Review Round 18 - Port Adelaide @ PF Stadium - 14th July 2024 - 1:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Side note - 14,526 was the crowd number today. Our previous biggest home crowd against Port was 12,416 and that was back in 2012. Another sign of GC locals slowly getting onboard and attending home games. Shoutout to anyone who showed up today and made noise. It makes a difference! Make sure you're there for the QClash in a fortnight.

Side note - 14,526 was the crowd number today. Our previous biggest home crowd against Port was 12,416 and that was back in 2012. Another sign of GC locals slowly getting onboard and attending home games. Shoutout to anyone who showed up today and made noise. It makes a difference! Make sure you're there for the QClash in a fortnight.

GWS vs Port in round 14 was 8,914 at engie stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collins turn around in form from this point last year is nothing short of remarkable. He was actively costing us games last year. Now he is playing like the great GC Wall. Seriously impressive year. AA squad for sure.
With Mac and Bodhi coming along tremendously, it looks like Collins has a lot more trust in the defenders around him, allowing him to play his role well instead of thinking he needs to be everywhere and trying to be superman.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw him with the co-captaincy soon with Witts getting on, if he’s going to continue to play within his means and leads that group vocally like he has.

Job done. The home record remains intact and the finals race remains on despite some results not going our way around the grounds. Hardwick will be really happy with how his team defended the corridor and defensive 50. Keeping a dangerous team like Port to 22 scores and 12 goals is a huge win for one of the better defensive groups in the league.

In the middle the leaders and the young ones can be very happy with their performance particularly Davies and Anderson who had 19 clearances between them to help win the clearance battle. To have Davies, Graham and Rosas go through stoppage without Miller and Witts and win the war against arguably the best midfield in the league is a massive win and response to the performance last week.

Collins again showed why he would be All-Australian-worthy this season. He bossed the backfield all day and kept Dixon quiet who only took one big mark on Ballard. Powell backed him up further up the ground and looked imperious in the second half as the Suns defended their lead. Granted the Power’s forward line was under-Powered, it was still a very impressive showing........

The Suns now have a really tough road game in Sydney against the Giants where they haven’t won in 11 years. The Giants have come back into form just in time to despatch the Suns. They have to see this as a serious chance to right the ship and break the streak against a good side. Port are similarly up and down and we looked better than them. Go and impose yourselves for once. Good job today, lets see if they can keep up the momentum and avoid looking like wooden spooners for the last few rounds of the year for the first time ever.

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...er-review-elite-defence-makes-port-look-weak/

I know Humpher had a better game today but I still have NFI what the coaching staff are doing with him. No Swallow or Touk out there and he still can't get a CBA? He is so clean at ground level, it clearly would provide a point of difference in the midfield but they seem intent on letting him languish as a half forward. Extremely frustrating considering his best games last year where as a mid.

Interesting selection ahead, Davies and Rosas will more than likely be out.

Weller and Witts will seemingly be fit.

Swallow come in as sub and move Graham into Davies spot? Rosas is a hard one to replace, we don't really have anyone else like him on the list.

Do you replace Moyle after a good game? Walter again has a couple of nice moments but overall doesn't do enough yet?

Anyone from the VFL demanding selection?

Interesting selection ahead, Davies and Rosas will more than likely be out.

Weller and Witts will seemingly be fit.

Swallow come in as sub and move Graham into Davies spot? Rosas is a hard one to replace, we don't really have anyone else like him on the list.

Do you replace Moyle after a good game? Walter again has a couple of nice moments but overall doesn't do enough yet?

Anyone from the VFL demanding selection?
I would like us to try 2 rucks instead of gifting Jed games

I think Moyle would hold his spot. Witts doesn’t have to play 2s, even a half if he wants to help the club and some of the younger guys would be nice

We have no Rosas replacement, like Humphrey can play deeper forward but he’ll get 5 touches. Sexton can make magic out of nothing better than any of the Oea types. So it’ll probably be Weller in and a shuffle around. I think Swallow comes in as sub, for Davies. Graham starts

I would be all for sending Ballard a selection message. Reward Caleb Graham for 2 good years. Cadman, Riccardi and hogan require 3 talls. Toby took Ballard apart last time, I assume Dimma backs in Uwland or Powell for the job this time. Since Toby is back in form

Walter hopefully gets another go, maybe send him to Taylor (who’s meant to be back) otherwise we play another small as the rest of the talls are injured. And in before case anyone tries to make the case. Moyle and Witts aren’t playing together, especially against the tsunami

Was such a good vibe and seeing a lot more of the casual attendees and so many more kids getting around in suns gear

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18 - Port Adelaide @ PF Stadium - 14th July 2024 - 1:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back