Review Round 18 - Port Adelaide @ PF Stadium - 14th July 2024 - 1:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on mate. Gotta get around the boys whenever we win!

Milk Glass GIF
Oh look don't get me wrong, I need to buy milk this morning and I know what brand I'm buying for the boys...

But the goalposts have shifted for me now - We absolutely must win on the road.

Unless we win out we aren't playing a final at home so winning away is a requirement.

We look so much more potent with him in the side.

Enjoyable game at the ground. Could hear Sarge Collins from the rooftop section in line with the coaches boxes. Outrageously commanding that bloke.
It will be a travesty if he continues this form and doesn’t make the AA team.
I thought his best days were behind him but he has been magnificent this year.

I know Humpher had a better game today but I still have NFI what the coaching staff are doing with him. No Swallow or Touk out there and he still can't get a CBA? He is so clean at ground level, it clearly would provide a point of difference in the midfield but they seem intent on letting him languish as a half forward. Extremely frustrating considering his best games last year where as a mid.
Some of Bear’s ground ball gets under real pressure were fantastic.

Was such a good vibe and seeing a lot more of the casual attendees and so many more kids getting around in suns gear
I will say, while it has been a frustrating year results wise, turning up to home games expecting a win and actually seeing win after win has been quite an experience. 7 games for 7 wins is more than I’ve seen in the last few years combined. It’s a great experience guaranteed for the casual fans at the least.

He has so much power when he explodes out of those situations too. We really don't have anyone else who does that in the midfield. I really wish we would get a go in there.
Not sure if it’s still an issue but I remember something about his fitness holding him back from spending more time in the midfield.

Side note - 14,526 was the crowd number today. Our previous biggest home crowd against Port was 12,416 and that was back in 2012. Another sign of GC locals slowly getting onboard and attending home games. Shoutout to anyone who showed up today and made noise. It makes a difference! Make sure you're there for the QClash in a fortnight.
Its very evident how many Suns supporters there are now wearing merch to the game including kids, the AFL investment has got traction for sure

Humphrey reminds me so much of Dangerfield early at Adelaide. Back before the Suns, when I had a thing for the Crows, it was super frustrating to see him pick up between 10-16 disposals and almost dominate games – right through his second, third and fourth seasons. He exploded the year after, got so much more of the ball and became a superstar.

Humphrey can be that player for sure.

Gold Coast v Port Adelaide​

10 Noah Anderson (GCFC)
5 Sam Flanders (GCFC)
5 Wil Powell (GCFC)
4 Sam Collins (GCFC)
3 Ned Moyle (GCFC)
2 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
1 Connor Rozee (PORT)

Was such a good vibe and seeing a lot more of the casual attendees and so many more kids getting around in suns gear
Its very evident how many Suns supporters there are now wearing merch to the game including kids, the AFL investment has got traction for sure
So good to see the game growing and locals embracing the team enough to proudly wear the colours to games. We're certainly on our way to painting the town red!

So good to see the game growing and locals embracing the team enough to proudly wear the colours to games. We're certainly on our way to painting the town red!

I don’t know if it’s becoming a regular thing but I noticed a lot of groups there of young females late teens/early twenties enjoying a social day out. Even the group of girls that was sitting in front of where I was all went and bought scarves at quarter time

We have Graham or Humphrey we can swap for Davies - potentially they could share the role and change up forward, or Humphrey stays forward and Graham into the mids
Farrar or Sexton for Rosas
Holman goes forward and Weller on the wing
I think Farrar has always been a great reader of play like Longy is, Farrar and Longy up forward could be a good combo and they are both tough tacklers
If you really watch Longy's games this year up forward his 1% so often are the reasons we score in big moments let along his ability to score against momentum so many times when the rest of the team were dropping their heads in the North and St Kilda games.
His little paddles, pushes, slaps of the ball to teammates advantage who are open or shepherds and blocks are subtle most of the time but he sets up so many goals on top of what he kicks. He rarely gets beaten or overwhelmed under pressure Been under rated I think this year how well he has done for us in wins and keeping us in games in the losses.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18 - Port Adelaide @ PF Stadium - 14th July 2024 - 1:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back