Toast Round 18 = Adelaide 86-91 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You really notice when some of our other players are getting the frees for high but clearly nowhere near as bad as Jack is getting tackled.

Poor by AFL and how different the treatment of Joel is compared to Jack for the same thing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes the differences in what was paid was glaring. I didnt agree a few weeks ago when the media blew up saying there is an issue with Ginny. I agree now there is an issue in that he is being umpired differently to everyone else. Its the media's fault, Selwood is the media darling so gets the free pass, Ginnivan is (was) unknown and plays for Collingwood (Yuck! Yuck! EEEWWW!), so lets rip him for everything he does. The umps have bought into this mentality.

...Fantastic to do it for Pendles! :D

975320.jpg

Love this pic

Pendles with his buddies

Howe's grip strong

Sidey celebrating with pants on

What a win - my heart was thumping hard on that one! Fly really likes close wins but wins are better than losses. Albeit, you don't need to give me a cardiovascular workout each time. If I get any assessment wrong, I was listening on Triple M radio while building a LEGO set.

Murphy: Played a quieter game today but was an important pillar in defence. Hard to tell who he was as there was another a certain Lachie playing for Crom.

Howe: Important when it mattered and worked off the HB

Moore: Fingers crossed that finger is okay. Think it is, but want to make certiain.

Pendlebury: SP350. SP named among the best. Just another day at the office for Pendles. Few slip-ups but what do you expect, it's wet.

Maynard: Tough, hard as nails off HB. Needed in the last.

Bianco: If you haven't listened to Nuvole Bianche, then you haven't played the piano or attended any piano concert. Kicking as graceful as Einaudi's score. Thought he justified selection.

Daicos: Josh has stepped it up this year. A very nifty wingman is hatching a career. Looking forward to seeing more.

Crisp: Quieter match today. Off it a bit. Needs to recapture his early season form or that AA Jacket will allude him.

Noble: After a tough week, Noble showed he was noble. Our knight in black and white who always comes at the right moment.

Elliott: A trooper who jingled all the way.

Cox: When they are born, giraffes have monocular-type vision, giving them a wider field of view but poor depth perception. As adults, their vision becomes more binocular, meaning they have a smaller field of view but greater focus. In Q4, he was exceptional in the ruck and tried in conditions that are hard. Although he dropped marks, that was a common trend of the day. He played well, even if it was a quieter role.

Mihocek: Checkers found form but was playing stiff. May need the week off. Although it's Mihocek and I don't think knows what one of them is.

Hoskin-Elliott: Hoskin-Who?

McCreery: What lovely ball skills he has.

Lipinski: Reminder to all who want to see him dropped that he was one of our best on ground and cost us a packet of twisties.

Cameron: Important in the ruck and kicked a goal. Heard his name a lot in Q1 and was there when the rest of the team weren't.

Sidebottom: Sidey was all class. He's started playing much better footy and will be important in September (which is looking more likely).

Daicos: Ahhhh, Nick. 40 disposals, 3 goals, even with Brodie Smith playing on you. All of Instagram exploding saying how easy you get them. Truth is you still have to get them.

Carmichael: If you had him on your bench in any Fantasy league, look to get him in. What a game! Shame he's too old for Rising Star as the nomination would be deserved. HE ONLY PLAYED 61% TOG!!!!!

Johnson: Big game today. Hope he's alright but I felt he had enough moments in the game. Worth selecting.

Ginnivan: The boy who cried wolf would be a worthy tale to read. Needs to stop faking and learn to win the ball more honestly. Other than that, he was alright. But mate, go down to the local primary school, sit down with kinder and read the book. Now, I won't spoil the ending but there's a lesson in it.

Ruscoe: Trey was important in a few contests. Just needs to work on getting in there more, although he was on the bench for chunks of the game.

Yes the differences in what was paid was glaring. I didnt agree a few weeks ago when the media blew up saying there is an issue with Ginny. I agree now there is an issue in that he is being umpired differently to everyone else. Its the media's fault, Selwood is the media darling so gets the free pass, Ginnivan is (was) unknown and plays for Collingwood (Yuck! Yuck! EEEWWW!), so lets rip him for everything he does. The umps have bought into this mentality.
FINALLY someone who hasn't swallowed the media's balloon juice.

If he played for Melbourne, Richmond or any other of the media's love children, he would be the most popular player. Bailey Sniff used powder and has received more love than Ginnivan whose crime has been a little bit of stupidity on TikTok (not illegal) and doing the Selwood Manoeuvre.

If he played for Melbourne, Richmond or any other of the media's love children, he would be the most popular player. Bailey Sniff used powder and has received more love than Ginnivan whose crime has been a little bit of stupidity on TikTok (not illegal) and doing the Selwood Manoeuvre.
Haha yes! Wasn't Bailey brave last night? What a fantastic effort for him to get back and play again this season after all he has been through, Lets welcome him back and wrap our arms around him /s

Not long back from the game. Nicky Daicos was incredible & Pendles gave his all. Boy our 2 tall defenders stunk it up something chronic.
‘They must defend far better than they did today. 2022 will go down as Moore’s worst year by far. I still think he needs to play forward asap. So we need tall defenders.
Gets too many goals kicked on him & we just don’t get any attacking moves from him there either. Was better in the last quarter.
Bianco tried hard & Carmichael was pretty good. Maynard had 1 centre bounce involvement which we won the clearance & then he went straight back to defence again. I’d like to see Crisp return to the back half & Maynard get some more midfield time. We get Adam’s back next week. Anybody else likely?

Enjoying a few pales tonight to celebrate 8 on the bounce and the champ that is Scott Pendlebury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was me. I travelled to Melbourne intending to watch the game on FTA TV. No such luck, so I decided to go for a super long walk to the Coach and Horses in Ringwood, but they weren't showing the game either. So I walked several KMs to the Mitcham Hotel.
Got there at half time and watched the 2nd half very nervously. It was actually a pleasure watching with no sound on the TV so I didn't have to hear the BS commentary.
3AW were great, called out the unfair treatment of Ginni and went ballistic on some of the ones we weren't paid, and there was genuine excitement for 'both' clubs when they scored or did something special.

How good was Johnson's long goal. Carmichael had about as good a 2nd game as you will see. What a Steal for a mid season pick. Once he gets composure he will be a grade.

Adelaide played well. Commentators and Umpires we're fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 18 = Adelaide 86-91 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back