Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A large part of that is they choose not to play us at their home ground. Bit of a factor but they are generally good games. Both clubs have been successful in recent years.
They choose who they play at their home ground???? Yet another example of AFL favouritism!!

Everyone including the coaches hate the sub. What exactly are you looking for with it? Most of the time it's pot luck as to whether a sub makes an impact or not. Scott n co would be laughing hysterically if JDG was the sub on Fri night.

I get why everyone thinks that way

Footy has been that way for a long time. "This is the way it's done so anything outside of that is weird"

I just reckon the comp is prime for a team to come along and actually use the sub to their advantage in a real way. It's been that way in soccer for a long time where clubs actually back their system in and often use stars as the sub to get over the line, turn a match around or even put the foot to the throat

Given the way we also have so many good players carrying niggles, it's also a way to manage some of those players through

Again, I mentioned earlier that this is all under the guise of taking the club's (Fly's) words at face value that "it's not about the magnets" and that we back in our system.

Working under the assumption that that's not all just a bunch of front facing media fluff, I reckon using a gun player as the sub could be something we could try to maybe move ahead of the pack and give us a point of difference.

Soooo...

OUT: Howe - Mihocek - Markov
IN: Elliott - Johnson - Noble

FB: Dean - Frampton - Maynard
HB: Noble - Moore - Quaynor
C: Sidebottom - N. Daicos - J. Daicos
HF: Elliott - Johnson - De Goey
FF: Hoskin-Elliott - Kreuger - Schultz
FOLL: Cameron - Crisp - Pendlebury
INT: Harrison - Hill - Richards - Long
SUB: Lipinski

Soooo...

Swap Johnson for Reef
One of the smalls will be sub imo.

We simply don't play 5 small forwards (less alone 8 forwards)

Soooo...

Like to squeeze reef in somewhere

Like to squeeze reef in somewhere
Yeah, think it is either Reef or Ash who plays (since Elliott is returning). I thought Reef should be given the chance, because he was in career best form at the point when he was concussed, and then missed several weeks. From memory, his form in the VFL has been consistent, and hasn't had a real opportunity since.
However, I agree - it is hard to go past AJ's performance last week in the VFL. That will be a roll of the dice decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, think it is either Reef or Ash who plays (since Elliott is returning). I thought Reef should be given the chance, because he was in career best form at the point when he was concussed, and then missed several weeks. From memory, his form in the VFL has been consistent, and hasn't had a real opportunity since.
However, I agree - it is hard to go past AJ's performance last week in the VFL. That will be a roll of the dice decision.
Reef was taken out of the VFL game on Sunday at half time. So I think the club had probably made their decision then who was coming in for Checkers.

Going by Fly's presser, you get the sense he wants to see more consistency from Ash before he is a chance.
One good game. But lets see if he can back it up again.

They already made the decision it would be Reef going by the fact they took him out of the VFL at half time.

AJ has more tricks than reef but is so inconsistent
Reef probably a safer option up forward
Reef is also almost 6 years younger so probably more upside.
Johnson is hot and cold, and what you see is what you get but good hands when he can find himself constant in the game. Reef has a higher ceiling with explosive pace with defensive pressure and good below his knees. He'll more likely move into the midfield in a split between forward and mid at some point if he can keep improving his tank.

Reef is also almost 6 years younger so probably more upside.
Johnson is hot and cold, and what you see is what you get but good hands when he can find himself constant in the game. Reef has a higher ceiling with explosive pace with defensive pressure and good below his knees. He'll more likely move into the midfield in a split between forward and mid at some point if he can keep improving his tank.
AJ very talented tho but so inconsistent
Those marks
Those booming goals
Those baulks
Too infrequent tho

Interesting reading the Cats preview thread. A few don't seem to rate Henry too highly. 'Selfish' 'Liability' 'Prefer he doesn't play at all, let alone as the sub'

I'd be surprised if he isn't selected for a game against his old side.
He can come back if he likes haha

Soooo...

Reef has to be in there somewhere. If AJ fails under the pressure, we have to have an alternative option to play his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back