Toast Round 18 = Adelaide 86-91 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricciuto, Underwood and Huddo had nothing good to say

Underwood was appalling.

In the third when Ginnivan was tackled high after picking the ball up down low and trying to get up and away, she said something like "Ginnivan makes his signature move and the umpire rightly let's it go".

In the last she literally said "it would be cruel if Adelaide lost this game given how hard they have tried" soon after clearly barracking for Tex to take a mark. Pretty sure Collingwood had 120+ tackles, 20 odd more than the Crows

Who was the poster that said he/she can’t watch Collingwood games and has to go outside for a long walk?
Really feeling for you today, was going to take that into consideration :D

I think that title belongs to our very own Vicky Park :D

The Good

• The win!
  • Scott Pendlebury you legend!
  • Great honouring of Pendlebury in his 350.
  • Nick Daicos you legend-in-waiting!
  • Good debut by Johnson. 2 Goals 1 behind, 11 posies, 4 tackles.
  • We have a keeper in Josh Carmichael. Only 2nd game, 1 goal, 24 posies, 8 tackles. His disposal will get better when he spends more time in our system.
  • Thought Bianco had a very good game.
  • Fantastic game by the other young players: Ruscoe, Ginnivan, and Murphy all played their role. The future looks bright.
  • Entertaining game of footy for neutrals.

The bad

• My nerves.
  • The selector’s collective headache with Adams, Quaynor, Grundy and DeGoey to come back in over the next week or two
  • Gee the Adelaide supporters were vocal - boo’ed whenever we went near the ball.
  • I know some are complaining about the umpiring but I thought it was fairly consistent between the two teams. Didn’t affect the result.

The ugly

* This ugly yet loveable pooch

BE6BECA2-0B8B-43F2-99A5-56382A71EED3.gif

Crows are and will alwa
Underwood was appalling.

In the third when Ginnivan was tackled high after picking the ball up down low and trying to get up and away, she said something like "Ginnivan makes his signature move and the umpire rightly let's it go".

In the last she literally said "it would be cruel if Adelaide lost this game given how hard they have tried" soon after clearly barracking for Tex to take a mark. Pretty sure Collingwood had 120+ tackles, 20 odd more than the Crows
Fcuk ‘em

Best thing about JC’s game is that he had 60% game time. A few more preseasons and he’ll be a star.

Giving me Jarryd Lyons vibe.

On here to have a read of all the people who wrote off Bianco (without probably watching him in the VFL). Funny when a kid gets an opportunity to play in his preferred position he goes ok…..
Bit to work with, wouldnt write him off as an afl footballer just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was great.
We must get him to 50 games, dark we got the Browns that far (combined)
He looks like he has the smarts and he needs a couple more pre-seasons of conditioning but plenty of signs from him today for sure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez this team has some heart this year.

Another tough away win in the wet.
Another win by under a goal.

So happy Pendles had a win for his 350th.

The 2022 Magpies got a real Side by side mentality about them.

P.S: A ten goal win would be good for the nerves and heart of all the supporters next week thanks.

Love the sly inferences that Ginny deserves what he gets. He is really living rent free in the heads of oppo supporters, the sh1thead umps, but especially the media.

Need fly to get vocal about Ginnys treatment. 3-4 other high frees that were clear ducks and paid, but nothing for Ginny. And the holding the ball... haha never umpire again you hack. Old 2 rule books ump department will sign it all off, of course.

You really notice when some of our other players are getting the frees for high but clearly nowhere near as bad as Jack is getting tackled.

Poor by AFL and how different the treatment of Joel is compared to Jack for the same thing.

Bucks was a class act with comments today

Spoke with love and admiration of Pendles - noted how Pendles was more laconic and confident as a player than him

Bucks was also funny when he asked Huddo about his playing career

Didn't hear the Dark Master last night, but Malty reportedly was also very complimentary about Bucks and Pendles

Group Hugs xxox

At the time I thought it was pretty unfair on Hudson as Bucks didn’t pick up on the sarcasm of Hudson saying it was easy from here. Then I realised bucks was barracking like us.

Bucks was a class act with comments today

Spoke with love and admiration of Pendles - noted how Pendles was more laconic and confident as a player than him

Bucks was also funny when he asked Huddo about his playing career

Didn't hear the Dark Master last night, but Malty reportedly was also very complimentary about Bucks and Pendles

Group Hugs xxox

I quite like Bucks as a Commentator even before he came our Head Coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I love about Aussie sport is the general humility of the athletes. N. Daicos definitely fits that mould despite how good he is. Kicks 3 excellent goals, barely cracks a smile, just runs back to his position. But when his teammates kick a goal, he is euphoric. What a great young man we have on our hands.

I thought his composure and vision to find team mates in offensive running position was great.
And he was strong at the contest.
I really hope he can keep improving because you can’t have too many smart footballers in a team.
Did he win two HTB's as well? Liked his game.

Who was the poster that said he/she can’t watch Collingwood games and has to go outside for a long walk?
Really feeling for you today, was going to take that into consideration :D
That was me. I travelled to Melbourne intending to watch the game on FTA TV. No such luck, so I decided to go for a super long walk to the Coach and Horses in Ringwood, but they weren't showing the game either. So I walked several KMs to the Mitcham Hotel.
Got there at half time and watched the 2nd half very nervously. It was actually a pleasure watching with no sound on the TV so I didn't have to hear the BS commentary.

Wondering what they said when Ginni was tackled high, Nada free kick? Also when he got pinged (I presume) for HTB and Pendles queried the umps decision and gave away a 50 for dissent? Good God, I lost it then.🤪

She suggested McCreery made a dangerous tackle. It was a shocking call.
Pretty sure she also called Crouch in the first quarter as well which I wouldn't normally comment upon as most callers get a few wrong, but there were a lot of wrong names called, on top of that McCreery call and the general distaste for anything Ginny did.

I've only seen a quarter. I walked the streets again and checked the live scores. I convinced myself there was no way we could pull another rabbit out of the hat but we did!
My son informed me that Bianco did some nice things and I hear Nick was outstanding and Carmichael already belongs.

Will watch it all tonight. This team makes me so proud but boy do they test your nerves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 18 = Adelaide 86-91 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back