Prediction Round 19, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockman for mine to be omitted if he's not out with injury for Dewar who deserves a minimum of 2-4 week block with some of those games not as sub

Duggan for culley

Baker and burgiel need to string a couple more games together in the twos before a promotion.

Out: Duggan, Brockman
In: Culley, Dewar

JJ to sub.

Persist with Hutchinson, Leddy. Fire a rocket up Ginbey's arse - Schofield should be good for that I think - the Boy just has to start backing himself a bit more and straight lining the footy.

Was hard on Cole yesterday but he did some great link up and rebounding work too on reflection. We are crying out for some drive out of the backline to get our transitions kick-started. Hough just needs someone else reliable as a foil back there. Witho is probably the one who should be getting nervous if any of our small defenders at WAFL level are showing something?

Overall just hoping to see a continuation of the effort level rather than another trough of apathy.

Would like to see a couple more games with Schofield's experiments and the youth thing.
Glad to see the Lion's game done, it had some distractions. Maybe the back to back home games will reveal more about the coach and players.
Or how we show up against St. Kilda?
(Hope Gov's back for the derby-darby?)

Absolutely no basis for this other than the telecast, but Yeo looked banged up at the end of the game. Could see us taking a conservative approach there and giving him a week off. Hope to be wrong however.

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this, but here will do

I think everyone, including Andrew Gaff, knows this is his last year and even his harshest critics wouldn’t begrudge him a farewell game (Carlton in R23 is our last home game)

What the above conversation is about (and it’s something I was unaware of) is Gaff is three games short of qualifying for AFL life membership. Which is a big thing

It means we’d need to nurse him through 3 games, possibly as the sub, for him to reach the 300 games necessary to qualify

Personally, I’d be happy if the club did this with a strong preference that he plays as the sub so as to have the least impact on development of young players

I think everyone, including Andrew Gaff, knows this is his last year and even his harshest critics wouldn’t begrudge him a farewell game (Carlton in R23 is our last home game)

What the above conversation is about (and it’s something I was unaware of) is Gaff is three games short of qualifying for AFL life membership. Which is a big thing

It means we’d need to nurse him through 3 games, possibly as the sub, for him to reach the 300 games necessary to qualify

Personally, I’d be happy if the club did this with a strong preference that he plays as the sub so as to have the least impact on development of young players

Hard agree on the sub part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be pretty happy with him as sub. Don’t want any young players in the role ideally.

It's not like we're playing finals so it's not a bad thing to do.

He could even replace Duggan (without the CBAs) but that would mean playing a full game which would be better gifted to someone else.

Since there is no WAFL I am not against Chesser coming straight back in for Duggan.

Not sure about Culley, he deserves it for sure but don't want to see him play wing.

We've just got a new coach and seemingly some more integrity at the selection table finally....and we're going to play a guy (even as sub) just to nurse him to 300?

I really hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back