Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Noble, Elliott, Reef

Out: Mihocek, Howe, Dean

WHE to stay back on Rohan.

Reef to follow Stewart around if he's back.

Dean can play on Neale/SDK but I'd rather Maynard just plays tall and Dean doesn't play because he sucks
Even Dean will be giving away height and size against Neale and Dekonning let alone Maynard.

I'm going to speculate that Howe's hamstring tightness/pain is probably back related seeing that nothing is showing on the scans. Hopefully nothing major.

Problem is that the referred pain is debilitating and makes you prone to actually suffer a tear.

Out: Howe, Mihocek, Markov
In: Elliot, Reef, Noble

Richards the sub.
I'd be giving HH the sub vest and starting Richards on the ground. We're lacking a bit of polish ball in hand, and Joey is a great decision maker and user.

HH also suits that "immediate impact" type with his speed and goal kicking ability, that I personally like coming off the bench.

I'd be giving HH the sub vest and starting Richards on the ground. We're lacking a bit of polish ball in hand, and Joey is a great decision maker and user.

HH also suits that "immediate impact" type with his speed and goal kicking ability, that I personally like coming off the bench.
Very possible. It'll be one or the other.

So given the info at hand

Out: Checkers, Howe
In: Elliott, Noble
Sub: Harrison

I really wish we’d use the sub better. Maybe even try being a pioneer in the space

De Goey is still clearly struggling. Why not use him as the sub?

I’d like to see Richards start on the wing or at least play further up the ground.

So given the info at hand

Out: Checkers, Howe
In: Elliott, Noble
Sub: Harrison

I really wish we’d use the sub better. Maybe even try being a pioneer in the space

De Goey is still clearly struggling. Why not use him as the sub?
Struggling to what?

He was great against GC and was second up on a 6 day break for last week.

Why would we use him as a sub when it’s all hands on deck this week?

Geelong will go short against us and pick through the zone by foot.
We just can’t allow this with the quality of their ball users. I just don’t get this ridiculous way we defend where we stand 5 metres in front of our opponents, in Moores case 10 metres.
Geelong have a tendency to turn the footy over and feel perceived pressure when they are in a really contested game.
We need to bring that heat or else it’s gonna be a long night.

A long night leading to a short season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been hanging out for the official teams for half an hour…..

Only to just remember today is Wednesday not Thursday!
I thought they were released on Wednesday for the Friday night game.

Just saw a stat. Since 2004 Geelong v Collingwood results are 18 to 15 their way but as the Geelong poster added-that must be the worst win loss ratio the Cats have against any club during that period of enormous success.
One of the best wins I’ve ever seen (or at least one of the best big wins) was when our soon to be premiership list but massively underrated at the time ( circa 2008, but maybe it was earlier) absolutely belted them by 10+ goals. It was then the penny dropped that maybe this competitive team that always fell at the final hurdle might be able to go another step.

Footnote the best two big wins I recall were the two in the finals against Essendon in 1990. 2010 gf replay went ok too.

Struggling to what?

He was great against GC and was second up on a 6 day break for last week.

Why would we use him as a sub when it’s all hands on deck this week?

Because outside bursts here and there he’s not running much?

Remember that footage the meeja wheeled out against Sydney and St.Kilda where opponents were just running past him while he made no effort to chase?

Yeah that was happening again against Essendon

But regardless of whether he’s carrying something or not, I’m just saying I wish we’d try something different with the sub

I already answered the why in the post you quoted anyway

Because outside bursts here and there he’s not running much?

Remember that footage the meeja wheeled out against Sydney and St.Kilda where opponents were just running past him while he made no effort to chase?

Yeah that was happening again against Essendon

But regardless of whether he’s carrying something or not, I’m just saying I wish we’d try something different with the sub

I already answered the why in the post you quoted anyway
We can’t afford to have a top 5 player sitting in the sub vest for a must win game.

Have to hope he contributes a match winning performance.

Just saw a stat. Since 2004 Geelong v Collingwood results are 18 to 15 their way but as the Geelong poster added-that must be the worst win loss ratio the Cats have against any club during that period of enormous success.
Interesting.

Last 20 games they are 10-10 (50%) against us which makes us their equal worst matchup. Equal with Freo!!

Last 50 they are 28-22 (56%) against us. Also their worst.

Losing Howe and miho just a joke

Fly really has to conjure up something this week
But if things go badly it will all be about our attitude and laziness. Good players missing is the biggest problem for any footy club and when it's over an extended period it just places a toll on the players who are trying to hold it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back