Preview Round 19 2024 – GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday July 20, 1.45pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really would like to see a wholesale review of these rules and interpretations, with particular reference to holding the ball and guidance provided on legal/correct tackles. The tribunal keeps saying what not to do but I am yet to see much coming out from the league on what to do or what should be done in different scenarios.

Last edited:

Something to watch for is our crowd numbers this weekend. The record home crowd against Gold Coast at Giants Stadium/ Engie is 8,308 (the record at our Manuka home ground is 10,026).
Thinking we'll also break the Giants record. Won't mind if we're looking at 9k or over (the more the better) given the relatively dry weather forecast and kids round.

Would love to see some signs of undercurrent growth that may have been subdued by weather and trackwork for two of our lowest attended games.

Absent any adverse weather/ trackworks, I think we will break the Giants Stadium record, and may even give the Manuka home crowd record a shake?

Can't see any major trackwork and weather looks to be ok. T1 Richmond line is going directly to Olympic Park so should be a direct trip for those catching the train in serviced by this line. :)

In pleasing news, a Giants fan that hasn't been to a game at Giants stadium since 2019, we've invited and will be coming with us. We met them at a previous Giants watch party, I asked if they were coming to the game this Saturday and they said no. They mentioned they haven't been since 2019 as they have no one to go to a game with, so we invited them along.

Last edited:
Thinking we'll also break the Giants record. Won't mind if we're looking at 9k or over (the more the better) given the relatively dry weather forecast and kids round.

Would love to see some signs of undercurrent growth that may have been subdued by weather and trackwork for two of our lowest attended games.

Can't see any major trackwork and weather looks to be ok. T1 Richmond line is going directly to Olympic Park so should be a direct trip for those catching the train in serviced by this line. :)

In pleasing news, a Giants fan that hasn't been to a game at Giants stadium since 2019, we've invited and will be coming with us. We met them at a previous Giants watch party, I asked if they were coming to the game this Saturday and they said no. They mentioned the haven't been since 2019 as they have no one to go to a game with so we invited them along.
Awesome 😎

Fox Footy team tips - At the top of this article it has the Bedford ban but then they've included Bedford in the squad in the meantime.

GWS’ Round 18 team

B: C.Idun, J.Buckley, H.Himmelberg

HB: L.Whitfield, L.Aleer, H.Perryman

C: C.Ward, T.Green, I.Cumming

HF: B.Daniels, J.Riccardi, A.Cadman

F: T.Greene - C, J.Hogan, T.Bedford

FOLL: K.Briggs, S.Coniglio, F.Callaghan

I/C: J.Fonti, H.Thomas, D.Jones, T.McMullin, J.Peatling

EMG: L. Aleer, X.O’Halloran, J.Wehr

Team Tips: The biggest concern for the Giants out of their win against Richmond on Sunday will be the shoulder injury to Stephen Coniglio. Having already spent a month on the sidelines this year after dislocating the same shoulder, GWS will be praying it isn’t as severe this time around. There weren’t many passengers against the Tigers in what was a solid team effort; so any of the 22 would be unlucky to be dropped. The Giants’ VFL side had a bye over the weekend, but Nick Haynes and Xavier O’Halloran would be the two players you could imagine knocking the door down the hardest for a recall. The former would make more sense to return this weekend, given he is a more direct swap for Coniglio. Sam Taylor remains at least another week away from a potential return from a nasty testicle injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Cameron had his suspension upheld. So sadly Bedford has no chance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back