Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man i've been a Darling fan for years, but when your times up your times up.

Holding onto older players in average form for too long out of sentimentality in preference of younger alternatives is part of why our clubs in this mess in the first place. Everyone knows it, plenty of media mouthpieces have also now said it.

Darling is a club great. No doubt about it. Potential AFL hall of famer even. But when the clubs in the states it's in at the moment after just sacking it's long term coach, "letting players go out on their own terms" shouldn't come into it.
100%! To stay strong as a club, every game should be earned and be a performance based selection process, we’ve been so far out of whack, these team selections shouldn’t come as a shock to people but it seems to some they are.

No one else to play in those positions although I would like to see Jordan Baker have a chance to show whether he might be able to make the grade.
I would also like to see Coby Burgiel despite the fact that he hasn’t been pressing his case in the twos and seems to have checked out. Not sure what has happened to him, relatively high draft pick too.
You’ve made some suggestions which is a start. But we’re definitely not short on HBF (Witho). I don’t think JJ is best 23 and the list has sufficient possibles to replace him. Bazzo may be the natural replacement for Rotham but right now we have a few ‘short talls’ who we could try as KPF#3.

But my main point was these three have had between 64 and 116 games to prove themselves. Is it possible the club wants to give them seven more to show something? Sure, but it doesn’t seem logical to me.

So if they’re not being recontracted we’ll need to find replacements at season’s end anyway. Why wait?

I wonder if Witho could be a winger. He does have a nice kick when not trying to do too much, might be better going inside 50 than coming out of defence
Worry about his speed and not sure he has a te endurance for it either

It's been acceptable, sometimes even good, but he can do more offensively. I am a defender of Darling in general.

Some people love to trash him in games when we have no supply and when we do it all goes through Waterman for obvious reasons.

That's become even more of an issue with Allen coming back, but I think he could improve his marking and not resign himself to being the third tall all of the time.

We never really see him getting in Waterman's or Allen's way which is a credit to him.

Again though, hard to judge the whole setup with a misfiring midfield.
And who is the coach of the misfiring midfield , maybe he should have also been dropped to the WAFL team.

Worry about his speed and not sure he has a te endurance for it either
Dont need to be super fast on a wing, as long as you can run(not jog) all day.

He might be able to fix endurance in an off season too.

He might be able to fill the role if we dont have a long term winger ready to go

Dont need to be super fast on a wing, as long as you can run(not jog) all day.

He might be able to fix endurance in an off season too.

He might be able to fill the role if we dont have a long term winger ready to go
His endurance has always been an issue. It took him years and frankly till recently where it got to a stage like it doesn't look like an issue. Highly unlikely he's gonna get his tank good enough in one preseason to play wing.

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

ITS GAME DAY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get up, it’s game day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back