Review Round 23 - Melbourne @PF Stadium - 17th August 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Let him experience the VFL.
Luko wanted to play VFL last week. Dimma wouldn't let him.

Is Petracca going to be flying up for this game? Perhaps a secret meeting with Dimma on Saturday night could be in order?

I'm sure Kalani White will be in attendance for this game. Could be an opportunity there.

If I were to guess, I would say Luko will come in for the final two games to see how he goes attitude wise after the last week. If he really wants to stay, we will see it in his effort, so either way we will have our answer.

Mac becoming the greatest forward of all time in the last 2 weeks has changed the landscape a bit, with King showing he can get up the ground now and provide an outlet. But it means there is huge opportunity for Lukosius on the 3rd tall, which he SHOULD be dominating given his skills and pedigree, if he really wants it. But I think he still has to make up his own mind on what he is. A key forward or a flanker? And get to work in the summer on getting the body for that.

Clayton Oliver is an out for Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We should go all out to win these last 2 games. A winning season of 12-11, while frustrating not to be in finals, would be a clear step forward from last year.

Miller to come back in for sure, don't know who to drop though, even the likes of Lemmens and Sexton played their roles on the weekend.
Miller may not be ready, will have a scan.

Supposably Goodwins getting the ass at end of season…
Let’s put the nail in the coffin
If we give them a flogging it will be a clear sign that he’s lost the playing group. Inversely if they give it a crack then it’s a statement of support for the coach

Interesting viewing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver out. Petracca still out and possibly May as well. Never get a better chance to beat a side we don't win against very often.
Gawn is also banged up badly. We always play close games at home against them. Surely, we will beat them this time. It would be sweet. Miller's run would be handy.

Exited about going to both games on Sat.

Oliver out. Petracca still out and possibly May as well. Never get a better chance to beat a side we don't win against very often.

It will be a good year if we manage to beat Melbourne.

We broke a lot of losing streaks against Port, Essendon and the Pies.

Think the last time we beat Melbourne was 2016.

Win the next 2 and we are back in the successful year camp

It will be a good year if we manage to beat Melbourne.

We broke a lot of losing streaks against Port, Essendon and the Pies.

Think the last time we beat Melbourne was 2016.

Win the next 2 and we are back in the successful year camp
Personally, I disagree. Even if we will win next 2 games, still a failure for me (and according to Dimma). Sure, it would generate enough hope for next year.

But this was the season to make first finals. It would make recruiting easier among other things.

Players got one more year under belt, the best injury run.

IMO, Dimma run too young line-ups for future success (hopefully). Some stubborn decisions while testing players roles. Too often struggles in the middle, not converting, mentally not strong.

Positives - Collins, Uwland, Long, Graham, King, Clohesy, Moyle, Andrew.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what Hardwick does in the middle with Miller back.

He indicated that Davies is a player we want to get time into as a bigger body in the middle, so not sure if he comes out? Rowell is meant to be playing up forward a bit more, but has had 2 of his best games for the year in the last fortnight. Flanders didn’t even get a CBA last week as we only rotated the 4 guys.

Would like to see Anderson Touk Graham rotate through the wing half forward and middle, but I imagine we will just see Graham fall out of the rotation and Rowell and Davies get a few less minutes.

Will be interesting to see what Hardwick does in the middle with Miller back.

He indicated that Davies is a player we want to get time into as a bigger body in the middle, so not sure if he comes out? Rowell is meant to be playing up forward a bit more, but has had 2 of his best games for the year in the last fortnight. Flanders didn’t even get a CBA last week as we only rotated the 4 guys.

Would like to see Anderson Touk Graham rotate through the wing half forward and middle, but I imagine we will just see Graham fall out of the rotation and Rowell and Davies get a few less minutes.
Surely, Davies plays remaining games in the middle as Dimma indicated or he could be gone.

Rotating only 4 guys against Essendon just went against all Dimma's talk about spreading midfield load. Don't get it.

Surely, Davies plays remaining games in the middle as Dimma indicated or he could be gone.

Rotating only 4 guys against Essendon just went against all Dimma's talk about spreading midfield load. Don't get it.
Seems like he is spreading the load across games, rather than in-games. Graham attending more CBAs and Flanders attended none. So it might just be a load manage/role trial instead of proper rotations.

I’d like a bit more balance there to help with our 4th quarter struggles.

Touk in for Sexton. Chuck him on a wing or something.

Huge congrats to Sean Lemmens for holding his spot. Never thought I’d see him in the team again

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23 - Melbourne @PF Stadium - 17th August 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back