Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Duggan, Hutch
In: Culley, Gov

Boot to the ankle wouldn’t be pleasant but hopefully doesn’t hold Brockman out. Culley was immense in the WAFL. Hutch unlucky, worth persisting with but don’t really see a fit right now and Gov plays if available.

LEdwards to sub I suppose.

FB: Hough Barrass Witherden
HB: Hunt Gov Cole
C: Ginbey Yeo Maric
HF: Cripps Waterman Culley
FF: Jones Allen Ryan
R: Williams Reid Kelly

INT: JWill, H. Edwards, Trew, Brockman, L. Edwards

Johnston for Duggan, can switch between wing and half back like Duggan was.

Culley for Brockman.

Jones or Hutchinson to sub.

Take Burgiel across as an emergency since there’s no WAFL game.

Give Gov another week to get over his injury.

Boot to the ankle wouldn’t be pleasant but hopefully doesn’t hold Brockman out. Culley was immense in the WAFL. Hutch unlucky, worth persisting with but don’t really see a fit right now and Gov plays if available.

Replace cole and keep hutch in?

Id like to see Burgiel in as the priority for Duggan

If Brockman is out then bring in either Culley or Baker depending on where they want to play Ginbey- backline or mid

If Hutch out then bring in Johnston or Darling

We can shuffle the magnets to bring in Burgiel first for whoever

Replace cole and keep hutch in?
Cole’s final 10 had a couple of pretty bad moments, but thought he was quite comfortably in our best for the first 70 odd minutes of the game. Tough gig being a defender, doesn’t take much to get the spotlight on you.

Thought he, Hunt and Hough carried the load for a lot of that game.

Gov won't play. We fly to Melbourne. Won't be cleared and better to rest him up for next home game. Harry Edwards did great today if we need 2 defenders at all? Saint forward line doesn't have king in it and they have no real height to worry us too much. Speed is what we will need to cover next week. Johnston dewar baker should be considered to give us some zip and allow the match committee to throw the magnets around.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

No WAFL this week, and Darling was a beast yesterday, but I’d really rather see Archer Reid thrown a game or two instead of one week of Darling out then straight back in.

Pretty much the one spot we don’t need to worry about numbers for, no rush there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Duggan, Jones, *Brockman
In: Johnston, Dewar, *Burgiel

Waterman still struggling with his knee problems, if he is out I'd like to see Archer Reid get a debut just to give Snake the week off to get over it. I don't want HEdwards out after one game, would rather see McGovern given more time off.

*only if Brockman is injured

Out: Duggan, Jones, *Brockman
In: Johnston, Dewar, *Burgiel

Waterman still struggling with his knee problems, if he is out I'd like to see Archer Reid get a debut just to give Snake the week off to get over it. I don't want HEdwards out after one game, would rather see McGovern given more time off.

*only if Brockman is injured
Thoughts on not giving Reid the debut (well worth a look soon enough) but instead going in with Allen and JWill. Straight Waterman for Burgiel/Dewar swap, get some pace in?

JWill at 66% TOG just doesn’t do it for me, it’s Hickey/Vardy when we’ve got Naitanui numbers and can’t be good for everyone’s legs.

Thoughts on not giving Reid the debut (well worth a look soon enough) but instead going in with Allen and JWill. Straight Waterman for Burgiel swap, get some pace in?

JWill at 66% TOG just doesn’t do it for me, it’s Hickey/Vardy when we’ve got Naitanui numbers and can’t be good for everyone’s legs.

It could work, it's in decisions like these that we'll see how much change/influence Simpson had over the MC. The Eagles love their 2 tall forwards and 2 rucks (one resting either forward or on the bench). I just don't see them straying from this formula.

However yes I want to see some experiments in the team selection for sure.

Duggan played midfield today, might be a chance for Culley over Baker
Trew / Ryan got most of their midfield minutes once Duggan went out tho. I think we should be rolling with Yeo, Reid, Kelly, Trew, Ginbey and Ryan for rest of year.

Looked like Brockman's ankle twisted as it got stood on, was very brief but it could have done a few weeks worth of damage.

Although he didn't play much and Jones was invisible I'd hate to lose that pace throughout the team (if Jones got dropped for example).

Jones would definitely be a candidate to be dropped unless he had some defensive job he did well that I am unaware of.

I can't see too many changes happening. Leave Trew and Edwards in obviously for a bit, no need to rush in Hall or some other mid at this stage.

If Waterman gets rested try play JWill more minutes up forward and see how the team looks that way.

Id like to see Burgiel in as the priority for Duggan

If Brockman is out then bring in either Culley or Baker depending on where they want to play Ginbey- backline or mid

If Hutch out then bring in Johnston or Darling

We can shuffle the magnets to bring in Burgiel first for whoever
I forgot about Dewar

Burgiel for Duggan
Dewar for Brockman (if injured)
Darling for Waterman (if injured)

Maybe Johnston in for Hutch, putting Burgiel into that HFF role with Johnston across half back

Leave A.Reid for next year
Gov to get 1 more week unless hes genuinely 100%, in which case id drop Witherden probably

Never going to make these many changes after an effort like that but

Duggan (inj) - Johnston
Brockman (inj) - Dewar
Hutchinson - Culley
Cole - Gov
Jones - Burgiel

Hough - HEdwards - Ginbey
Gov - TB - Hunt
Maric - Yeo - Johnston
Ryan - J Williams - Culley
Cripps - Allen - Waterman
B Williams - Kelly - Reid
Trew - Burgiel - Witherden - Dewar
Sub - LEdwards

More of a push for the Younger blokes this week due to WAFL bye

Last edited:
OUT: Duggan (inj.), Brockman (inj.), Jones
IN: Baker, Dewar, Johnston

Hutchinson to sub.

If Hedwards has to go out for Gov then so be it, but I'd like us to back him in as unlikely as it sounds.

Schofield played Maric and Hutchinson on the wings in Q4 and I’d like to persist with it.

Gov will be another 2 to 3 weeks and St Blunders minus King are not that tall.

I believe Jones stood out like dogs nut as being a turnover merchant. Love the energy but he is frustrating.

Brockman kicked 1 goal but hardly made an impact in other things

Out - Duggan Brockman and Jones
In - Burgiel Dewar and Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back