Review Round 18, 2023 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Massively deflated. Watching from Indonesia. I genuinely thought we had that game. Very, very disappointing. Looked like the boys stopped in the last 5 minutes. And listening to those Melbourne biased commentators like BT was like having my ears assaulted.

There’ll be a lot of negativity but we played better football tonight than the semi-final last year for me.

Dees just showed serious fight unlike the semi final.

Slow out the blocks and a crawl to the finish sums it up. Premiership worthy middle portion though.

We’ll bounce back. Long trip home though.:

You have to win the game - we played into their hands - just negative coaching allowed them to get momentum and in the end the result seemed inevitable
As soon as we sent Gunston down back with heaps left on the clock it was putting the white flag up and the players played like they had to save it. With more than 5 minutes to go.

Why we didn't wake up to keep it away from Gawn who knows.

We played well enough to win . We ran out of legs .Need to get rid of the slow coaches.

Is it really any surprise we tried to lock the game down with so long to go? We practice that every week even when we have teams down 10 goals and don’t go for the jugular.

How about just once, practise what you may need to do to go and win the game, instead of simply saving it?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That hurts. Ran out of legs. Went too defensive and just played into there hands kicking down the line. Slipping over, losing 3v1’s n 2v1’s…..sigh
Great 2nd and 3rd but just couldn’t put it out of reach. Kept them in it.
Gawn was immense and destroyed the O.
So many players went missing in that last qtr.
Need Dunkley back asap.

I think that just came down to tactics. Trying to stop the game too early. I also think Rayner is better suited as the +1 back.

I thought we otherwise played great (aside from the first 10 minutes).

Heat will be on Fagan but not the end of the world. We stopped playing in the last and our defensive tactics was a joke with 5 minutes on the clock.
Finally a close game and just got to hope the coaching staff learn from it. I was worrierd pre-game that we haven't had any close ones this year.

Serious concerns on Zorko. Can't carry him if he can't run out the game. On the bench from the 10 minute mark left till 3 minutes left in the 4Q and didn't offer much. Need more runners in the team if we are to play the 3 tall lineup.

Us bombing it long and watching the Dees rebound full of run was hard to watch.

There’ll be a lot of negativity but we played better football tonight than the semi-final last year for me.

Dees just showed serious fight unlike the semi final.

Slow out the blocks and a crawl to the finish sums it up. Premiership worthy middle portion though.

We’ll bounce back. Long trip home though.:
I like your positivity

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2023 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Back