Autopsy Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen the future.
A confident King will be nearly unstoppable one out.
Now imagine every time today we kicked it to Hunter that was B King. Who is neatly as good one out.No double teams on either of them as the defender would be to scared to leave the other
And then imagine Milney roaming at their feet….

Even if Marshall didn't play and Highmore was available might of stopped Darling a bit - just so frustrating when you have so many injuries.
Ratten must get stressed to the max.
Nah, the Mediocre Mob gave him a season-long pass after Round 5. Easy Street.

We need a forward line but is it too much same same? I would probably prefer someone like Finlayson and leave space for the one true King. Or Ricciardi. Would be pocket change in comparison. Small forwards would be nice.

Smart and skilled forwards that can stick a tackle is all we need. Higgins has been good this year (way better than I thought to be honest) and Gresh -if played there- would be a brilliant set up. They don't necessarily have to be small either (just smaller than King & Roma types)

I lot of talk about personell but it was the the two things that have killed us since forever that let us down.
1. Goalkicking - Billings miss being the classic example. Eat that up and we would have had some huge momentum.
2. Last kick inside 50. Atrocious yet again. Compare our kicks to the Eagles today. Honestly the last player we've had who could kick it lace out to a forward was Lenny Hayes.

I lot of talk about personell but it was the the two things that have killed us since forever that let us down.
1. Goalkicking - Billings miss being the classic example. Eat that up and we would have had some huge momentum.
2. Last kick inside 50. Atrocious yet again. Compare our kicks to the Eagles today. Honestly the last player we've had who could kick it lace out to a forward was Lenny Hayes.
Dal and Goddard weren’t bad either

To be fair, Lenny was part of the last team to be asked to provide that kind of delivery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kent & Long yes
I thought Butler was OK

Butler only kicked goals when it was too late, Kent and Long wasted shots at goal, Long kicking into the goal umpire from point blank range was unforgiveable.

We miss Gresham, he kicks goals when it counts.

Like others have said Battle Paton Marshall Gresham Higgins Highmore Clark Dmac all arguably in our best 22.

then the next rung Gears Carlisle McKernan wood all missing and we have improved out of sight since the doggies game.

move on half a dozen from the list. Draft 5-6 kids. Take another 2-3 delisted players and I think we are legit 1 more season away from really being a force.

We would've won that game with Marshall and Higgins or even Lonie, we really lacked forward targets, Kent, Butler and Long were next to useless up forward.

Not only did they not kick goals they lacked pressure at ground level, West Coast were able to stroll out of their defensive 50 way too easily.

Can't wait to get Gresham back so we can play him up forward, he'll bring the tackling pressure and he can kick goals.
Not sure what you want Butter to do tbh. Clearly one of our best.

Even though it was a loss we finally had other players than Jack Steele standing up when things weren’t going to plan. It’s also very exciting to see both King and Butler (again) looking like elite footballers

Butler does it two or three times a year, not sure he can do it consistently though.

Eagles kicking to advantage of their players was great compared to our shotgun approach. No wonder our forwards don't lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back