Review Round 19, 2023 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier Duursma , boak and wines aren't good enough to be starting premiership players

There skills are so deplorable and it's just 3 player types that failed in 2013-2021 finals

X man is coming off a very injury hit couple of years. I'd back him in for his foot skills to improve

Problem for Boak is he's not a starting mid anymore in this side & he struggles in other roles and always has.

From the AFL stats, Boak didn’t attend one centre bounce, so they are trying to play him in more of an outside mid role. That doesn’t work for him. His problem is that he doesn’t displace anyone in the centre rotation (except maybe Wines), so there I’m really isn’t much of a role for him now

We may have pushed the flag near certainties last night, but it means nothing come the business end. Reminds me of when we lost to the swans (with buddy at the peak of his powers) by under a kick at the scg in mid-2014, when like last night, were made to pay for our wasted chances. We all know what happened after that…

Just watched the Hinkley post game presser. His glass half full approach and blind optimism is exactly why he needs to be replaced. He has conflated the idea of a one goal loss in a game that could have gone either way as being just as meritorious as winning that same game by a goal.

They're doing a lot right, and to suggest otherwise would be ignorantly foolish. But there's a killer instinct that this team lacks which all of the top teams in history have. And until they can fix that (and imo they won't fix it under Ken) they are going to be forever the bridesmaid.

If we were a legit premiership contender, we win these games, especially at home. Brisbane and Melbourne have both beaten Collingwood this year at home.

Ken Hinkley saying all players selected are 100%. LOL. Does this guy EVER speak anywhere near the truth? Watching Lycett and Dixon trying to jump, ruck, bend over, move was painful.

played well for 80% of the game, we had the opportunities, but were not quite good enough, we need to sort out goal kicking & decision making under pressure.
inexperienced players made crucial mistakes, hopefully they can learn.
experienced players went missing in the last quarter, when we needed them.
mcentee & evans in the same forward line, did (does) not work.
narkle would have been a better option.

went in with a good game plan, but we could not do it for 4 quarters, "missed by that much".
cameron's 45 hit outs, pendlebery & sidebottom quality ball use at the contest.

With 22 disposals and a game high 742 metres gained Burton (AkA The General) gave us a heap of drive from the back and could have kicked a couple himself. It was a dogshit decision to drop him and bring Jonas in last week
All that metres gain and every other metric you can stick up your a*** when it’s your turn to go and you don’t. It’s not a good look for the rest of the team. I reckon it’s a big reason he’s been dropped. He did the same shit in the ‘21 PF.

I thought I would be way more disappointed than I was to be honest. Rarely will you be out and away the best home and away team like Collingwood are, so our best chance for a premiership are just being closely the best team on the day. Today gave me confidence that we have the talent to do so, without expectation.

It’s not the early 2000’s where we’re clearly one of the best, but teams slip through the cracks and win premierships on the day a lot. I think we’re good enough to win two finals at least. Sounds rogue but I think the team would prosper if it’s an away prelim. Underdog mentality would do wonders for a young team with expectation.

I'm not wishing to nail any one player for a losing a game we should have won but geez Lachie Jones is like the curate's egg, those two lame attempts to spoil where he not only took team mates out of the contest but allowed the ball to get behind him for easy wobbler goals, eg in one situation 3 of them were loose in the goal square and had time to have a giggle and then raffle it amongst themselves, was dare I say it Jonas like.

The only real difference in those c*ck ups was the only way TJ could have ever been that high was if he was on one of Mr Bailey's ladders while cleaning the gutters on his roof!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest missed opportunity to put to bed the idea that no lead is safe against Collingwood. Had we been able to hold on it would've given us and others a lot of confidence.

Really liked most of Lachie Jones game. Unfortunately his errors are costly, as most backline mistakes are, but I think with more experience he will be an excellent player for us in the coming years.

Collingwood had nerve - players had strong legs and kicked truely. Colllingwood have done this all year and will win the flag. They are not mentally fatigued and keep winning.
Port once again can’t handle pressure whch was show by the missed set shots.
Lachie Jones, needs to get rid of his inner chicken, leaping for a ball, running hard and over running it are signs of not handling pressure.
Question mark over Lycert, Boak Marshall.
do not address these question Port will be wall papering over the cracks.
Now the real test, do Port win the remaining games. Regroup and go hard. Head done and get the job done.

So much loser talk on here. Proud of the boys, just lost to the best team in the comp. **** off. We should have won that game by 3 or 4 goals. Weak as piss when it mattered. Missing easy goals is sapping. As I said our lack of killer instinct is a direct reflection on the piece of shit head coach. The guy is a born loser.

Now the real test, do Port win the remaining games. Regroup and go hard. Head done and get the job done.
I have my doubts but we still have time on our side to work on these issues before finals. But we must rebound in the Showdown otherwise our mentality will be shot for the rest of the year.

I thought the reason that Aliir's was called play on was because he ran over the mark out of play?

No it was called before he stepped into the field of play. The mark is on the boundary line

Darcy Cameron had 20 hit outs to advantage. His previous best was 13. Put in a decent ruck like Hayes and you get a different result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2023 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back