Preview Round 17: Essendon vs Adelaide, Docklands, Friday 09/07/2021 @ 7:50 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, This will be telling. Adelaide, even without Tex, is probably at a similar level to us. Keays will highly likely go to Parish, and don't forget that Fogarty probably comes in as well, that guy is pretty good as well.

I'll back us to win but I suspect it'll be a close one

I reckon I would give Hooker and 2MP one more game against easier opposition and look to make a change after that if either has an unproductive game. I want to see Bryan and Draper play together but could only bring Bryan in for 2MP. Dont think you could play Bryan and 2MP in same forward line.
At least 2MP can run. Hooker worse than Bellchambers was. Should do the Stanton thing and put his hand up for VFL.

Honestly, This will be telling. Adelaide, even without Tex, is probably at a similar level to us. Keays will highly likely go to Parish, and don't forget that Fogarty probably comes in as well, that guy is pretty good as well.

I'll back us to win but I suspect it'll be a close one
I was thinking this watching yesterday's game. So many similarities, including matching the other team for most of the game before falling away at the end.

I don't think we are ready to be playing finals and would prefer playing more for the future at the risk at copping more losses this year. Forward line looks too slow, our talls are not competing in aerial contests or able to the lock the ball in D50 like earlier in the year

In: Reid (if Walker from ADEL out), Francis, Shiel (if fit), Zaharakis, Durham
Out: Stewart, Smith, Hooker, Cutler (omitted), Cox (managed)

FB: Laverde, Reid, Francis
HB: Hind, Ridley, Heppell
C: Langford, Parish, Shiel
HF: Snelling, Jones, Perkins
FF: Tipungwuti, Wright, Waterman
FOLL: Draper, Merrett, Stringer
I/C: Redman, Zaharakis, Ham, Durham
Sub: Cox

If Draper or Wright off the ground play Jones from the goal square with a smaller more agile forward line

Last edited:
I don't think we are ready to be playing finals and would prefer playing more for the future at the risk at copping more losses this year. Forward line looks too slow, our talls are not competing in aerial contests or able to the lock the ball in D50 like earlier in the year

If Draper or Wright off the ground play Jones from the goal square with a smaller more agile forward line
They're not gonna drop Stewart.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like it. Only thing is if we are going to rest Cox, ideally he shouldn't be the sub. I'd have Durham or Guelfi as sub personally.

we'll only lose one more game this season, to the doggies.
Essendon to the moon

Super optimistic.

We’ve had a better than expected year to date but besides Round 1 vs Hawks (which always throws up surprise results), we really haven’t lost to any team we shouldn’t have lost to.

I would be really surprised if this lasted all season.

Nice to play a team this week whose opposition actually offer proper analysis on here and are not delusional about their team. I think the Crows fans are some of the best for non-biased/fair observations about their team and the opposition.

Given the venue, we should be winning this game but both clubs are in similar situations and we can’t afford to rock up complacent. I can see a real battle coming up, similar to the Hawks game a couple of weeks back.

Out: Coxy (rested), Perks (rested), Hooksy (managed), Waterboy (omitted)
In: Reid, Zaka, The Guelf, Franga

I think you might have nailed the changes. Line up could look like;-

Laverde Stewart Hind
Ridley Reid Redman
Heppell Langford Guelfi
Zakka 2MP Tippa
Stringer Jones Snelling

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Smith Cutler Ham Francis
SUB: Perkins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Dodo needs to meet my mrs, she often finds opportunities for me to verbally admit I was wrong..... I wonder if she could have the same effect on Dodo and get him to admit Cutler isn't a AFL grade footballer? Surely that was his last game of AFL level footy!?!

I think Dodo needs to meet my mrs, she often finds opportunities for me to verbally admit I was wrong..... I wonder if she could have the same effect on Dodo and get him to admit Cutler isn't a AFL grade footballer? Surely that was his last game of AFL level footy!?!

Dodoro isn’t the one playing him in the senior team.

He needs a few games in a row. Very hard to play 1 game every now and then coming from VFL.

Depth.

It’s time for peter Wright to stand up this week. Form has been patchy all year but terrible against good opposition. Friday night footy in Melbourne, he needs to start showing he can become a consistent contributor week in week out.

Out: Cutler
In: Durham

Let's see how the team responds from last week. No need to panic especially with Hooker.

This would be my only change. Id prefer Guelfi in but then dont like Durham to debut as a sub

Francis and Shiel assuming aren't available

We win this easily. Theyre really battling. Sloane cooked and Tex injured.

Wouldnt mind Cox doing a more negative role on Seedsman if hes on a wing.

Zaka just strolled along in the VFL game. Hardly went near a contest until they put him in at a center bounce. Was rather uninspiring. Would rather not see him back. Shiel is unlikely.

Out: Cutler
In: Durham

Let's see how the team responds from last week. No need to panic especially with Hooker.
Hooks is a cooked chook but, let him play the season out, he's earned it. With winnable games ahead he could still jag 3 or so a game, what a way to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back