genuine replacement.

Hate to be negative but I am expecting a loss this week. Have tipped the saints but would be more than happy to be proven wrong!
Have some damn faith son!

Freo by 38.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs St Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back