Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a brain dead coaching performance. Down by 3 goals in the last quarter and we couldn't even stand next to an opponent and man up. Nah, let's just let Geelong play kick to kick for 15 minutes and get the ball back later. Do we think there is a shot clock like in basketball? Do we have zero scoreboard awareness?

There is something seriously wrong. Gold Coast, Essendon and Geelong are three games pissed down the drain.

Fancy losing basically the same way two weeks in a row by a set of twins. It's like we have never seen Geelong play before?

The 2010 Premiership team must have been laughing watch this train wreck unfold.
These big occasion games usually don’t end well. NYE- enter Fev. 125yrs game vs baggers and our past players came out. Unfurl the Flag this year vs Saints and tonight with our 2010 team watching on.

He’s right if you’re bringing in A grade talent through trade of top 10 picks. Not if you’re bringing in bottom 6-8 type role players who can otherwise come cheaply. Like I’ve said, it’s no disrespect to Schultz, he is a good player. But our list profile is poor, and these decisions are costly.

You build your team around A graders. If you can’t trade them in, you need to be there during the first round of the draft. That’s where history says you’re more likely to draft A grade talent.
What a poor take,

Let’s spend 5 years at the bottom to load up….

Welcome to 2004!

we're getting too old and the younger players arent up to it. We might do a last gasp next year but I doubt we'll have the luck to toss the teams with better players. System can only get you so far and it won a premiership last year, but there was magic involved. Hopefully i'm wrong
Surely the Cats aren’t that much better than us. Re coming back into contention this year. May not win it but looks like they’ll make finals and really, it’s still open for any team to win. Even Swans are gettable.

Terrific response!!

Clearly understand the game.
Or is my English incorrect?
Not clear why you can’t post as decent response?!?

I’m legit asking you to respond. Up to you what you do with this.
I’ve written a response numerous times. You keep talking about immediate impact. I’m taking about the long game.

Good list management is drafting at the top end, trading or signing A graders where you can, and getting role players on the cheap. Look at Carlton getting Acres for a future third, for example. That’s good trading, because it retains top picks but strengthens the list.

Football is an infinite game. Yes there are winners and losers, but there is always next week or next year. And you have to run your club with that in mind. I don’t expect people like you to understand it, I have a hard enough time convincing senior executives of the need for that mindset.

What a poor take,

Let’s spend 5 years at the bottom to load up….

Welcome to 2004!
You just can’t elevate yourself to the wavelength needed to think beyond 5 minutes from now. It’s okay, it’s not for everyone.

You probably loved the trade to bring Beams back, too.

I’ve written a response numerous times. You keep talking about immediate impact. I’m taking about the long game.

Good list management is drafting at the top end, trading or signing A graders where you can, and getting role players on the cheap. Look at Carlton getting Acres for a future third, for example. That’s good trading, because it retains top picks but strengthens the list.

Football is an infinite game. Yes there are winners and losers, but there is always next week or next year. And you have to run your club with that in mind. I don’t expect people like you to understand it, I have a hard enough time convincing senior executives of the need for that mindset.
Wow.

Good list management- as you put it….is staying in the window. Something we have done very well.

Let’s take your approach.
We don’t trade for Shultz. Ginni goes.
We now have what; maybe pick 9 this year?

What odds do you think pick 9 is going to be good? Let’s give you 80%. Going to be a player.
Is that next year? 2 years?
So now we have a player that maybe is going to be good in 3 years.
What a win!!

I think you need to maybe review your concept of good list management.
Like I said…welcome to 2004.

Ps. I make 1mil a year….so I don’t really think the last line is relevant.
But all Power to you mate.
You convince who you need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back