Oppo Camp Round 18 non-Pies games

Remove this Banner Ad

Jee-zus! The Saints have played like men possessed against Freo. Granted Freo were a bit flat but take nothing away from the Saints they got the result through playing good footy with Reiwoldt at his unstoppable best. He would have been a very nice pickup had we landed him and despite the fact he's getting on in age still looks to have a couple of very good years of footy left in him.

Jee-zus! The Saints have played like men possessed against Freo. Granted Freo were a bit flat but take nothing away from the Saints they got the result through playing good footy with Reiwoldt at his unstoppable best. He would have been a very nice pickup had we landed him and despite the fact he's getting on in age still looks to have a couple of very good years of footy left in him.
I'm disgusted at the thought of crywoldt playing for collingwood.
That is a shameful suggestion.

I don't follow the other clubs too closely. Last year every one was saying Jeremy Cameron was the next Carey. This year I have not heard too much hype regarding him. Has he had a good year this year? Was all the hype last year warranted?

I'm disgusted at the thought of crywoldt playing for collingwood.
That is a shameful suggestion.

Come on BBB, Nick Reiwoldt is one of the best players of the modern era, and has played most of his career in a poor side, unlike for instance Buddy or Hawkins (or Cloke for that matter). He will not play for us, he is a Saint, but I admire him as a footballer.

I don't follow the other clubs too closely. Last year every one was saying Jeremy Cameron was the next Carey. This year I have not heard too much hype regarding him. Has he had a good year this year? Was all the hype last year warranted?

Maybe a combination of 2nd year blues and other teams figuring him out. Confident Cameron will be a player.

Come on BBB, Nick Reiwoldt is one of the best players of the modern era, and has played most of his career in a poor side, unlike for instance Buddy or Hawkins (or Cloke for that matter). He will not play for us, he is a Saint, but I admire him as a footballer.
The modern era is a fair stretch. He's a choker and he's one of the softest players ever to play the game. Goes to ground and lies half dead on the slightest bump. He made it to two grand finals I wouldn't say he has played his career in a poor side at all. Choked on the big stage on every occasion.

The modern era is a fair stretch. He's a choker and he's one of the softest players ever to play the game. Goes to ground and lies half dead on the slightest bump. He made it to two grand finals I wouldn't say he has played his career in a poor side at all. Choked on the big stage on every occasion.
Soft???Yeah,that mark against flight of ball into oncoming traffic SOFTEST thing ive seen since your shoulders.Lost count of how many SOFT players have kicked 600+ goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wer
Freo lost to the Saints tonight. Maybe we are no that bad after all.
Were bad alright.If you compare our performance against ess to what carlton,saints and gws put up this wend,were the worst team in the comp.I do like your optimism though.Unfortunately for me,the ess game sucked every ounce out of me.NowI hav to resort to reverse psychology

Wer
Were bad alright.If you compare our performance against ess to what carlton,saints and gws put up this wend,were the worst team in the comp.I do like your optimism though.Unfortunately for me,the ess game sucked every ounce out of me.NowI hav to resort to reverse psychology
The Essendon game is an outlier. If you were to rank our performances from the last 5 years or so it would be right down the bottom. Some only other games I can think of that we played that badly since mid-09 would be the first Carlton game in 2012 and the dead rubber vs Geelong in 2011. I would argue it was even worse than both of those.

Bottom line is that game was not par for the course and we can expect something much much better next week...I hope :rainbow:

North are a disgrace of a football club, so much hype and they show nothing. They decide to turn up and play against a good team and just fold against lower teams. Not worthy of a top 8 spot let alone top 4. I can't believe I got sucked in to the hype about them at the start of the year, they have a rubbish list and Petre is their key forward. Petre, for me is the most overrated forward of the last ten years, hardly averages over a goal a game and their back up forwards are no where near top 4 level.

I agree at the thought of what could have been this season. Such a waste of a season for us.

I honestly don't know how we are in the 8, don't think we will be playing finals this year but after round 18 we find ourselves in the 8. Just shows at how many rubbish teams are in the comp at the moment. We are in the same boat as North but at least they have beaten good sides this year, we havn't shown that at all.

Wer

The GC game sucked every ounce out of me and there was nothing left to suck out against Essendon. Maybe realizing that we weren't going to win the game before it even started helped.

I just still can't get my head around the fact of how quickly we have declined as a football side. We were unbeatable, a machine in 2010/2011, one of the youngest premiership side of all time and we are now a side that is not worthy of a finals spot. A side that lost to Adelaide, WB and a team that didn't eve exist when we won our flag in the GC. That is incredibly sad.

The GC game sucked every ounce out of me and there was nothing left to suck out against Essendon. Maybe realizing that we weren't going to win the game before it even started helped.

I just still can't get my head around the fact of how quickly we have declined as a football side. We were unbeatable, a machine in 2010/2011, one of the youngest premiership side of all time and we are now a side that is not worthy of a finals spot. A side that lost to Adelaide, WB and a team that didn't eve exist when we won our flag in the GC. That is incredibly sad.
I dont hav foxtel so livin in perth I had to listen to gc game on radio,by the end of it I was glad I didnt hav to see it in a way.Maybe I read the situation wrong but sounded like we dominated them in first half but didnt take our chances.Kickin 10 straight behinds is a killer.Durin radio coverage I heard commentators say we were playin a taxing game with our manic pressure but didnt take advantage.Considerin it was our 3rd straight game after 6 day break,( last team to do that was geel v syd- we know how that ended)knew if game was in balance at halftime-we would be in trouble considerin humidity up there.If my memory serves me correct, only syd and hawks hav beaten them at home,so if we'd taken our chances,we should hav won that and u never know what that confidence would hav done for us against bombers.Im with u on our decline.Considerin that we'd overtaken geel in 2010,how were so far behind them now is just heartbreakin

Plot Twist

BBB is actually Tony Armstrong and not Brad Dick like he fooled us all to be

Clever, unbelievably clever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Round 18 non-Pies games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back