Amos Frank (calf) - 2-3 weeks
Lance Franklin (hamstring) - 2 weeks
Sam Grimley (finger) - 5-6 weeks
Luke Hodge (knee) - test
Will Langford (shoulder) - 1 week
Derick Wanganeen (hamstring) - 1 week
Michael Osborne (knee) - season
Alex Woodward (knee) - seasonAndrew Boseley (shoulder) - season

LOL at Hodge Test surely he lines up against the pies?
Pit about Amos, Wangas Grimley and Boseley
That is really bad timing for Grimley. What are his prospects like for next year? Is he contracted? Or is this an experiment that didn't pan out the way we'd hoped?

Apparently we are talking about how our midfield will dominate theirs and how Schoenmakers is going to give Cloke the biggest pasting of his career...

Should be a close contest and pretty much 45-55 for us in my view. We have greater depth through the middle but they have the greater top end. The three key players for us IMO are Hale, Rioli and Sewell. If they get constant first use out of the centre square and around the ground then I can't see us winning. Sewell needs to continue his form against good sides. We desperately need his top shelf clearance work. Rioli gives us that extra dimension and if he is on and playing through the middle then we are honestly a 4-5 goal better side. I would not say that about any other player except Mitch and maybe Roughy.

It's amazing how the news keeps on finding ways to make an article about Buddy every week. He doesn't even have to play.

Reading through the thread I am surprised to see how confident everyone is about Hawthorn winning. I think they're in with a shot, but if the whole team are not at 100%, then its not going to be fun on Saturday. Without Bud, Hodge and Guerra, its going to be a stretch. They are the guys that usually stand up for the big occasions. A lot of the others go missing.

just had a quick read of the pies board. Their confidence is as high as their spelling and grammar are low. Most there predict a big win, and have little or no regard for our up and coming players such as Whitecross, Poupolo, Bruest or Savage. Would really love a solid win here.

Many comments that we haven't beaten anyone decent, only rabble, thought of posting a Blues thread, but didn't. However, you can only beat those matched against, and we have beaten them comprehensively

Go Hawkers.

The pies board has a thread titled "How much do we need to win by" :eek: Oh dear.

Sorry to jump in (I like reading every teams forums, sorry lol). That thread wasn't a bashing Hawks thread, it was more along the lines of 'IF we win, how much do we need to win by to stop the MEDIA from dismissing it as a 'If Buddy played the Hawks would've won' win.

Sorry to jump in (I like reading every teams forums, sorry lol). That thread wasn't a bashing Hawks thread, it was more along the lines of 'IF we win, how much do we need to win by to stop the MEDIA from dismissing it as a 'If Buddy played the Hawks would've won' win.

I'd say anything beyond 3 goals would be a stretch to call bud the difference. The media however will inevitably label it the 'what if the hawks had buddy' game if we lose.

Guerra absence will be felt on Saturday afternoon! :(

No need to worry my friend.
Haven't you read all the reports decreeing our warrior captain will finally return this week and will fill the spot admirably?
You can sleep easy knowing this to be fact because neither the club nor the media would ever misrepresent the chances of the great man returning.

:rolleyes:

Have been reading some of the posts on this thread and my own opinion is that there are no excuses this Saturday. I am quietly confident because the team has shown they share well and can kick a winning score without Big Bud, team has been winning and winning well all year without Hodgey and whilst Guerra is a very important player we have very good depth which we have not had in the past. I am stating the bleeding obvious but I see Saturday's game as a test for players as individuals, as a team and for the coaching staff because selection, match ups and tactics will be critical. Stating the bleeding obvious again but we are well and truly entering the pointy end of the season. Saturday's game will come down to the basics which are effort, discipline and focus for 4 quarters, winning contested footy and taking control by responding to the pressures of the game. I think we can get a hold of them but the 4 quarter effort, discipline and focus will be critical to finish them off. The game presents a great opportunity for many of our players to put up their hand as they will have big jobs to fulfill but these are the sorts of games careers are built on and I reckon they are ready. I am sure the absolute importance of the 4 points will not be lost on anyone and I think this is the only way the game can be looked at. Must bring home the 4 points.

No need to worry my friend.
Haven't you read all the reports decreeing our warrior captain will finally return this week and will fill the spot admirably?
You can sleep easy knowing this to be fact because neither the club nor the media would ever misrepresent the chances of the great man returning.

:rolleyes:

Guerra would have been a good match up for either Fasolo or Blair. As for Hodge i don't give him a chance of playing at all this week, i mean everytime the club says he is 1-2 weeks away and then that time comes then they say he is another 1-2 weeks away again i mean TBH with you i find it really fustrating! When ever Hodge will come back it will be a bonus. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibson is light years ahead of Maxwell... points to Nick for being captain of a premiership team and being in a very good side's best 22, but I thoroughly believe Gibson is a far superior player. His work down back is some of the best in the competition, his spoiling for one is unrivalled, but also his run, creativity and disposal are all top notch.

Gibson is light years ahead of Maxwell... points to Nick for being captain of a premiership team and being in a very good side's best 22, but I thoroughly believe Gibson is a far superior player. His work down back is some of the best in the competition, his spoiling for one is unrivalled, but also his run, creativity and disposal are all top notch.

Mate, it's not even close.

Maxwell and Murphy would be a fairer comparison.

So according to Mark Evans we will not play Bailey this weekend, Hodge is an outside chance but I wouldn't think he'd get up for the game. Buddy is no chance despite Buckley's attempts to deflect attention off his side ahead of the game. I'm interested to see whether we keep Gilham in the side and use Schoenmakers forward like last week or if we drop Gilham and bring in Savage for some extra pace. Can't see us bringing in anyone else, there isn't really anyone that has put their hand up for senior selection that has some experience at the senior level. I go into this game cautiously optimistic, it'll be a good test for the boys and really will give us a good indication of where we are at. Our midfielders need to be on if we are to win, play like they did in the second half against the Swans and it's all over. You can't just turn off the engine against good sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back