Preview Round 18 Vs Sydney Swans Sunday 28 July 2013 @4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We match up well and have won 3 of the last 4 with the only loss being by 10 points.
I'm not that confident of winning but I can't see us getting smashed, it'll be close.

Lets not count that 10pt game as if I remember correctly they kicked awfully at goal and it should've been at lot more. Having said that we are in a better place now than then but really have to concentrate at goal kicking from the 50 and not bombing long.

We match up well and have won 3 of the last 4 with the only loss being by 10 points.
I'm not that confident of winning but I can't see us getting smashed, it'll be close.

Yes we do but Tuck going head to head with Kennedy is one of the most important imo but will he b selected.

Looking forward to this game. Pencilled it in at the start of the year as a danger game and it still is. I didn't think you guys played that well against Freo (an awful, negative side, god I hate Lyon) but you got over the line. Tigers of a few years back probably would've lost that game.

We have some big outs but the kids who are in are doing an amazing job thus far. Tippett is proving his worth already, and I sense he could go nuts soon.

Haven't looked closely at the match ups but I'm expecting a cracking game. Who gets Cotchin, Martin and Deledio and how well they do will determine much of the encounter I think. Parker may get Cotchin, Nick Smith may get Martin (depending on how far forward he plays) and not even sure about Deledio?

Looking forward to this game very much, especially if Gary Rohan makes his comeback this week.

If we bring the intensity we brought against the Eagles and the Dockers we'll be competitive at a minimum. The Swans are a great unit but are not unbeatable. That is the attitude that we need to take into the game on Sunday.

I think this a no-dramas, no-lose game for us this week.

In that, if we win, friggen awesome, finals pretty much sewn up and no one can question whether or not we can take big scalps.

If we lose, well, it was expected so no real dent in the reputation or confidence. As long as we don't get pounded by 10 goals.

I'm looking forward to this one to be honest, I actually feel we can be competitive, perhaps even knock them off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if we can go in unchanged this week.

Not too many teams only play 5 Key Position Players. We have Riewoldt, Vickery, Rance, Chaplin and Maric.

Most teams are playing at least 7. We didn't get exposed against Freo because they only had a resting ruckman and backman Silvangi over 190cm in the forward line, similar to the Gold Coast.

Thoughts?

I think we need to bring back in Astbury until Grimes is right. I have no idea who for though.

I still believe Tuck is in our best 22. This effectively leaves two or best 22 out with Grimes. Arnott will probably make way eventually, although I expect him to be best 22 round 1 next year. Not sure who the other is though with both Petterd and White in good form.

I hope you're right, but I must say having an Australian cricketer as your avatar doesn't fill me with confidence...
Aussies will lose 5-0. Better? :p

I have faith because it's now not a game we need to win. We can just go out and play.

Too many people have been listening to Paul Roos dribble. They are not as unbeatable as Roos would try and have everyone think be it melbourne or up in Sydney. Freo almost beat them up there so why can't we?

I like our chances better in this one than vs the hawks the following week.

Not expecting any changes unless injury rears its ugly head so we should go into this game full of confidence and a settled line up. :thumbsu:

What's with the negativity?
The players will surely believe they can win and rightly so.

Lets beat this mob and secure finals this week.
Hear Hear!. We bring the defensive intense tackling pressure to the small SCG that we bought yesterday & we are a huge chance. We better because the swans will bring it. Yesterday was the benchmark for defensive pressure if we want to win big games like this week & finals.

Nothing to worry, we'll be fine.

The midfield battle will be great; Cotchin, Martin, Foley and Deledio (+Tuck, fingers crossed) vs Kennedy, Hannebery, O'Keefe and Jack.

If the conditions are wet, winning the contested footy is obviously the key. Combine that with the small ground, there will be plenty of stoppages. We need Tuck back in the midfield as I think we'd go in undersized without him. Perhaps Arnot should make way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back