Autopsy Round 19, 2023: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone summarise?

North player was soaring on the wings of an eagle heading straight for a destination sure to bring the dawn of a new age. Umpire kicked a cavoodle puppy which messed with the balance of nature, plunging us into a darkness where there will be much anguish for an eternity.

or something

Let Corey coach next week.
Luckily enough Ratts didn’t have a plan B.

I'm not great at lip reading but I think he was screaming "Chuck Battle forward!!" at Todd Viney the whole last quarter...

Hawks gonna smack us next week.

An umpire ripped the game out of North's forward movement and probably stopped a score opportunity
The umpire did it with an obscene AFL petty split second free kick no would have deserved but these prancing over killers adjudicating games are screwing it into the ground the sport unfair brought the ball back gave it to Saints and turned the chances for North on their head.
What a terrible disappointment and that free is the type of rubbish umpires give out but have no idea nor do the fools that make these piddly rules up, it is just ruining the game it's basketball rules this is not basketball, to get a free kick against youbecause of momentum from bodily speed is a ******g joke.
I'm sorry I follow the Hawks but who ever won that game today changes nothing that blasted free was uncalled for it was barely warranted but some over the top Prancer killed a chance
Is that what Aussie rules has come to
And the TV sycophants say stuff all!
I’m sorry. Did you lose your bet today?

Dear god. Matching, come from behind, 8 point wins against West Coast and North (who have both lost 16 games in a row). A loss to Hawthorn before the bye. A comprehensive loss to Gold Coast last week.

If the wheels haven’t fallen off then they are wobbly and coming off the axels.

The first 3 quarters were terrible. Only 4 goals until 3QT against a club who are squealing for a priority pick.

Goes to show how important it is to bank early wins. We are playing like a bottom 4 team. I just can’t see the form switch being flicked.

The kids have been great. But we have very few elite senior players, and our skills and decision making remains awful.

We beat north by 8 points lol

They'll end up with pics 2 and 3.

We'll end up around pick 10 again.

They'll pass us next year or the one after.

Sent from my CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tanking doesn’t work. Build a winning culture and guys like Max nas Pou Owens develop the winning culture faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly win. Seems like the lowly teams like norf find ways to bring us down to their level, we don't seem to look this bad against the decent teams.
Pinching a W in one of the worst patches of form in recent memory, I'll take it.
Good to know we can basically stuff around for 3 quarters then turn up for 20 minutes and get the job done at least. Plenty of work to do but the last quarter at least showed we've got blokes who care.

Huge games from Steeley, plus Sinclair and Marshall as usual. Great to see Windy getting more involved as well. Crouch Wood and Windy just continuing to do their bit week in week out.

Youngsters all got involved with some good moments, Caminiti and Owens were particularly exciting. Bytel and Sharman spent fair amounts of time out of position but chipped in when it counted.

Hopefully Hill isn't too bad, and fingers crossed Nas' knee doesn't give him any grief.

I might watch an NPC streamer next week instead of our game.

At least then I can take in something with a genuine sense of awe.
The AFL executive’s must be scratching their heads tonight afer that game and then looking at the ladder.

Has there ever been a worse team sitting in 6th at this stage of the season?

It’s soooo St Kilda and I love it.
I want my afternoon back.

Probably don't need to see No. 4 out there again for the Saints. Tell everyone he's injured if you wanna maintain his FA value, but enough already.

Don't care who comes in. Peris at least had a dip last week, he'll do.
I'm a Gresh fan and think he gets an overly hard run on here must of the time but in his worst season at the club, that was his worst performance. No idea what's going on with him.

We all know Marshall isn't a true forward but he'll always give you a contest and is a serious contested mark.

I'm sick of bemoaning our lack of tall forwards all year but doing nothing much to alter things around. Our strategy has been, okay how do we best play with a small forward line and manufacture a score good enough to win. Week after week all that's happened is we've struggled to kick ten goals and opposing intercept defenders have had a field day.

FFS put Marshall or Battle, even Howard forward to give us a contest. Bring in Highmore or Coffield now he's back, to bolster the back line. Sure it might be robbing Peter to pay Paul but at least try something different.

I know one thing. Sicily won't take 20 unopposed marks next week if Marshall is around him. First choice for me would Marshall forward with Sharman the lead up option. Campbell in to do 70 per cent if the ruckwork and Owens a starting mid.

Just do something different instead of entrusting a mosquito fleet set-up to kick us a winning score. As it sits now teams know they only have to kick about 12 goals and that will be us done. All too easy.

Let's hope the last quarter was an eye opener for us at last. It' s not a permanent solution obviously but at least it gives us some kind of workable structure.

I think we all need to finally address the real elephant in the room. How does a basketballer who knows nothing about footy in Andrew Gaze end up on a footy show as a commentator?
Really, most likely has more of a clue than the nuffers on here

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2023: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back