Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the squad will retire soon so we’re in for a decade or more of pain. Won’t get good draft picks this year because of that number 8 who occasionally plays for us then you have Tassie and the compromised drafts and nothing in our VFL to look forward to.
I think you can blame Hine for that.His recruiting in the last 5 to ten years has been deplorable.

Tell McStay to take it easy in the VFL. There's no need to rush back considering the season is over.

Probably not worth risking him

Get him in tip top shape for next season

Yep, time to make some reel hard calls on a few players careers...
Just got to keep playing Richards, Long, Harrison, McInnes rest of the season.

Play Jiath and Eyre as well the rest of the season. I wouldn't play McStay in any game until round 23. Give him one or two games at AFL level, and minimise the risk of hurting that knee again. To me 7 months seems ridiculous to return and play.

Was Sidey that good though? He looks way to slow around the ball and his disposal makes me think it's a face off situation.
Like last week. Ultimately to our detriment as the ball use is poor or rushed more often than not , no leg speed and he can't physically defend well enough.

But he is getting it more and there are other significant failings ahead of him.

I think you can blame Hine for that.His recruiting in the last 5 to ten years has been deplorable.
that's ok though, we'll fix that problem by giving away our future first for some average depth player so Hiney won't have to scratch his head at the draft table and work out which uninspiring HBF he wants next

Last edited:
Quality response mate.

Clearly someone who has an understanding of the game.

Apologies, but if you can’t understand my response to your post….i can’t help you.

Go pies!! Get on the wagon.
You need to re-read the incoherent ramble you posted and try again.

Something about Ginnivan and our picks? I rate Schultz, I love what he brings to our team. But we were bent over in the trade, and now that we’re missing the 8, it’s going to hurt our rebuild. It’s not even debatable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing players after the match
Whats Up Drinking GIF by Outside TV

They just dgaf.

Its forced, manufactured effort. It's not natural. We had natural effort in 22 and 23, this year it seems fake and forced.
We try for a quarter, maybe two, then give very little after that...

Just out of curiosity….how did our first round pick this year go?

Does ginnivan get to the ball in second to make a goal?

How about of first this year?
FMD what a horrible call.

Stop blaming someone that is a clear upgrade just because you want a speculative pick.

It’s going to be top 10 if not better. They are not speculative - actually premium.

Even if we don’t take the pick… it’s great trade value.

Trade was terrible … the only person that can save it is DiMattia - as we should’ve stuck our ground and used that pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a brain dead coaching performance. Down by 3 goals in the last quarter and we couldn't even stand next to an opponent and man up. Nah, let's just let Geelong play kick to kick for 15 minutes and get the ball back later. Do we think there is a shot clock like in basketball? Do we have zero scoreboard awareness?

There is something seriously wrong. Gold Coast, Essendon and Geelong are three games pissed down the drain.

Fancy losing basically the same way two weeks in a row by a set of twins. It's like we have never seen Geelong play before?

The 2010 Premiership team must have been laughing watch this train wreck unfold.

The great teams back it up and that’s what we couldn’t do
Injuries have hurt but the structure and efforts haven’t been there

Like last week. Ultimately to our detriment as the ball use is poor or rushed more often than not , no leg speed and he can't physically defend well enough.

But he is getting it more and there are other significant failings ahead of him.

I think the end is here for Sidey, and it's rapidly closing in on Pendles. I doubt Sidey gets to play next year. Pendles maybe....

Well the only positive I can think of is all the money I save on 2024 premiership merch well go nicely to a new car.

I can't abide those smiles and laughter after our third straight loss. Something is wrong with the mindset.
I'm certain the boys want to, and are trying, to win. But I'm annoyed.

Anyway. I'll never stop cheering, but probably with the same hunger as the boys now that top 4 is highly unlikely.

So. Where are we all going for our September holidays? :moustache:

What a brain dead coaching performance. Down by 3 goals in the last quarter and we couldn't even stand next to an opponent and man up. Nah, let's just let Geelong play kick to kick for 15 minutes and get the ball back later. Do we think there is a shot clock like in basketball? Do we have zero scoreboard awareness?

There is something seriously wrong. Gold Coast, Essendon and Geelong are three games pissed down the drain.

Fancy losing basically the same way two weeks in a row by a set of twins. It's like we have never seen Geelong play before?

The 2010 Premiership team must have been laughing watch this train wreck unfold.

It was a carbon copy of what Essendon did, yet we again didn't pressure or man up. We basically learnt zero from last week

You need to re-read the incoherent ramble you posted and try again.

Something about Ginnivan and our picks? I rate Schultz, I love what he brings to our team. But we were bent over in the trade, and now that we’re missing the 8, it’s going to hurt our rebuild. It’s not even debatable.
No. What we gave up doesn’t change the impact shoota has when compared to what we gave.
Would we have had a better output without brining him in?
Seriously?
How did our first pick go?
Or ginnivan? Would he have made a difference?

Such a shortsighted and poor understanding of the game.

Continue to bleet about a future teens pick mate. It’s a losers way of saying we lost.

And it’s a great way to comfort yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back