Game Day Round 18 - Crows v Saints - Battle for Pick 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 3, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Know your mission, lads.

Luckily we have so many bad assistants that this should be solid L despite the genius of Nicks.

Burning questions:

- How will the boys handle the incredible levels of leadership Smith and Murphy will provide?

- Can anyone displace Keays as our most dangerous forward?

- How disappointed is Nicks that he can't make Taylor AND Bond the sub at the same time?

Last edited:

Am I hearing RT sub?

With predicted wetness but no deluge , cold dewy surface is this a game that RT should be playing? A day game in the SANFL might have been a better option giving him one more week

But lets discuss the sub tactic - running 4 talls in this weather would be weird but not unexpected from this coaching group.

I understand the desire to get RT back into the side but as a sub? There are 2 problems I see - is he the 'impact' sub you need? And who do you sub out when you want him to come on

To be fair it may be an injury sub

The correct play is tall for tall but why select that tall you would consider subbing off

tl;dr I dont understand the sub tactic

On a miserable damp day in what been miserable year how about some of young kids star against a miserable Ross Lyon style St Kilda .
Firstly let Zac actually start the game on the green stuff not get splinters for 3 qtrs.
Lets see Thillthorpe re start on the journey to be the player we dreamed of not just hearing about being a monster build.
Just for something different wouldn't it be nice to see some structure at centre bounces with some decent penetrating clearances.
Hope any player does well to keep McHenry ,Murphy combination out of our team forever.

Been saying it all year, we're not that bad that we'll get beaten by Saints at home. Even though they've actually been fairly good of late. Our only terrible performance was the Tigers game. Brad Hill a big loss for them, although somewhat offset by our idiotic decision to play 4 tall forwards. Us in a close win or 5.15 to 8.2 style close loss.

Worried we will get out-marked. Think we should have added Burgess and Borlase into this best 22 for extra height.

Hope the saints win by 50.

Made for Murphy, as designated pressure forward he'll be where the ball drops and with the tall structure we'll be bombing in and there'll be a feast of ground ball. I don't know what he's paying to crack 10 disposals, but if it's any more than about $5, it's worthy of consideration. And then not doing it.

Luckily we have so many bad assistants that this should be solid L despite the genius of Nicks.
Ah yes, "the genius of Nicks" :rolleyes: --- does he have a game-fogged-out plan (as I type,Adelaide is shrouded)?
Actually, if the fog sticks around , it might force Nicks to tell the players to look first then keep the ball low into our forward line. Even chaos ball could work.
How disappointed is Nicks that he can't make Taylor AND Bond the sub at the same time?
Well, he can, by making either one sub and subbing in the other at 1/2 time.
That way two of his fave Senior players can play a full game while the two newbies get only a 1/2 each.
Inexperience damage control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time the boys run onto the ground, I want to win. Today will be no exception.

Way too tall today if the weather comes in. Expecting a loss.

Bracing for the Ross special - them scrapping scragging and scraping a win, or aiming to lose by as little as possible.

Saints form has been really good recently. Beating Suns, respectable loss to Lions, should have beaten Port, Beat Sydney FFS.

Not looking forward to this match at all.

I'm prepared for a loss, but still think if we play the way we should, we get the win at home.

Really, all I want, is to see some youth at the centre bounces.

I want to see Soligo step up and show if he can lead the midfield of the future, after a couple of average weeks.

I want to see Cook really impact the game and play 4 quarters.

And finally, I just want to see RT get through the game unscathed.

Last live game of the year for my boy and me. 2 losses so far, would be happy to close out with a win for him. St Kilda have more winnable games than us coming up so it's very doubtful tonight decides anything. Want a win for winning's sake.

Curtin had a big midfield game in a side that lost biggly today..

IMG_0454.jpeg

Just utterly ridiculous that he isnt playing tonight instead.. the kid has 15 year talent written all over him..

He should ask for a trade home if he has to continue playing on shitholes like the muddy Parade for the rest of the year..

Game Day Round 18 - Crows v Saints - Battle for Pick 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back